/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Ancient, shrouded thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gkFJNQBgct0
youtube.com/watch?v=lCOpC5g5GwM
youtube.com/watch?v=Kjz9pPbDL84
youtube.com/watch?v=GSwQLuGvQ5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why does gascoigne wear the bandages over his eyes

I've found an AFK host, /bbg/!
What do you think, should I push her over to the brainsucker or leave her be?

barely scrapped by. she did way more damage this time around

Wait seriously?

I WAS getting really confused when I put it on the gun and it's durability stayed the same, I thought it was a visual glitch. Are you sure about this?

The closer one gets to becoming a beast, the more their pupils collapse. Some wear bandages over their eyes to hide how close they are to succumbing.

When someone is affected by the beast scourge their pupillary membrane collapses.

yeah but in that case wouldnt having bandages over them show that they are also close to succumbing

xth for the moonlight

My pleasure. Just remember Accursed Brew makes a better ARC spam.
Yeah, guns never use their durability. They never break, even with DuraDOWN.

Can you actually push people?

What element should i use against the orphan of kos?

I was going With black eye for its range desu. I almost got killed when the penis sprouted out of its neck.

Bolt

yeah fist punches push people a bit also this is your last chance I AM GONNA DO IT

Fire, but the gems need to be better thsn your physical gems, because if theyre not your better of doing physical.

I think he's actually slighter weaker to fire, because he's not kin.

To be fair that guy was clueless
>HP drain gems

So the Choir were beastly idiots all along?
who /mensis/ here?

>bma in pvp

Repost:

Do you like Hidetaka Miyazaki and From software? Their early stuff was a little too generic for me, but when Bloodborne came out in 2015! . . . I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. Miyazaki's undisputed masterpiece is an are called 'Hemwick Charnel Lane,' an are so unessential that most people don't play it. . . But they should, because it's not just about the the spooky witch vibe and the importance of runes, but it is also a small microcosm of the game itself!

Did somebody mention bma repeater last thread?
I want to see your gun play webms bbg.

I'm sure the hunter feels guilty.

You like FromSoftware games?
Their early work was a little too clunky for my taste, but when Demon's Souls came out in '09, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.
The whole game has a well crafted, ingenious level design, and a new dynamic combat system that really gives the encounters a big boost. It's been compared to Dark Souls, but I think Demon's has a far more grim and refined atmosphere.
In '15 From released this; Bloodborne, their most accomplished game. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Ludwig the Accursed", a boss so engaging, most people don't listen to the dialogue. But they should! Because it's not just an extremely relevant and historic character in the lore, it's also a paradigm of the theme of duality between righteous saint and bloodthirsty beast in men! Hey Paul!

Not really.
The choir wore their headcaps to show respect to their main man Willem, who was against Laurence's blood shit.

Fire if you can hit oil urns

That's what they're telling. But we all know they're lying.

Why didn't you listen, /bbg/? Why didn't you gibe me (You)s? Why didn't you save her?
It's all your fault!

Whoops cant get this shit right
Shits funny to me.

TRY GETTING A SUMMONS TO CAINHURST NOW YOU STUPID FUCKING VILEKEK

You're not hiding it from other hunters, you're hiding it from clients who would hire you to take out a beast or two. You can see hunters were hired killers in the Old Hunter's set.

But civilians wear bandages too
I think it's because their eyes simply hurt as they collapse, not for hiding

>the story of a (You)craving man, driven into madness after his hunger for (You)s was not stilled
>killing an innocent hunter who only seeked help in such a cruel world

I sent a guy I rescued to the hospital and now I feel bad

I knew the church was the best option but I just wanted to try it out

which guy?

It was a guy kneeling in front of a corpse, right by a white church lady, on top of a house in the swamp. He had very skinny legs and was barechest.

>sending people to the kindly doctor to get a lollipop is worse than have them sit in a house all day

silly hunter

You absolutely 100% did the right thing, just trust us

Sorry, it wasn't in the swamp, it was in the farms, the area before the witch. It was on top of a mill, I think.

Yeah, you really lucked out.

What? Really? The guy looked so miserable, that's why I sent him to the clinic so he could get better, but by the tone of the clinic lady it sounds like he got open like a can of pickles and the things she gave me are my share of the contents.

When you finish the game, look up NPCs you can save on the wiki. You'll find out what you did. But only after you finish.

What weapon is that on your right hand? I thought only saw spear could do that?

Reiterpallasch
Saw Spear can't shoot, you're thinking about Rifle Spear

I'm curious and kinda want to look up now, but I'll resist it. I don't remember the guy's name anyway.

At least this is a consolation after the crow lady got pissed at me for no reason.

>The guy looked so miserable, that's why I sent him to the clinic so he could get better
cute

>The guy looked so miserable, that's why I sent him to the clinic

That's half the fun of it all, really, finishing the game then looking up the wiki to find all the stuff you missed, then going back in and experiencing brand new stuff. You've got a ton of good stuff ahead of you, relish that feeling, user.

Observe what he's doing more closely the next time you meet him in the Forbidden Woods then send him the other way if you you're more partial to piecing it together yourself. Make it more fun.
Is there anyone you've met who don't like you being on their doorstep? You'll get used to them.

Well I can already guess by what you guys are saying that he was actually Yurt and was going murder everyone. Not that it really matters those people don't even sell shit they are useless. The only useful person there is the nice old lady who gave me sedatives, thanks grandma.

I'm actually having a ton of fun with BB. Probably the most I've ever had with all souls games since demon's. I think I don't actually like the lore of Dark Souls, but the shit happening in BB's universe is really hooking me up.

