/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 11th:
1879 – Shō Tai formally abdicated his position of King of Ryūkyū, under orders from Tokyo, ending the Ryukyu Kingdom
1918 – The first case of Spanish flu occurs, the start of a devastating worldwide pandemic.
1945 – The Empire of Vietnam, a short-lived Japanese puppet state, is established with Bảo Đại as its ruler.

>News
CK2 DD44 - An Expansion Should Not Travel Alone
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-43-an-expansion-should-not-travel-alone.1001889/

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ
docs.google.com/document/d/1JpSGjGW2J0DeZIavym_RXcLu8miaHxDN9O8QIiN2jVk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1mcmv45hD3Xb2jolu6pwndHnWi_DYPWewrAX-4-yUA1k/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1e0NgyLzzF8C7scoyKq-ce_c6jTcFizQb9ickI9iw_oM/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1o9adxZTckvooOLB8qZ_0Lp64aijTvkd5wy_rZlKF85E/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1DygkepeM_o3e5qhItQBMDbjd2cw5N5dUIl5tbSTsswY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1WcAn3QiwRyyANO5UH4uNV_rHx8ZrTXSZnKA0t6TLGss/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1F8J4RtE-gnQQKyAihnm9Z28PjbAtZ-OpCy1vms-8SO4/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1HPD3CSQ_fCC0Atw6k5Gkaj7u541oDFrttkhjb86QVaE/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

Playable unlanded when

White.

thanks randy

so for what reason is this general still going

To please the Mad King.

fixed hermetics when

diplomatic societies when

stewardship based societies when

fixed devil worshippers when

dueling club when

hunting club when

wargame club when

trandy

the whitest

what did he mean by this?
t. semi-normie

How can you annex the boer states in HPM? How can you annex Luxembourg in it?

Luxembourg isn't a boer state

Yeah, sorry, wanted to ask how can you annex Luxembourg in HPM, but do you know how to annex them both?

Both of what

How do you make the Pope go full Crusade-boner in CK2? I want to do some holy questing but I've never had a crusade called.

>mfw Disaster at Dunkirk
youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

let the muzzies into france

>tfw you won't ever see Europe reduced to 10 (ten (10)) countries

How to annex the Boer states, and how to annex Luxembourg, playing as Germany for my first time, so I dont know what to do

Give Egypt to either ottomans, france, or itself, but not Britain.

Own the british territories in South Africa before 1900 I suppose. That's when the boer war events pop up. Build a good navy and you should be able to take it from them easy. Do it asap too so you can get as many german pops there as possible so you have a white and based südafrikums-germaniums as a puppet sometime after 1900

Sphere Luxembourg and make sure they aren't a puppet before forming Germany. If you already did form Germany, then do the exact same thing above and just wait until they petition for annexation, though it might take a while.
For the Boer states, Britain is scripted to be the one triggering the Boer War even if they no longer hold the Cape, the only one that can change anything by conquering the Cape is the Netherlands, as they get Boer as accepted.

>tfw the AI consistently maintains a 2:1 cav:inf ratio despite being western tech
>tfw the AI has 100k soldiers, and 85k are in its colonies
>tfw the AI has like 200 big ships patrolling in one big stack
>this AI declares war on your vassal and now you have to deal with this shitstorm

Fuck, so sphereing them is worthless if you arent the UK or the Dutch, so who can you annex through sphereing them? I know that Madagascar and Hawaii are possible, and as for Luxembourg, you cant annex them if they are still a puppet of Neherlands? I cant remove them from being a puppet, though I never get interested in European lands so I just pass it

whomst'd ist thou quotest

Let Hungary have a sea port damnit

ur mum

Why do I lose piety for this? It's not like anyone knows it was me.

t. horthy

mayo n talex 2 when?????

>mfw I accidentally dismissed "There's a plot, you can arrest someone" notification bubble
>Die by a plot three times before I notice I did that

How do I get that notification back?

my waifu

I decided to go back to HoI4 with the Modern Day mod using the Modern Day start.

I had a lot of trouble with every war until I decided to make a division with 10 modern tanks. It took about a decade to build a full force of 24 divisions. After Vietnam (my eyed-up final boss) was destroyed by these tanks in less than a month, I jokingly declared on India to end my run.

My fucking tanks were literally unstoppable. I saw 2 divisions take on 50 divisions from across a river and route them in about 7 seconds.

Even though HoI4 is easy, it felt good to go from losing my capital from a Bangladesh naval invasion to capitulating India 3 months with 1/3 the amount of divisions.

>My Anmar

Finland autism google drive user from last thread
Do people want to post my other dynasty logs as well?

La Plata

is

gay

t.

Based Erdogan

AaAaAaaAaaaAAAAAaAaAaAaAaaaAAAAA

good post

Help, please.

How do I defeat King Karling? I really want these 2 counties so I can rule over all of Brittany but fucking Karling has like a million vassals.

Any recommendations for the Slitherine games on sale? I was thinking of getting Pike and Shot Campaigns.

soon my fellow redditor

So /gsg/ I want to get back at CK2, but the last time I played the newest dlc was Charlemagne. Yeah, it's been a long time.
So I ask you, the new dlc packs are essential? Am I missing much if I don't have them?
Which ones do you recommend?

>von Hapsburg

M&M

t. johan

Do eet.

2(me)+s

Pirate them all but desactivate the satanists

For Castile's Continue The Reconquista do you need to all of the provinces it gives you a claim on or only one?

