/srg/ - Speedrunning General

News/Events:

Cosmo is being sponsored by Twitch as he plays Breath of The Wild, so don't be surprised if he shows up.

Is using amiibo in BoTW cheating? Discuss.

Useful speedrunning links:
speedrun.com/ - Has most, if not all records of runners doing certain games. Many runs have a recording so you can learn what the runners have done.

tasvideos.org/ - Tool-assisted speedruns. Shows how a game can be run in optimal conditions. As expected, they're quite fast paced and pull off many frame perfect actions. They're also useful for an RTA, as these videos are useful for learning routes and certain techniques.

Dead speedrun resource websites:
forum.speeddemosarchive.com/ - previous site for GDQ discussion but GDQs are done interacting with the community now.

speedrunslive.com/ - Previous site to find speedrun streams and to race. Twitch's implementation of "communities" made this site irrelevant now.

Previous thread:

Can't wait for those spicy Sonic Mania speedruns, bois.

samefag

>3 unique IPs

Reminder

context?

BIGNIG alert

streamme consecutive minutes viewed contest.

getting banned from twitch has been amazing for cyber

checked

>the only actual woman in speedrunning is attentionwhoring on commentary AGAIN
ugh

Million subscriber youtuber blown the fuck out by autist who streamed for 34 hours straight.

>cosmo
>he
le

Absolutely disgusting

Nice bruh

why not ME

>ear gauges
>giant arm tattoo
>problem glasses
>thick eyeliner
>memegame shirt

are there any other red flags I'm missing

ok someone fill me in on what all this zelda breath of the wild drama is about.

Consider this a reminder that we (the beezy clique) run this shit

who is we?

Idiots who spend hundreds of dollars on new consoles and versions of games to run can't be bother to buy twenty dollar figures to get in game rewards to make the speedrun faster.

>bird
>monkey
>squid

what do these animals have in common?

they all exist

that mindless grinding neet chav is the embodiment of all of them