Thoughts on the updated 2017 DeLorean DMC-12?

Thoughts on the updated 2017 DeLorean DMC-12?
>80% original parts made in the 1980s
>The interior will also get a breath of modernity thanks to air conditioning from Vintage Air, updated consumer electronics, and more comfortable seating.
>Price under $100000

Future plans:
>DeLorean is also currently in talks with manufacturers of prominent V6 engines
>Electric DeLorean
A prototype exists. Apparently the DMC-12 has lots of space for batteries, could reach substantial range

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RA6Lz-s9SE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's hoping for a GM LGX V6

>Electric DeLorean
It's the only way.

>the new DMC-12 is expected to offer anywhere between 350 and 400 horsepower

Prototype
youtube.com/watch?v=RA6Lz-s9SE8

unfortunately its still ugly as hell

what they shouldve done is update the design

The only problem i see is that delorean's aerodynamics is shit.

DeLoreans are meme cars.

>they shouldve done is update the design
It's in the works, alongside the classic version

looks like a bad lamborgini

>80% original parts
80% just as pigfat then. it's gonna be just as shit and just as slow.

This lazy trend of the last 15 years of modernising an old design needs to die in a hole.

That looks like it belongs in GITS

That's not even a DeLorean render.
That's a rendering of what a modern Detomaso Mangusta would look like. It was done by Maxime de Kaiser in 2011.
Http://www.lesforgesmdk.blogspot.com

There is no new updated DeLorean coming. They don't have the capital to design an all new platform capable of meeting regulations. The only DeLorean coming is the classic DeLorean with an updated engine and transmission options.

The only thing that needs an update is the engine. For $100k a V8 is required minimum.

>100k
Price is likely to be closer to 60k.

Refurbished $50k
New old stock $100k

The LGX in the new Camaro is pretty good. 335hp/285trq, sounds good, 7200RPM redline, reliable.

Exactly. That's why I hope it's the V6 they land on. last I heard, the 2 companies DeLorean was talking to about supplying V6 engines were Toyota and GM so it's entirely possible. I hope it's the LGX.

Or you could have 455hp/455ft/lbs Torque, 6600rpm redline, reliable.

Modernizing an old design is what every auto manufacturer has been doing since the 40's you dunce. Every updated car is an edit of the last generation.

>Boost over revs
what's wrong with you? Also, twin turbos are just asking for trouble. I love GM, but I'm waiting to hear about unreliability with the 3.6TT like we have with the 3.5 Ecoboost.

The DeLorean was never known for power so 400+ HP is just unnecessary. A 335 HP LGX would be MORE than enough.

Why would it need a 6600rpm redline when power peaks at 5252rpm?

Uh no. The only vehicle remotely doing that is the Suburban, and the Crown Vic until 2014. All other cars have went through a complete redesign one way or the other.

I was talking about the new 6.2 liter LT1

>Every updated car is an edit of the last generation
As long as it's a continuous run you fucking strawmanning retard, and even then there's exceptions
>outgoing Mustang and Camaro
>"that" Thunderbird that started the trend

Power may peak at 5250, but the engine will keep pulling with a relatively flat curve right up until the redline.

My first car had an LQ1 that peaked at 5200 rpm and redlined at 7k, and it pulled hard all the way to redline.

Aren't they trying to avoid making too many changes so the cars can still be registered under the frames' original year of manufacture?

They bought up the entire bankrupt estate of the original DMC, and still have enough old stock to produce several hundred cars. Why not use it?

Some parts are becoming rare. According to a recent interview, they're starting to reproduce them, which is becoming much easier with advanced CAD/CAM technologies.

Interesting. Did the fix the problems with the original had like?

>Brakes?
>Steering?
>Lights?
>Engine?
>Suspension?
>Doors?
>Instruments?
>Cooling and heating?
>Weight?
>Power?

Suspension is probably fixed. Back in the 1980s, the American DMC-12 had terrible suspension due to issues with regulation.
European DMC-12 had better suspension, and that is now legal to drive in the US too.

Brakes are being updated

Doors no idea

Instruments updated

Power, see above, new V6 engine soon

except for porsche lmao

>80% original parts made in the 1980s

80% of it is still going to be shit and it'll never not be ugly.

>the DeLorean is ugly
Stale meme

>>>>>v6

>the car that made me love cars
he can't be serious?

>not John Delorean's own updated modern car design from 2005

I shiggity diggety do

Neat

too bad it drives like shit and is slow as fuck