How did you find your religion, Veeky Forums?

How did you find your religion, Veeky Forums?

By posting religion topics on a history board.

>& humanities

>and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion...

Jerking off to chicks in hijab mostly. Became a Muslim to find a wholesome modest traditional wife(wives?)I don't actually have any "faith"

I chose Orthodoxy for its opposition to modern degeneracy.

Have you read any of the great medieval Islamic philosophers?
Not even Muslim but I rate Avicenna, Averroes, al-Farabi etc.

Obviously, start with the Greeks before reading them if you haven't done that already.

Christ-chan showed me the way

I noticed the divine invasion

I was born into a Christian family and told that my version of Christianity was the right way and the only way for my whole life desu senpai

>blogging

& Humanities was a mistake.

fedora pls

theisttard pls the hat thing wore thin long ago

Researched as many as I could, picked the one that agreed with science and logic the most.

>theisttard

Y o w z a
o
w
z
a

meme reply, as expected

> religion
> science and logic
lol

magical thinking is not science and logic. stop defending something ridiculous because "atheists are arrogant assholes sometimes :("

new atheism is a religion

not collecting shells is a hobby

Art is not science and logic. Stop believing in art.

Was that really your best shot?

what denom user?

which is?

XTIANS BTFO JEW ON A STICK LMAO LMAO LMAO SRY GODKEKS 2 ENLIGHTENED 2 HEAR U LMAO

careful, your meme ammo's running on empty

My Dad, pretty much. He let us pursue any religion we wanted, and when I was 12 he gave me a really good translation of the Tao Te Ching. Now I'm studying to be a religious ethnographer with a specialization in East-Asia and reading texts in my spare time. My religious ideas are between Congregationalism and Dragon's Gate Taoism right now.

How is an inegalitarian reality proof of God?

I was never truly introduced into religion. It was rarely brought up around me. I still am unfamiliar with it, despite having been raised by my Indian Hindu father and my American Southern Baptist mother.
Over time I simply compiled values I felt were just and set out to practice and fulfill them to guide my soul into inner peace.
I'd say I've ended up making a less-peaceful pseudo-Bhuddism spirituality, rather than a religion with a set and defined God and or pantheon of Gods.

when i realized that liberals are wrong about everything else, so why would they be right about God not existing?

I practiced human sacrifice for the first time, and felt the gods enter my mind.

Atheism is not the exclusive domain of political leftists. As an anecdotal example, my father is a conservative who is not religious, though he wouldn't use the a-card to label himself. I credit this (and my good relationship with him) as influences in my own atheism.

I figured that there was a slim chance that I, sometime in the future, will manage to transcend the temporal constraints of our universe. So, I occasionally pray to my extra-universal self to alter the structure of the world in my favor (operating under the assumption that the universe is a static object to an outside observer, and its structure is the sum of all causal interactions in the totality of its existence).

Stuff tends to work out for me in subtle ways, so I see little harm in stopping.