>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=61
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12556/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49042/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/categories/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/categories/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22442/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>densely populated urban environment when edition
never

Camo made that before coming to the conclusion that ENBs are shit and then only using ReShade, so it's a pretty hilarious thing to tout at the best

also, that screen is a nice screen, but that would be absolute shit tier to play the game with

When they use an entirely different engine, so yeah, never.

1st post for ENBs are for faggots

>densely populated urban environment when edition

That would ruin Fallout for me. Seeing a version of the modern world, minus the absurd overpopulation we accept as normal in the West is a big reason why I like the 3d fallouts.

There is something incredibly satisfying about walking through city streets in the middle of the day without having to worry about traffic and without passing hundreds of people.

Emperor's ballsack, in 1 day

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=61

So last thread, someone was talking about mods that the Unofficial Patch breaks, but never actually SAID what they were. Does anyone have a list/personal experience, or was user shitposting again?

Why is this son of a bitch so gamebreakingly bugged...
He just spams LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY TO TAKE ON ANOTHER SQUIRE after Virgil mission. I completed that mission with all variations and he still locks like that.
And since I'm on Survival console is not an option.
Help? I have a save before killing virgil if that helps.

Fuck that nigger. He's just as bad as Preston. I had to try three times before he would shut up about the children, and let me talk to him about Acadia.

The worst part is: I actually love those missions and do them all the time.

>Sometimes after completing the story for the Brotherhood of Steel, Lancer-Captain Kells will ask you to inform him when you are ready to head out with another squire endlessly, preventing you from ever doing this quest again. (Verified on PC. After choosing the peaceful option on the quest A Loose End and completing it, Kells will get bugged and these radiant quests cannot be received anymore. [verified] setstage c8675 0 after he bugs out will fix this and make it so Kells will give the quest again.

you get the places we've visited in FO1 through to FO4 have all been way-way-way more populated canonically than they appear in game, right? And that motor vehicles are relatively commonplace in NCR?

It's literally just tech limitations stopping it from happening and not the setting

After completing the quest in any way he does that. And I'm playing on Survival so no console. Wat do?

mod in the console, no one will care.

>And that motor vehicles are relatively commonplace in NCR?
I'm pretty sure the powdergangers sole reason to exist in fallout:nv was to explain why the railway system didn't work and the player couldn't just ride a train all the way to new vegas.

A god damn western setting without a train robbery quest.

Just got Fo4 for PC, any advice on modding? How different is it from Skyrim?

Yes. (The same is true for TES.) But I don't have to deal with it in the actual games. They are nice and empty, and only populated by important people and monsters, and I am the only person with a car.

>tech limitations
Just like spears in Skyrim, right?

a far larger Mojave incorporating travel by rail and as such, robbery on rail, literally sounds like dream game material
a totally fair enough mindset, then, user

you spawn 500-2000 NPCs in and around Diamond City, Rivet City or Freeside and see what happens, friend

Pretty much. Asscreed does dense populations without a problem. The only things stopping Bethesda from doing something similar are incompetence and laziness.

Asscreed does dense populations without a problem. The only things stopping Bethesda from doing something similar are incompetence and laziness.

I'm thinking of doing my first hardcore run with some mods , since I've always played normal vanilla.

Is hardcore fun or just annoying? Any non-difficulty mods that go well with it? I was thinking of getting a mobile base maybe.

Hardcore is fun if you've got a penchant for it. Some people just see it as artificial difficulty. Others like the added aspects. We can't tell you what you will enjoy.

It's exactly the same. Only with some extra menu clicking to "eat" and "drink" every few minutes.

I hope people don't go full autismal and berate you for deleting your post

AssCreed AI is massively simplistic compared to that in these games, though, but you're right, were it a focus of Beth's they could achieve it, but I don't think it's incompetence and/or laziness (in this instance), but simply they never set out to accomplish such a goal

My game is pirated, how do I do that

ammo having weight means you're a bit more cautious about hoarding, though

Download the mod manually and drag and drop into your Data folder.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12556/?

