Germany loves Dodge Rams, why?

>Andreas Preuninger, head of GT cars at Porsche, revealed that he drives a RAM 1500 when chatting with Road & Track. Yes. You read that right. The guy responsible for the 997 GT3 RS 4.0, Cayman GT4, and 911 R owns a Hemi.
>"It's got a single cab, Hemi V8, long bed, Magnaflow exhaust, and 22-inch wheels," Preuninger says excitedly. "I love it."

Why does Germany specifically have a love for trucks when the rest of Europe hates it? And why does the head engineer of Porsche have a Ram? What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it's stupid and fun. Not all Yuropoors are stuck up snobs.

Even better, Nips like drifting Dodge Vans.

Because Dodge is the epitome of "Not because I should, but because I can".

If Yuro countries removed all the taxes and fees required to own big pickup trucks and didn't tax the fuck out of fuel, pickup truck ownership would be similar the the US. For now though, the average brainwashed peasant will just tow the line of "oi blimey, why wold anyone NEED suck a thing".

Because yuros are butthurt that they can't buy them lol

>its another ameridumb thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggare

what makes you think the rest hate them

they are seen as American excess and status symbols so of course those who can afford them will buy them

>Not all Yuropoors are stuck up snobs.

this is Germany were talking about
the most stereotypical stuck up country

but I guess multiculturalism "loosened" them up

There is a difference between being serious in the autistic German manner and being stuck up. Being from a nearby country I can assure you that the genocide (see UN definition) of the German people has not been beneficial in any way. Europeans like American trucks and cars, you'll get more attention in a C3 Corvette or a RAM than in a modern super car.
Most normies wouldn't want to waste their money on fun things like that, but they are hugely popular. I think they'd rather 'save the world' by paying taxes than have fun with a car.
Fucking cucks

Captcha all busses, suitable for Veeky Forums

'Cuz sometimes forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

for me they're still too big and unwieldy around town. i have plenty of shit i don't NEED but a pickup wouldn't be one of them

We're by far and large not the only ones who like trucks. Scandinavia is full of them because they actually have enough space for them.

I'm German and I've thought about the Dodge Ram's popularity here on occasion, and my conclusion is that it must be exposure to American troops driving around in Dodge army trucks for decades, and possibly owning surplus American army Dodges. This presence led to a better inofficial parts network, which made more people decide on a Dodge truck, and from there the popularity basically fueled itself. In the ads the Dodge Rams outnumber the Ford and Chevy trucks combined by a ratio of 2:1.

We really don't need these things though. First of all we have our own utility vehicles that are far better suited to our own requirements. Secondly we have a far larger share of paved roads. And finally our regulatory setting is far more accommodating of trailers which for occasional hauling make far more sense than to drive around in an oversized, thirsty barge the entire fucking time. Whenever someone buys an American truck here it's purely a lifestyle statement in 99% of cases.

Literally who gives a fuck. Are Americans so pathetic they think some foreigner being an insecure shrimp dick means their shitboxes aren't shitboxes?

there are Americans on this site who are so surprised to see American cars in countries others than their own that they think its something amazing

that should tell you that we generally dont think too highly of our own cars

That's understandable. It's still bullshit that the people who could benefit from such a vehicle, can get one for a reasonable price.

Because Germans don't use their cars for long, so they buy Dodge, keep it for a while and then replace it with a new one. they know that Rams and Dodges are actually very unreliable but they don't give a single fuck because they're not gonna keep them for a long time. And MOPAR because it's fast or whatever.

Fuck, that should be their slogan. Goddamn.

can't*

Sunday is wine day

No big loss. We have our own truck market to pick from, except that they're a bit smaller (midsize by American standards, I think the Nissan is actually available in the US) and more reasonably powered. Because why fit your truck with a 5L petrol V8 when you can get the same torque at better economy and with cheaper fuel out of a 3L turbodiesel?

And if you really want an American truck you can still buy one, as is visible from the OP pic. Imports aren't illegal here.

>why fit your truck with a 5L petrol V8 when you can get the same torque at better economy and with cheaper fuel out of a 3L turbodiesel?

It doesn't work like that... Because we use out trucks for work and towing contrary to Veeky Forums's beliefs. Using a small engine to do big engine things is a bad idea. There's a reason why semi tractors and industrial equipment use such huge engines and aren't constantly downsizing engines.

Some of them like the Amarok are actually quite nice on the inside, I guess you could call it our version of a luxury truck, except that we don't like woodgrain and chrome quite as much as the Americans.

There's a reason why semi tractors and industrial equipment use diesel engines and not petrol dogshit.

That interior looks fucking horrific for a "luxury" "truck"

We use gas engines in most trucks because they're easier to live with on a daily basis. We have lots of diesel pickups too. A 3l diesel sure as fuck isn't getting 15k lbs over a mountain range or up a logging road.

Because it's not cowboy boot brown leather and not full of woodgrain? Or what is your actual problem with it?

The way drivers licenses are set up in Europe makes pickup trucks that tow more than 3.5 tonnes commercially useless because these trailer weights slip out of the common license brackets and you'd basically need a semi truck license for them. All the mid size trucks are rated to tow 3.5 tonnes and their diesels are easily sufficient for it.

Because it looks like a fleet spec superduty work truck. All that cheap and textured plastic. Looks like a low end GM.

So you guys are little pussies that aren't allowed to own toys that's why you don't need big trucks? That doesn't mean it's the same in freedomland. Stop assuming we don't """need""""" big trucks.

>one magazine does an article about basicfags racing Ramvans

>Veeky Forums thinks it's a wildly loved Japanese motorsport.

Also mind you that luxury trucks have a very limited market here because not every office poser wants to drive a giant pickup truck on a daily basis, unlike the US where the sheer size doesn't pose a problem. Our luxury SUV game is on point though.

