Veeky Forums whats your craziest car plan?

Veeky Forums whats your craziest car plan?

I unironically plan to import a twingo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4QGfW5PwC_87t=1m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buying the new RX-7 if Mazda reveals it. It'll probably be very expensive to own for someone making 60k/yr and be impractical enough that I require a roof rack, but I'll manage.

fuck you i'll bite
why

I've posted this before, but

>take B5.5 Passat V6 4Motion
>take rear-ended/otherwise damaged B5 S4/RS4 or C5 A6 2.7T
>remove drivetrain from Audi
>build up engine for 500hp or so
>put Audi drivetrain into Passat shell
>add base model bumpers
>add 1.6 badging
>go out and bully cunts on the Autobahn with a pleb VW wagon

I want a miata with an LS1 swap.

Got a new job with a huge raise (over six figures) and I have virtually no debt so I'm gonna buy a GTR.

Gonna wait to see if the 2018 is worth waiting for before I get a 2017

>over six figures
kek. sounds legit

Don't think it's financially responsible to be getting a $110k car on a $105k salary, m8

Or you know buy a W8.

Sorry I meant I just finished my degree in Math and I can get 300k starting.

In all honestly I'm a Network Engineer with 12 years of exp in the midwest so cost of living isn't too high.

You're not wrong, but I'm pretty frugal overall. On my lower salary now I'm able to save $2,500 a month and. I have to move to KC so I'm going to live with some friends and rent my house so I'm going to be saving a lot every month so why not.
>you should just pay your house off!
I will, but right now the mortgage interest tax credit goes a long way and will do even more in my new tax bracket. Because of that tax credit my mortgage really isn't much at all.

Much less aftermarket support on those.

>be in Canada
>can import a twingo
>nobody does because why would you?

I have seen some 2CV's though.

>realistic
FFR 818 with an FA20
>unrealistic
LS3 swap 65 mustang with General Lee paint for maximum boomer rage

300k/yr is good enough for a GT-R I guess.

Just remember that if you can't afford 2 supercars, you can't afford 1.

Import a Lada Niva.

The Twingo is just an Veeky Forums meme, noone cares about it. I see at least a dozen everyday and I could buy one in good condition for 1k€ if I wanted. They are just old shitboxes.

I mean is there ever really a sensible amount for such a stupid purchase? I don't think you can ever really justify it.

I'll be saving around $4,500/month once I'm settled in. If I put 30k down on I'm looking at something around 1k/month payments. I don't think saving $3,500/month with a GTR is that bad at all.

>GTR
>Supercar

Pick one. It's a fun car for people who can't afford nice porches and I'm okay with that.

I want to turn my rusty shitbox into a functional car that will pass inspection and has nothing wrong with it.

tilting wheel frame.

a cute

I want to drop an SRT-4 engine into my '86 Chevy Celebrity Euroshit and then possibly beef up it's soft as fuck suspension. It's so bad that a 35-pack of water on the trunk lowers it two inches, let alone a full shopping trip. It legit looks like you're hauling bodies. Atleast the trunk is massive.

Forgot to add how slow it is. 90 horsepower from it's 2.5l Tech IV engine. Car and Driver back in the day even called it the low-Tech IV.

build a sleeper camry. i wanna embarrass bros and boomers in their muscle cars.

We know. But we can't get them in the US and they've become god-tier meme cars and they're dirt cheap so why not? Importing a Twingo isn't going to cost much more than any other shitbox so might as well spend NEETbux on a Twingo.

The twingo was a meme long before Veeky Forums. When I went on school trips to France like 15 years ago my friends would shout out TWINGO whenever they saw one

get a license

I really want to build an evo 9 automatic from the ground up, then rice the shit out of it. Then pending if i could find one, slap a badass gundam vinyl on it

500whp Turbo Geo sleeper

I want to build one of these

Dump a TRD tundra engine and RWD drivetrain into a Camry. Maybe an Avalon if it doesn't fit.

Why an automatic?

I live in downtown cincinnati and theres steep windy hills everywhere. Automatic is just much simpler.

I have always dreamed of being competent enough to understand basic metalworking and engineering so I could reinforce my vehicles with steel to increase safety. Like it or not, safety is arguably compromised to cut costs and reduce vehicle weight. I would love to line my door panels with ultra-thick steel crossmembers. I would love to replace the windows with ultra-resilient bulletproof glass - not because I expect bullets - but just so it can keep out any huge debris like a rock, brick, etc...

I would design the inside of the engine bay to resemble a plow. If some idiot hits me head on, the force will be dissipated by shearing the oncoming car in half with my plow.

Basically, if some idiot texting on her phone hits me, I want to be safe.