Meh. The issue for me is gun weight, even at 11 str with pocketed armor, I'm having to carry around super-heavy "good guns" that are never flush with ammo, and then acceptable "shitty guns" that have more ammo than I know what to do with.

And not being able to fast travel means dumping off my unneeded guns/ammo somewhere can be a genuine hassle if I have to trek back to say, Sanctuary, whenever I want them again.

I agree, that is very likely what happened. But I would consider this intent to be a case of incompetence, because the result fails to properly represent the setting.

That's true. And having to sleep makes you think about time, and forces you to develop some map knowledge to find the next bed/camp fire/save spot to sleep.

>70736205
Allright, thanks

> mods made at the release of the game are still at the top of best mods in nexus
> Elianora and DDprod faggot are populars and liked
> no LORE FRIENDLY dlc sized mods, no lore friendly mods, no "fallout" real mods

I fucking hate this game's modding community.

>pocketed armor
>And not being able to fast travel
>Sanctuary
we were talking about NV, though a lot of what you said is still applicable (and personally, I haven't fast traveled on a run in NV for about 50 or so play throughs, so that holds true, too)

honestly, I've always found the hardcore-type stuff in these games to be more beneficial for my immersion than it necessarily being that I like "hard" game play; I'd totally understand the counterpoint of the extra gamey systems in place could actually ruin immersion, but I'm able to disconnect from the implementation and just roll with it

I like thinking about what I carry; I enjoy planning a route across the map and taking gear tailored for my goal; I like worrying about wasting X or Y etc.

I just enjoy feeling the struggle I'd expect to feel in the scenario of being a player character in Fallout

In NV I used the Bus-Mobilehome mod, nice little resource sink and mini home.

Interior of the bus when upgraded.

Is the fallout 4 mod scene that dead? I kind of guessed that the console babies whining for ports would discourage the players, but I expected that by now something good would've come out.

>And that motor vehicles are relatively commonplace in NCR?
This is bullshit. While there are exponentially less humans on the planet, it's still the same planet that suffered the resource wars. The technology for fusion cars was still young and not widespread enough to become common, nobody except maybe the Enclave would have the ability to recreate that technology and they are gone. Electricity is common enough but not in surplus to support electrified cars, and while biofuel would be possible, as of the 2280s the NCR is on the brink of drought and potential famines, so investing potential food on biofuels is out of the question.

Not saying automobiles of various technology types don't exist, they would not be commonplace in the general populace. The resources to support them would be somewhat rationed and prioritized: Military and Government would have the most use, then Brahmin Barons and Merchant Houses, then wealthy individuals or local gang bosses. The random store clerk, laborer, courier, brahmin-shit shoveller, and farmer wouldn't be rolling around in one but for rare occasions.

>no LORE FRIENDLY dlc sized mods
Those are never good. You can count the number of genuinely good quest mods made for all Bethesda games on both hands.

nope, FO4 had everything that NV, FO3 and Skyrim had from both improvements and Mods

then there's nothing less to do.

though most modders are waiting to Fo4 stop updating so they can work 100% on it

So how does that work? Do you basically go to the bus controls and select an option to move it to some other location, then you fast travel and it deploys itself there? Or does it freely move through the gameworld (which would be cool but I could imagine extremely buggy).

well, the bible literally confirms what I said and until it's proven otherwise I'm inclined to abide. Also, there are people in Fallout 2 making a living from stealing and/or modding and selling cars; people don't typically make such a living if their commodity is simply a fleeting rarity

NV has both versions of vehicles. And the free driving version, XRE Cars nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49042/? , is mostly free of unintentional hilarity and full of driving game quality goodness.

Yeah, sit in driver's seat and you get a list of location's you've been with, consumes fusion cells and the bus is "moved" to a new location.

The actual moving vehicle mods are very buggy.

>we were talking about NV
Oh, my bad, sorry!