>Chrome roundel
>Chrome trim around vents
>chrome trim around gauges
>chrome door handles
>we don't love chrome

ehh

Those door handles aren't chrome, they're brushed metal.

>Because it looks like a fleet spec superduty work truck. All that cheap and textured plastic. Looks like a low end GM.
Your luxury Superdutys aren't any better.

Also stop fucking putting words in my mouth, you daft cuntbag. I never said that Americans didn't need big trucks, I only said that we don't need trucks as big as yours.

That Mitsubishi looks depressed as fuck

>dat hard plastic on the glovebox

how can a thread with the goal post being an unargumented generalization so dense and stupid get so many replies?

it is beyond me.

>Your luxury Superdutys aren't any better.
Looks better than your playskool bullshit.

It's a weird design for sure. I don't know why they shoved the bed shell so far under the cab. Normally it's a simple vertical cutoff. The photo is a few years old and the current model (which is also sold as a Fiat because Dodge can't deliver a midsize) isn't quite as bad.

>tfw even your german slingshot husbando has/had a ram trucc

It looks like complete fucking shit. It looks like some tasteless cunt went to town with woodgrain sticker foil and cowboy boot seat covers on a fleet speec.

That truck in the back That's a Ranger right?

You say our short beds are big and useless yet you drive those useless pieces of shit... At least those big useless trucks can be used for towing and light off-roading.

Coworker has a quad cab Ram SRT10 chipped to 580 hp on high octance fuel and optionally running from an LPG tank in the bed. Ridiculous sight, I should get a snapshot of it sometime.

Why the fuck are you guys still running on propane? We grew out of that shit in the 80's. That's nothing compared to the diesel brotrucks here with that much HP and 3x the torque.

>You say our short beds are big and useless
When did I say that? Or are you imagining things again so you can trash talk better?

Yes. God knows what year that is, I'm not an expert on Rangers. I'm sure there's a new Hilux generation by now as well. This here is a slightly newer Ranger. I think they still have the same body but have gotten the Aston fishmouth treatment by now.

Dude youre full of bullshit

Because petrol is $4.42/gal before taxes as Americans would post it (converted it just for your convenience you imperial imbecile) and LPG is $2.04/gal.

>At least those big useless trucks can be used for towing and light off-roading.
Basically what you just said is that a Hilux can't offroad. Do people like you get a special needs badge in the US so they're more easily identified?

Propane might be cheaper but it has dick all for energy and turns the vehicle into a gutless heap of shit. Why the fuck are you driving a SRT10 when you can afford the gas?

That Fiat "truck" you posted is literal a lifted car. You aren't going many off road places with that. If it even makes it to the trailhead....

Germany has half-tons? Heh.. Thought it was France that had them.

Germans are cucks and truckcucks are cucks

Can you maybe stop talking out of your ass, you cunt? A well tuned LPG setup has a 5% power loss, maybe 10%, at 60% lower fuel prices. Why the fuck would you pay that much more for fuel to have 10% more power in traffic?

Also the Fiat is a rebadged Mitsubishi Triton which is known all over the world under different names as a very dependable work truck.

>For most export markets the name L200 is used ,also known as gods wheelbarrow,[1][2][3]

Are sou ret? A triton not going anywhere?

insecurity must be a bitch, eh

>boohoo you need a big truck as soon as you haul more than a bunch of groceries

Propane is shit. People in the developed world use natural gas which is still shit compared to gasoline. Propane powered trucks and buses can't even do highway speeds because they're gutless and useless. Their only redeeming factor is inner city shit until you get rear ended and die a fiery death. And you can't park in most parking garages............

People here don't even run their BBQ's on propane anymore. Most houses have natural gas outlets on the patio.

You do when you have hills and mountains to go up.

Germany 2 years from now

We can import anything we want in yurop, like you can...Oh wait.

Stay mad cunt

Well the puzzle pieces are just falling into place

just curious, no need to start a pissing match yuropoor

It's not a lifted car, it's a body on frame mid size pickup with a diesel engine, manual transmission and optional 4x4. Do you even know what a car is?

muh TUV though

funny thing is all these aftermarket bits i've got on my car are TUV approved because of you guys

At least they making sure that the parts you put on your car will not randomly fly off and kill you. Vehicle inspection is annoying but at least I'm sure there won't be a retard driving a deathtrap coming my way.

thats just rude

Don't listen to that dumb faggot. You made your point. I have 65 acres of mountainside property, but not everyone does. I haul a 13,000lb backhoe every other week, but most people don't; with their 2500/3500 truck. Everything is relative.

Holy fuck this.

We can barely even eat our own dogfood so we're shocked with others do.

Seriously, American car design was utter dogshit for the longest time. Unbelievable how bad things got in the 90s when Japan was turning out incredible technical masterpieces.

>Because why fit your truck with a 5L petrol V8 when you can get the same torque at better economy and with cheaper fuel out of a 3L turbodiesel?
This is the only thing I don't like about our trucks here in the U. S GM doesn't plan to offer a small diesel, fords isn't out yet, and no one buys dodges 3l diesel, because from what I've heard it's shit. Diesel is better than gasoline for trucks.

One other thing to consider though is that it can be difficult to find diesel in the U. S I don't know where I'd buy diesel anywhere around me

Do normal gas stations not sell it?

Less than half do. Most stations near freeways do, but it varies a lot. Depends on where you are in the country too. In wealthy suburb areas it's more difficult to find than out in the country where everyone owns a truck, or in the the city where delivery vehicles are everywhere.

Because that engine with Magnaflows sounds awesome. Comfy seats too, and Ram trucks tend to have a decent amount of steering feedback. My 01 may understeer, but I know exactly when it isn't going to turn anymore.