OH SHIT

FUCK IBERIANS

amidoingitrite? Austria just exploded.

Karloman became the Holy Roman Emperor in your game?

Neat.

The Tokugawa was the only good shogunate.

How gross you planning to go?

I like treating Lithuania as a pathetic little pagan reserve in a mass of Christiandom. Little clans of Romuvans fighting to try and be king, it's adorable.

Except God, he knows :^)

You know, and your soul aches in guilt.

How can I make it in Victoria II that my shitty country doesnt just sell all the products needed to factory input.

>turkish anything
>controls arab territory

In EU4, how do wars with colonial nations work exactly?

If I'm fighting a Portuguese colony, would I have to also sail all the way to Portugal to get any significant warscore?

If you're some Asian/American savage, don't bother

Might be easier to take out their overlord first if you're in Europe.

You dont need much warscore for colonies, just take your wargoal and let it tick up if you want.

Reclaiming my clay obviously, but other than that I was going to try and get at least black sea access.

Also, fuck the Czechs, they are in my sphere but they are allied to another GP.

Erhmmm.. you got something there my loyal subject?

No. He was king of west and middle Francia.
After a hard fought campaign I managed to defeat the Karling's by chasing their armies around the map with superior mobility before they could ever create a big enough force to defeat me. It also helped that there was a plague, 2 wars, and an untimely demise for the previous king on the field of battle.

I went into debt countless times.
I owe 350 gold to the Jews.
I threw all of Francia into chaos.
I became horribly injured.
I committed countless horrible satanic acts.
And lastly I spawned several bastards, one of which is a demon.

All in all I think it was worth it. I wanted those 2 counties and I fucking got them.
Fuck you Karling.

Thanks, Death.

I'm so fucking sick of standard European count gameplay. I'm begging you, give me an idea for a non-standard CK2 start, or an unusual goal for me to pursue. I can play anything but a Republic. Give me something

Start as Socotra and become Prester John.

Muslim vassal in Spain and push into Europe

The Zunbil religion thingie in afganistan at the charles start.

>Greatest
>Economic, cultural, and scientific backwater that only got by in Europe due to idiot Venice destroying the Byzantines.

>21 year rebellion ends in the balkanization of the Empire
>The Muslims and Turks are growing larger
It wasn't supposed to end this way

>21 year rebellion ends in the balkanization of the Empire
>The Muslims and Turks are growing larger

Aren't you supposed to be able to manipulae the history since your a player, why play it historically? Shame!

Polando stronk. I did have the fucking slutty Czechs in my sphere but they were traitorous scum who allied with Belgium who then removed them from my sphere.

I am currently planning on fucking up the Russians.

I'm currently [BRETON]ing Tuscany before setting out for the Holy Land. I almost controlled the HRE but I died too soon.

muh dick

where the fuck are you Hafsid user

God, I'm going to regret this. 5 years ago was a long time
My first go at CK2, starting with a custom king of France
docs.google.com/document/d/1JpSGjGW2J0DeZIavym_RXcLu8miaHxDN9O8QIiN2jVk/edit?usp=sharing
Then I'll try Norway, having actualy succession until my game crashes
docs.google.com/document/d/1mcmv45hD3Xb2jolu6pwndHnWi_DYPWewrAX-4-yUA1k/edit?usp=sharing
Then I'll try a Republic with a custom lustful woman, but there was no seduction focus and Republics can't matrilineal so that was that
docs.google.com/document/d/1e0NgyLzzF8C7scoyKq-ce_c6jTcFizQb9ickI9iw_oM/edit?usp=sharing
I'll then try being a pagan Norseman and die of sickness before producing an heir
docs.google.com/document/d/1o9adxZTckvooOLB8qZ_0Lp64aijTvkd5wy_rZlKF85E/edit?usp=sharing
Then I'll have a game that goes for 459 years as the Norsemen of Scotland, but never realize that Reformed Pagans can have succession other than Gavelkind
docs.google.com/document/d/1DygkepeM_o3e5qhItQBMDbjd2cw5N5dUIl5tbSTsswY/edit?usp=sharing
And then I'll successfully Great Moraviablob from the Old Gods to 1453, having a grand time civilizing the east and fighting Italians and Aztecs
docs.google.com/document/d/1WcAn3QiwRyyANO5UH4uNV_rHx8ZrTXSZnKA0t6TLGss/edit?usp=sharing
Then I'll try out Conclave as a Byzantine lord and not dig it
docs.google.com/document/d/1F8J4RtE-gnQQKyAihnm9Z28PjbAtZ-OpCy1vms-8SO4/edit?usp=sharing
Going back to 2.4.5, I'll ironman as Karelia, and, 57 pages and 36785 words later, my autism is real
docs.google.com/document/d/1HPD3CSQ_fCC0Atw6k5Gkaj7u541oDFrttkhjb86QVaE/edit

I hope you enjoy
I'll be making one for my next playthrough as a North African Muslim tribal->Merchant republic

don't marry a Nazgul user, they'll try to steal your ring of power

user, I...

>tfw i enlightened an empire to protectorate and they're so incompetent it'll take 100 years before they catch up
Don't fall for the meme kiddos, I should just declare war on them and take them over at this point.

I know

Oon ylpee susta, tiedä se.

So it begins.

Fuck sakes.

It looks like pooland is gonna get BTFO.

what country should I play next in liquoria?

fuck