> mods made at the release of the game are still at the top of best mods in nexus
It makes sense if you think about it. Everyone was loaded with pre-cum over the game when it came out. After the first few months a big chunk of the playerbase (who endorsed and downloaded those mods) have moved on, and probably won't touch the game ever again.

Even if FO4 lived up to the hype, mods released later won't have the same amount of attention on them compared to the ones that came before, given how mainstream this game is and the habits of gamers who are on the casual side.

Case in point, JSawyer Ultimate is still being updated but Project Nevada is still #6 on the top lists for NV.

>Is the fallout 4 mod scene that dead?
Yep, which is why Falout 4's mod section on nexus has more mod download then New Vegas has had in its 6+ year history,

and why, in only slightly more then a year, Fallout 4 has over 95% the number of mods New Vegas had gotten, despite the fact New Vegas has been out for like 6+ years

Yep, totally dead!

There was a single file of all the VGU dragbody armors floating around but the link is dead, I wanted to know if anyone still had it

How many of the mods are quality and not just outfits?

I thought by now anons would know not to count retextures, settlement mods and waifushit mods.

The Fallout Bible also stated only 1 out of every 200 people in the NCR have vehicles, and it also points out that most of those vehicles are shit like tractors, and not actual cars.

Outfits would be a step up from reality. Most of them are save games, batch files, face presets, and soon settlements.

Everything AFAIK has been taken down except for the separate DLs on the modsforv page on MF

Are there any decent male hair mods for New Vegas? Everything I see is anime shit that looks weird.

About the same as in Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, and Skyrim, less then 1%

>less then 1%
Yeah, okay.

Why even argue about this?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/categories/?
vs
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/categories/?

They use nuclear steam-powered trucks. Like the ones the Master built.

I wish nexus would go back and force a standard category list for every single game.

Define "quality"

Especially when you consider that Fallout 4 took most every major mechanics based mod from Fallout 3 and NV and added it as offical in-game content, thus meaning, people wont make those kinds of mods anymore, since they are already made.

>more than double the NV mods
>most are gameplay additions and buildings
>FO4 mods are mostly crafting, outfits, savegames and modder tools
Thanks for clearing that up lad.

Quality, you know something that actually adds to the game. Not save games and unused modder tools.

>Quality, you know something that actually adds to the game.
Define adds to the game.

Most people get shit like weapon mods, and armor mods, because they feel like it adds to the game, despite most of them being trash,

>In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress (discomfort) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values; when performing an action that contradicts existing beliefs, ideas, or values; or when confronted with new information that contradicts existing beliefs, ideas, and values.
Aww sweetie, any time you get confused just ask, there's no reason to be embarrassed.

Is there still no way to import/export a face from a save to another? I tweaked my mod order too much and I need to restart (hadn't played much anyway) but I'd like to keep the faces.

> sweetie
>>>leddit

>save games and modder tools add to the game
Lad...

>F:NV
>Modders resources and tutorials
>340 files 21 February 2017 last update
>F:4
>Modders Resources and Tutorials
>305 files 09 March 2017 last update
Again with the cognitive dissonance sweetie? You really should try harder and make sure to read all the words?

>Most people get shit like weapon mods, and armor mods, because they feel like it adds to the game
They don't add to the game though. They're either cheats or purely cosmetic.

Not him but
>New Vegas has 340 files under modders tools/resources
>Fallout 4 has 305
>New Vegas objectively suffers from this problem worse then Fallout 4 does

Difference is that NV modder resources actually get used and don't make up a significant bulk of mods.

>They don't add to the game though. They're either cheats or purely cosmetic.
>Implying that cosmetics don't add to the game world.

>and don't make up a significant bulk of mods.
>Fallout NV and 4 have basically the same number of mods
>Both have almost the same number of modders tools
>This somehow means it makes up the "bulk" of mods of Fallout 4, and not for NV.

Math isn't your strong suit is it?

A reskin does not add to the game world. Saying it does is like stating skins contribute to e-sports.