>The guy looked so miserable

If you had rotated the camera angle a bit, you would have seen that he was eating the corpses, not just hunched over them.

t. didn't need to guidefag to know he was bad news

Anyone wanna do ihyll layer 3 with me? Pass is bbg

>I'm actually having a ton of fun with BB. Probably the most I've ever had with all souls games since demon's. I think I don't actually like the lore of Dark Souls, but the shit happening in BB's universe is really hooking me up.

If you've been unspoiled thus far, I'd actually recommend not lurking the general, or refrain from visiting as much as you can, except to summon for help or something, spoilers for this game are pretty huge (unless you've been spoiled already, of course). Playing through this game blind is one of the best experiences.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, though!

Sure, I'm on my way.

Spoilers I know are

Aliens are the villains (ayy team memes and such)
Final boss is Gherman (everyone was talking how good his music is)
Ludwig has the Moonlight GS (popular)
Maria is the doll, but I know nothing of her in particular (fanart)
The final boss of the DLC is on a beach and can one shot you with full life even if you have a giant health (a specific webm)
One boss that thinking now looks a lot like amygdala but is in a dark place jumps around and is very annoying to kill (webm).
There's a wheel with a satisfying moveset to get (countless webm)

How much spoilered am I

Not very? But yeah, you should probably skidoo outta here man.

So how has the "Return to Yharman" has been treating you guys?
youtube.com/watch?v=gkFJNQBgct0
youtube.com/watch?v=lCOpC5g5GwM
youtube.com/watch?v=Kjz9pPbDL84 (Watch this one in particular)
youtube.com/watch?v=GSwQLuGvQ5M

There is also another one where one of those fat fucks with the statues does a feint but my internet is ass ATM.

All false except for the one about Ludwig, the one about Amygdala and the wheel.

I've been killed a lot in invasions because Reiterpallasch does no damage at +7 and other players have endgame equipment at bl.40.
Co-op has been very frequent and a lot of fun, but hosts die to Rom a bit too much.

I've been doing a sinister playthrough to celebrate.
It's been great.

>Aliens are the villains

Well, this is kinda the biggest spoiler, to be honest, but I suppose it's hard not being spoiled on that nearly two years after release.

Good to see there's still stuff you don't know, so I would recommend trying to avoid the general til you've finished your first playthrough, then come back and we'll spill the beans on everything.

But they're not villains, and not exactly aliens

Why would anyone used the Reiterpallasch?
Am I just bad?
I've been helping out at Ludwig.

Okay, I'm out.

I'm probably come back to ask help if I ever have to fight hotdog again, specially if it's a much stronger version of him.

>Why would anyone used the Reiterpallasch?
I like the movesets and design.

for ants

Is 280 damage with amygdala against vica ng+ normal or should I switch weapons? 34/38 stats.

I've never been fond of rapiers and in a game like Bloodborne I don't think it'll be that good

Depends on your gems.

Farewell, my good hunter.
Fear the old blood.

It is good, but like most fast skill weapons in this game it only truly shines when it's fully upgraded & gemmed up. Basically a weapon for the late game.

Maybe not villains, but they're technically behind everything, and not all of them are wholly neutral. And they are aliens, functionally, for this fantasy setting, they are alien creature above and apart from the human beings, alien in nature that their existence is simply incompatible with human existence. They play the same role as the various extraterrestrial menaces in the Lovecraft stories which have so deeply influenced this game.

Thanks man, that was pretty fun boss fight.

>running away to mobs
>healing
Expected no better from vilebloods

Ah, I see. I never did try to used it gemmed or nothing.

Good hunting, user.

Please tell me you can order the new figmas to Europa and it comes to AmiAmi

I desperately need the new figmas

I just use the gems wich boost physical. No chalice gems.

No problem. Well done!

>invisible host and a summon
still, it was a long time ago and those are all the gun spamming plays I've got because >>>>gun plays

Figmas are common as fuck at launch, it will definitely be available on AmiAmi, Amazon and most online video game retailers
There's only one Bloodborne figma confirmed at the moment (the hunter), the prototype isn't finished yet
The other two figures are 60cm tall statues, expensive as fuck
There's also an upcoming Dark Souls Black Knight figma if you're interested

I sent the little girl to the clinic just to get my +1 Formless Oedon my garbage arc fucker.

I feel like shit.

How do you summon people for root chalices? Also how do you get sumonned to root chalices? Is it the same as the regular story chalices?

>How do you summon people for root chalices?
Just ring your beckoning bell, they'll come via Short Ritual Root Chalice
>Also how do you get sumonned to root chalices?
Either SRRC or via glyph sharing + password

Whats SRRC?

Short Ritual Root Chalice
Basically a special chalice that lets you join players in any dungeon from the Hunter's Dream
You can't join a dungeon with curses if you never made it though
You can join any Root dungeon only if you made a foetid/rotted/cursed before

Ok thanks man, gonna make one right now. What is the best dungeon to farm some good nourishing radials? Im going to make a FRC out of that dungeon.

But that's the good ending user

Gargoyles in 8q6pkpqx

Ok thanks brah

Just saying you guys have been the best and have made the game leagues funner for me with your shenanigans and help both in-game and in the thread.

Not when I hack her to death for that rune

You're welcome
Nice aim

Not mine, found it on /gif/. I wish I were that good.

At least she will bear witness to the full glory of the cosmos before she passes

Wjat chalice is that?

Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice
You can also farm Rom for slightly stronger gems, but it's infinitely more tedious to do
Gargoyles are pretty easy to farm

Thanks.

>It's been great
It's just begun

I'm up to Father Gascoigne, haven't had much trouble thus far. It's been a while since I last played, but I'm glad I was able to remember so much.

Goatse

FC when? Where?