Steering Wheels

Are wooden steering wheels nice to use or will it be uncomfortable/tacky?

Wondering about this, they look so nice but it's a concern
Thinking about getting this or just going for an OMP wheel if it's not gonna be nice to use

bls

Splinters.

implying

Go to O'Reillys and handle of of the wooden Grant wheels and see if you like it.
It's a fucking steering wheel, it's not like it needs to be super plush and form-fitting to make it useable. You should be more concerned with safety and whether or not the wood accents the rest of your interior.

I don't have an airbag and it completely fits the interior of the car
Problem is that I live in the middle of assfuck nowhere and can't go try one out

>Are wooden steering wheels nice to use
You don't worry about splinters? Well, at least you don't have a potted cactus on your passenger side dashboard.

If your car is pre-1980 then yes they're very nice. Fags saying 'lol splinters' have never owned one

but yeah it needs to match your trim, dont be one of those fags with a 2000+ grey shitbox with a timber wheel.

>splinters
have you retards ever heard of varnish? jesus how can you even be this dumb

I swear half this board hasn't touched their car's engine much less done wood work

notice that unlike leather ones, most wooden driving wheels have unguarded spokes - that's because you're supposed to use them with driving gloves

however, they are still quite alright if you aren't keen on wearing fedoras of the driving world

I have verified documentation to prove that every single unique poster on Veeky Forums currently works in F1 engineering and is the unsung hero of their team.

they must have finger notches
elce its just a meme

best wheel

Might as well just post an F1 wheel at that point.

Pic related is the best I've ever felt in a real road car.

Dude grant steering wheels feel like a child's toy compared to a real wood steering wheel. Those grant shits are plastic.

following this thread

>It's a fucking steering wheel, it's not like it needs to be super plush and form-fitting to make it useable.

lol just lol. just pathetic lad

JUST

>splinters

the amount of faggots on here is ridiculous.

This so much. Even though I'm tempted to do this, my interior is just boring grey. There's a wood trim set I can buy somewhere on Ebay but it's +100 dorrars and that's like spending more than 20 bucks on seat covers...

please recommend a good wood grain accented steering wheel for my 84 buick

nardi

300 fucking dollars?

Why don't I just get the 40 grant that looks the same?

because its not the same.

see here
seriously if you put a Grant and a Nardi steering wheel side by side you'll realize why there is a price difference.

Then again you might be one of those people that would rather by fake/replica parts for your car and not care at all.

It's not the wood that bothers me. It's the metal spokes with squared-off corners. Nope. Just nope.

Looks minty. Don't fuck it up. Wash it also.