>JSawyer Ultimate
>still being updated
>still
But it's basically new? Besides, I'd rather use JSawyer (regular) alongside Vicious Wastes and Animation Project, both of which are /still/ being updated, tbqh

Do leveled lists still need to be merged in 4 like the do in NV?

only if the mod isn't made by a tard

any of the ones worth a damn use a leveled list script that prevents overwrites

How do I find that out?

>New Vegas = 17,823 mods
>Fallout 4 = 17,461 mods
>Fallout 4 has 97.9% the number of mods as New Vegas has
>Not basically the same

This is a bad troll

>Difference is that NV modder resources actually get used and don't make up a significant bulk of mods.
F4: 305/17,461 = 1.75%
FNV: 340/17,823 = 1.92%

Don't worry snookems, you'll get the hang of those pesky old fractions some day.

>including 1000 save games as mods
>including videos as mods
Bravo

>Arbitrary "if I don't like it it doesn't count" arguments
Yep, we got a shitty reddit tier troll here

>savegames and videos are mods
And I'm the one who is trolling?

>including videos as mods
>Fallout 4 has 4 videos in its video section
>New Vegas has 29

Um, buddy, Fallout NV has more videos than Fallout 4, not your best argument. I mean we can check the numbers right now. What were you thinking?

>Fallout NV
>including 165 save games as mods
>including 29 videos as mods
Congrats.

>What were you thinking?
Are you implying he was at all?

now that Transfer settlements is a fucking success, how long until FOG goes full autistic and recreates huge ass vault in Vault 88?

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=61

Are there any other cool mods for vegas like bounties?

Gay Dad Explosion (requires sexout)

someone has apparently implemented simcity-style functionality into settlements

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872/?

if this shit actually works (even just as a proof of concept), I'll be speechless except that beth should have anticipated that this would be the end result of adding a settlement system in the first place

t. slippy

things went to shit in the steamgroup since T3 abandoned it

made using F4SE

this and >nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22442/?

will be insane combined

>Incompatibilities
>Do NOT try to Transfer your Sim Settlement made city with Transfer Settlements - it will only transfer the plots and some of the objects and will just make a mess.

At some point modders are just making SimTown: apolocalpyse flavor.

For the full Simcity experience, we need a script extender to allow us to make custom items to dictate NPC pathing. In case it isn't obvious, this is a major and consistent problem Beth games have however it is one SC avoids entirely by forcing agents (or NPCs in this case) to use predetermined pathways.

From this, an economics model can be built which can drive industrial and commercial demand. SC's most basic component (at least for new cities) is that it has a positive birth rate, which means that there is always constant expansion. I don't know how this could show up in Fallout without a crash, but SC avoids this problem entirely by using automata (ie, things that appear to be agents but are just moving decorations. Think of the NPCs in GTA) in place of actual agents.

But then we run into another issue: settlement size restrictions. This is a problem SC 2013 itself has, although it can be solved by going vertical. This restricts a player's creative freedom (as they're effectively building arcologies, not towns anymore) but is the best solution I have to this problem.

NOTHING worked on my nosteam release.
Not even loading arbitrarily old saves.
Selecting "mods" menu ingame freezes it completely, manual installs unsuccessful, workarounds and old saves unsuccessful.
I want my radiant quests, and this game can go suck my massive 24cm virgin cock.
Had this been caused by a pirated copy, I'd never complain and just buy the game, but since it only forces me to other POSSIBLE workarounds with that save, I'm having none of it. Todd Howard is a Peter Molyneux-tier scammer and my streak of lucky, clever, virtuous and careful avoidances of bugs in other bethesda games obviously ended here, with even the backup saves rendered helpless by the head nigger stuck dialogue, which locks me out of his repeatable questline AND parts of far harbor.
What a fucking joke. Even Digital Extremes has better QA, and that's saying a lot.

only for now, give it 3 or 6 months

How does Vicious Wastes + Jsawyer rate for a minimalist playthrough?

Looking to get rid of bullet sponges and a bit more of a challenge.

>I want my radiant quests

>using NoSteam

thats why

>torrenting
>in 2016/2017 when all the torrent sites worth a damn are dead