Alternatively, I could just buy pic related instead.

charlie is building one
youtube.com/watch?v=4QGfW5PwC_87t=1m8s

Just put a rollcage and replace the glass with plexi/fiber and fab up a basher bar front end like drifters use

You do understand how crumple zones work dont you? It would be simple to make a brick that drives, but it might not be as safe as you think

If you want, you could invest 4500$ a month into the ETFS DIA or DTD on the new york stock exchnge. and as a result you would get 7.50$/month in dividends every month for the rest of your life.

The main problem with the GTR and a bunch of upper level sports cars is they dont offer them with manual shifters anymore. I'm not racing anybody on the street, it doesnt need to be 5 seconds faster around the nurburgring, it needs to be maximum fun for the dollars on the street where it is actually driven by 99% of buyers. Even me as a maximum ricer fan boy can say I'd rather have a Ford Shelby GT350 over the R35 GTR, because its more fun to fuck around with actually driving around.

>have dual citizenship with Japan and US
>own land in both countries
The plan is to build garages on both lots (and I guess a place to sleep as well) and start filling them with cars when I retire in 10 years.

You realize the Math degree $300k salary thing is a meme now? He's making low $100k salary.

I'll put the brick behind the crumple zone. Problem solved

Dude are you me? I'd love to fix up my XV10 camry which is in poor physical condition, replace the autotragic with a manual, and then find a V6 camry engine and twincharge that bitch. It already has Initial D and WAT stickers on it, that alone gives it at least 20 more horses.

Or alternatively, find a manual V6 version of this and work from there.

I can see that. The GT350R would be fun to drive.

I'm mostly only driven manuals my entire life so I don't mind going with this auto tragic.

>The main problem with the GTR and a bunch of upper level sports cars is they dont offer them with manual shifters anymore.

You can thank Americans for that. And for instilling this SUV/landbarge fetish for everyone, and them requiring all cars to have extremely heavy safety features because everyone drives a landbarge hip hop symbol, and then these bricks on wheels being so top heavy that they flip over if they turn, slowly shrinking windows and increasing reliance on cameras...

>You can thank Americans for that.
What? Is this what the average yuropoor actually thinks?

Yeah I'm sure that's the same reason they took manual gearboxes out of F1, oh no wait, it's because they're faster.

Look I'm a manual fanboi and have only driven manuals, but DCT's shift faster and that's why they're used.

Find an R33 GTR in Japan and pay out the asshole for Omori Factory to refurbish it.

Buy a shitty Integra and then convert it into RWD by mounting the engine in the back somehow.

When I have the chance, I'm want to;
>buy an E46 M3
>V8 engine swap, same as the GTR, and some upgrades here and there
>GTR Body Kit, and other body mods
>Paint like the one in picture

>Not AWD

ECOBOOST swap into Ford Ranger.

Waiting for funds, but from my research, it sounds like it will be more of putting a Ranger body on a F150.

Oh, I have a few.

>Restomodding an E34 and an E36 at the same time despite having already rendered them both undrivable
>Daily driving a C4 Corvette (buying a C4 Corvette)
>Go racing in an old Lexus
>Financing a 10 year old 328i
>Working on cars with my friends
>Being proud of myself

Why not just turbo a 2.3 Lima?

Pretty unrealistic but buy a MAN KAT 8x8, big fucking camper conversion, restore/rebuild motor/drive train etc. Then drive/ live where ever I want b/c fucking 8 wheel drive.

I'm seriously considering importing my father-in-law's 21011. It doesn't get used at all and it's in excellent shape. My wife would kill me though because she grew up hating that car. Her dad spent all his time in the garage working on it instead of spending time at home with the family. Bad mojo.

From time to time, i feel like buying one of those small PSA shitboxes (106, 205, Saxo) and then spending even more money on tuning it. Nothing visual, more of a sleeper. I've seen a guy who pulled out >130hp from tu3 1.4 engine (which sits in all of those cars) without turbo.

I know it's waste of money, but god those cars are cute. And it's actually very realistic project, both cars and tuning parts shouldn't be that expensive (me fucking things up while making modifications would be expensive, but i guess that's the beauty of learning how to do things right).

What's the plan? How much will you need to invest? I too am interested

Save up for a brand new car

Because I don't live in Europe. No replacement for displacement.

I want to do this one day
How much do you have in your savings?

Turn a porsche boxster into a 2wd open rally car. Figure the layout is perfect for performance and balance, just need to alter the suspension to make it durable enough to take the pounding that a few dirt roads will take it through. Maybe do the same with a miata.

