Ok Veeky Forums im getting really close to buying a s2000 and before im for sure set on it...

ok Veeky Forums im getting really close to buying a s2000 and before im for sure set on it, try to change my mind with other cars around $17k

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453034216&zip=77002&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=77002&minPrice=10000&startYear=1981&sortBy=distanceASC&maxPrice=17000&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=50&transmissionCodes=MAN&minPrice=10000&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&maxPrice=17000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=50&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV
kmiata.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

C L O W N S H O E

or other Z3M models

Subaru impreza

how reliable are those, because one of the main reasons i like the s2k is because of the honda reliability

It's a really great roadster, but for $17k you're inching in on new Miata territory.
They only demand the price they do because they're discontinued and have become, essentially, a cult classic.

Pretty reliable. These are the same engines in M3s.

Stay away from the S54 clownshoe unless you want to pay 50-60k

the rest cost like 15-30k

i also try to think about the long run, say later on i want to sell it, wouldn't the s2000 hold its market price ?

Look at these OP. Their value is going up. They are already becoming E30 M3 tier.

Miata and spend the other $14,000 on a K-swap, FI, chassis stiffening, suspension upgrades, and bigger wheels and tires.

C5

C5 Z06 or a cheap C6

It seems like its past the point to pay that much for a DD, when you can get newer better cars for the price

yea i was looking into this and found this

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453034216&zip=77002&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=77002&minPrice=10000&startYear=1981&sortBy=distanceASC&maxPrice=17000&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=50&transmissionCodes=MAN&minPrice=10000&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&maxPrice=17000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=50&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV

like what?

>putting a fwd drivetrain and engine in a rwd car
U miatafags, I swear. Don't forget to "run it on spray"

depends if they release a new one, if they do (and it's good) prices will plummet

>i have no idea what I'm talking about

kmiata.com/

Based on what happened with the new NSX, I'd say that's not very likely.

If possible, get a 2002 AP1 s2k.

986 Boxster S

Old NSX process were jumping up well before the new NSX came out

>$5500
Better come with an engine

This. The NC was a better car than the S2000 in every way except power over 6800 RPM. The ND is a better car than the NC.

Get the better car in the first place and you won't want to sell it.

Also a good option.

The Miata comes from the factory with a FWD engine.

Every kid in my university has a BRZ lol, and I really don't like the look of it, I feel like it's too boring

im planning on keeping this car for awhile, but not forever, im 19 so im pretty sure im going to end up selling it sometime in my lifetime

holy fuck i got quints

Yeah, my point was that the new NSX is shit and as such is having no effect on used NSX prices, and that Honda isn't capable of making desirable sports cars anymore.

>he's probably too young to get this

yup i am

S2k are good, but the tax is real. For that you could get a good 350z, newer miata, of a bmw roadster

shame

its not a bad car, vtec is annoying tho.
You've probs looked at other cars and singled out s2k.
Just saying toyobaru can be had for around same price that doesn't come with vtec and comes hard top and extra """seats""". There's also new miat
Otherwise if you want it and like it, jfc get it and love it.

135i

thats fine. toyobaru is the next s chassis. I'd get it but I completely understand the appeal of standing out. S2k is great, one of two RWD cars honda made and a cabrio.

Honda has a couple mid engines but they're japan only

i know. In practise s2k and nsx the only rwd cars they make that are available outside japan.
Id love a s660 tho

Are the new 991s also shit because the old ones are also expensive?

Prices on older supercars don't reflect shit on their newer supercar counterparts, reviewers all loves the 991 and new NSX and the demand is out pacing the production

Thisis what I'd go for if I wanted to daily it.

How reliable are these though?

Actually really reliable if you don't neglect them
Don't let IMS memes deter you, that's only an issue with lower mileage garage queens

2009 135i with the N54.
E46 M3
C5 Z06 Corvette
Terminator? Don't know much about these.
Evo 7 or 8

But you're not making a bad choice either.

>$17k
You'd get a regular C5 and an E46 M3 with the SMG

What do you plan to do with the car, thats the deciding factor in what you should buy?
[spoiler]Just buy a miata and fully upgrade it[/spoiler]

>actually recommending anything with the N54
Shiggy

Both those cars would break down before OP finishes school.

i love the fact that its na but ive been looking at videos with some s2k with kraftwerks superchargers in them and they look like a lot of fun so that would probably be my end goal for it.

>kmiata.com/

k24a's are only like $700

i started to look at the maintenance cost at these and its kinda scary

>brz 170whp

>s2000 220whp

The f20c will also take much more power on stock internals than the fa20 will while still running pump gas, the brz would need e85 just for 250whp/

i honestly don't understand why they gave it such low hp

Japan isn't all straight lines and they expected the owners to make them faster themselves, as with the 80s/90s shitboxes all the JAY DEE EMM TYTE retards jerk themselves silly over.

Sharts can't figure it out, and it's cheaper just to buy a base V8 Camaro or Mustang than it is to make a stoplight racer out of a GT86 or BRZ.

Noni understand thet it's not a stoplight racer but 200hp is too low for a modern sports car don't you think, even the 350z had 300hp