Tfw i paid retail

>tfw i paid retail

The sticker price is the best price.

>I got guilt-tripped into the extended warranty

There goes all the money I saved negotiating.

>went to used car dealer
>didn't pay sticker
>didn't get the extended warranty that would have been void anyway when I got the car serviced at my mechanic's

Feels good, mane.

>used car dealer
Why? Why not skip the middle man and buy from the owner?

>in 4th year of engineering degree
>Getting excited to earn big boy money
>Decide I want to buy a new car right away
>Lurk on Veeky Forums to learn about cars so that I don't end up buying an unreliable piece of shit that I'm stuck with for years
>finish college
>Keep lurking Veeky Forums because I still want to buy a brand spanking new car ASAP
>Veeky Forums teaches me about personal finance
>I get job that pays average new grad salary
>I don't buy car
>Keep shit box
>Keep saving
One of these days that car will be mine

I paid retail too. Totally a dumb move. I realize that signing all those papers is like giving them permission to rape my bank account every month, and leaves the dealership in a position that must be comfy.

Idk if there is anything I can do, but I don't intend on letting them get away with highway robbery.

A car that fit all my criteria came up at a used dealer, figured I'd go and see if it was worth buying.

There wasn't anything worth popping on for sale privately at the time.

>buy from the owner
I've purchased twelve cars in my lifetime and I'd almost rather deal with the dealership than an owner. Owners can be some of the most insufferable cunts when trying to negotiate a price.

stealership vs owner
who is worse

Owners can't force you into financing a total hunk of shit @ 25% interest for 5 years and then when you inevitably miss a payment come and repossess the car without warning and then "sell" it to some other poor sucker.

>not buying the showroom model with 1000s worth of extras already included
>following further price reduction because it is the outgoing model

Its like you dont appreciate value for money and LIKE to get jewed.

Good for you m8, honestly

>25% interest
Jesus fucking Christ

>tfw reading people online claim they got 3 - 4k off a new civic ex-t or gti

These people are lying, right?

Got a
>2015 mustang gt premium package
>8400 miles
>only 28k us dollaroos
>but got fucked on the trade in
Feels abstract man

what's the retail on one of those?

>Owners can't force you into financing a total hunk of shit @ 25% interest for 5 years

neither can dealers... people don't get "forced" into these kinda interest deals, it's just what happens when poor people try to buy something way over their budget

Okay Mr. Hank Hill

What's with the dealership websites saying to email for the online price quote? Is that just their way of getting people to inquire about the vehicle so they can raise the price and tell you other guys are looking at it as well so you better buy quick?

Depends what kind of car you got. I pay $170/mo for a 2010 car with 25,000 miles. Only owe $6k on it and haven't started first invoice yet.

Most are. And most are 16-19 years old with not even a mcjob, they just get their parents to buy/finance shit for them.

Opposite. Most dealerships give out invoice pricing or better to get you in the dealership. They figure that if our finance the rig they'll make some money that way.
Source: I'm a car salesman.

WHY PPL WHY?

Negosturbated 24% off MSRP on a new Lexus for mein padre last year, bought myself a new Toyota for 24% off MSRP as well.

I'm not even "the best" at negosturbation. An old slick pro in the game with some time (not desperately needing a car in a week, etc.) could get even better deals.

Start by collecting all the e-mail addresses of all the dealers in your state, nearby states, and mass e-mail. Then bounce 'em off each other. Then go to one or two steal-your-shitz and bounce 'em off each other there.

I am an autistic nerd with social anxiety and I don't even comprehend how yall can be such fail-you-are's at life.

lrn2Jew or just kill yourself, the world isn't made for losers like you.

Message brought to you by Wharton, the official school of Don "Money" Trump.

Tfw so embarrassed at how much I paid at the stealership that I'm scared to go back to ask questions about extended warranty because I know they're laughing at me

> 25%
>5 years

>25% interest
>it's a "retard who went through an internet advertised anyone can get a loan no matter your credit history" episode