Why FWD?

Why FWD?

Because honda

cause its honda, unless they make it ridiculously expensive they make it fwd cause fuck people who like cars

It's damn good for FWD, let's be honestl

D E L S O L
E
L

S
O
L

Because FWD is superior chassis layout for a performance vehicle.

t. Lotus Elan marketing team

The answer is always:

Because it's cheaper
Because more cabin space

seriously, what the fuck were they thinking

>damn, somebody is making a car that's directly referencing our older model, what should we do?
>that shit is not going to sell lol, let's make fwd mobile

It's still a nice comfy car and it looks great while also being economical and reliable. It's a fantastic DD for those who want something a little bigger than a civic.

but the Accord coupe already existed

It did, but the Accord coupe wasn't comparable until the 2000's when the prelude was canned.

Prelude (si) had better engines options, 4ws, atts, better weight distribution, better interior, etc.

>Why FWD?

///
>Why FWD?

Why, Mitsu?

>Why FWD?

...and while we're on the subject.

My 65-y.o. mother drives one of these. Yeah, 9 gears and a turbo is cool and all but...

>Why FWD?

>Why FWD?

The better question: what is the point of torque in FWD cars when you can't put it down?

120ft/lbs

Holy FUCK --- 290 ft-lbs at 3k RPM is verrryy niiiccee (unless it's pigfat w/ only 4 gears).

>tripfag being a complete mongoloid sperg

nothing new here

Yes, posting cars that shouldn't be FWD in a thread about why cars are FWD is totally autismal.

You really burned me with that hot post, bro.

Nope, Fiesta ST is 6 gears.

im a car idiot

why does the car apparently get weaker with higher RPMs

>tripshit mongoloid pretends to have any idea what he's talking about while spouting memes

neck yourself retard

THIS

If they had ever made a RWD Integra, it would have sold like hotcakes.

He's right tho. It's a thread about cars that were made FWD when they really shouldn't have been. You're just going full V10 DOHC Twin Turbo Autismo because he's tripping unnecessarily.

> pretends to have any idea what he's talking about while spouting memes

Um... This hasn't been a very difficult discussion. It's pretty easy to know what cars are FWD / AWD / 4WD / RWD, and I was just going with the topic of the thread by pointing out some examples that would've been great if not for their drivetrain configurations.

But please, enlighten me as to what I'm wrong about (like, omg, is the MX-3 actually RWD!!!1!). I won't even call you names or tell you to off yourself.

I was surprised when I found out this was FWD

It works great the way it is though, especially the Type SH. It was the best handling car under $30k back in 1997 when it was released. The handling is very point-and-shoot, and the longer wheelbase means it's very composed when cornering. It has a great engine too, the H22A4 has the older VTEC that really "cracks" when the crossover happens. It's a fun car that also has plenty of practicality as a daily driver.

horsepower is a function of torque and engine rpm

Because I won't lose control when someone taps the back of my car midway through a corner.