>drop a Porsche flat-6 in a gt86
>drop an inline-6 in a 350z
>dd an FD

Turn a Commodore into a convertible and try to use it in street drags

>MR 6bt Gummins swap into Prius
>finagle some solid axle fuckery underneath it
>smokestack(s) out the roof
Alternatively, if shekels permit:
>Buy C7 corbette
>Import 20B Eunos Cosmo
>flip flop engines
>die in a mysterious house fire after angering purists and boomers

>GTR
>Can't afford a 911
In what country is this the case? A base gtr is 171k in Netherlandistan. A base 911 carrera is 116k.
>Base mustang gt is 120k
>Mustang GT is more expensive than 911
Thanks EUSSR

I want to make the E89 Z4M that BMW never made, by swapping in an S65 (M3 V8 and was used in the Z4 GT3 cars) and replacing the folding hardtop with a permanent fixed one.

I dig it.

All I can say is that I seriously encourage you to drive one and think hard before you buy it. It's really only fun on the track IMO. Personally I'd rather spend half the money and get a really clean 997 C2S or maybe something like a Boss/Shelby Mustang, any of which are much better drivers' cars.

it's more like dream than a plan, but I want to make a replica of Pontiac Fiero based on any mid-engined Ferrari

>Yeah I'm sure that's the same reason they took manual gearboxes out of F1, oh no wait, it's because they're faster.
This.

I love manuals, but high end auto transmissions are just faster. The american market has nothing to do with it.

Sequential transmissions are faster and lighter

>Noise, comfort, vibration, durability
Gee I wonder why no one uses them.

xy falcon with the intent of autocross.

buy a W8 and 2.7TT swap it

Because they are cucks?

Mazdaspeed 3 that runs 8sec 1/4

Why did you post an XW then?

That's awesome dude, jealous burger here

I am currently in the building a rear-engined V8, 4wd, off road race car. Based on my first car, a '73 beetle.

Don't let your dreams be dreams user!

sick

Yea i know, Couldn't find pics of xy's on my pc, they are identical except for grille and tail lights.

>new RX-7
I think you mean RX-9 F

Same here in the netherlands but the one who spotted it first got to punch the other guys' arms.

I unironically plan to rotary swap an imported twingo

A mate of mine had a 106 GTi, that thing was absolutely hilarious.

Because you can just get a geo metro, save yourself time and trouble and probably spend less money. When you're poor and you barely have money for gas/tickets to get to the next town over to check out a shitbox to buy, the last thing on your mind is importing a car from overseas. And these are the only people who want to buy a Twingo.

>All I can say is that I seriously encourage you to drive one and think hard before you buy it. It's really only fun on the track IMO. Personally I'd rather spend half the money and get a really clean 997 C2S or maybe something like a Boss/Shelby Mustang, any of which are much better drivers' cars.

Have you driven the 2017? They've really softened it up. I won't be dailying it either.

I mean I could get a low tier Porsche
Mustang GT is 40k here (premium model) while GTR is 110k....

>i'm gonna meme a meme
Get off this site, you've been compromised, go outside and hang out with some friends, stop being influenced so heavily by a fucking board on Veeky Forums.

Build a hydrogen generator for my garage and carry out a fuel cell conversion on a car.

Right up to the moment when the whole thing blows up and kills me.

>tfw you will never live on the back of an 8x8 that carries its own runabout car and motorcycle around

>endruo bikes

I want the yuropoors to stop shitting up the DBT.

And I want the sport bike cunts to stop shitting it up, but neither will happen.

>buy Tesla
>swap its engine with Toyota Mirai fuel cell
>enjoy having first truly eco-frendly Tesla car ever made

Take an AMC 4.0L I6 north of 400bhp and drop it in an IS300 shell.

I hate all of /dbt/ and I don't even go there nor do I even ride a bike. They're all just speedqueens who know nothing but "muh leeterbyke." There's more to life than going fast but they seem to willfully reject this notion.

you seen "death trap"

Godspeed.
A true sleeper car is my dream too.

>>>>>financing

The 2017 GT-R, you mean? No, I haven't, I'm not sure exactly what years I've driven but the last time I was in one was in 2015.

I can't speak for every driver, but to me a lot of what makes a car fun is the challenge of driving it well. I like having room to improve, and I like feeling like a badass when I nail the technique. I want those Jeremy Clarkson-style "I AM A DRIVING GOD!" moments.

You just don't get those in the GT-R unless you're in maximum attack mode, though, and nobody sane is gonna go that hard on the road in a car that fast. The GT-R is so damn capable, so fast and so grippy that it makes a fast canyon run feel like a drive to the supermarket. It makes you feel like a bitch for not pushing it harder.