Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86

Planning on picking one up this year, does anyone know anything about the 86 Special Editions that are coming out?

I know the BRZ has the Series Yellow but is the 86 going to have something similar this year?

Also is the BRZ going to get a new series this year or next year?

Saw the FRS Release Series 2.0 that looks amazing too, but dunno about buying Scion now

>inb4 meme car

I want to make this a project car, so I'll probably turbo it next year. Plus, it's my money not yours.

wait till January
trust me

I have no qualms about waiting, but why?

wouldn't buy one until they refresh and give it the new boxer subaru is shoving in their new wrx and a factory turbo.

>Not buying a camaro or mustang 4 pot or v6 which are better in every way

Why do you want a slow vapenation car OP?

The BRZ/86 literally just got refreshed. Both the new WRX and BRZ86 use the FA20, but the only one has a turbo.

All of subarus line-up is getting updated in 2020.

That's a long time to wait dude

That's what I thought as well, I don't want to wait until 2020 for another update, I can always just sell the car and buy the new one

I really like the new 2017 86 but the BRZ Series Yellow is only $3k more and has a bunch of nicer stuff like the Brembos as standard, better interior with leather and alcantara, and a nicer body kit with nicer headlights and tail lights.

I just don't like the flashiness of the Series Yellow, so I'm holding off until something new comes around but I can't find anything on new series

sorry, im not him, im just telling you about it.
The refresh improves a lot of things over the original, do what you want man.

I was watching a review on the 2017 BRZ, and had to double-check the year when I saw that center console. I fucking love the 80s retro look and hope they continue that style in the future.

There aren't any

the 2018 BRZ looks the same as the last years with no performance differences what so ever. The only thing that changes were some cosmetic and infotainment shit

What do I get next anons? Car is completely stock otherwise.

I currently have:

Perrin Intake Elbow
K&N Air Filter
Valenti Lights (incl. the bottom light)
Smoked GCS Sidemarkers
OFT

We need more threads about the 86

>better in every way
but they're pigfat with shitty interiors

Just get a plain old BRZ with the performance pack. Series Yellow is just a PP BRZ with a "limited" color. They should've just done hyperblue again.

It has that sweet tiny screen that shows you the torque dip in real time tho

>torque dip between 3999 and 4000 rpm worse than renault buying nissan
>vtec with 0 power through 90% of rev range is gods gift to man
fucking benchracers

>benchracers
oh shit you dun did it now, he's gonna lose it and start crying about how only REAL AUTO ENTHUSIASTS™ obsess over meaningless lap times on the internet

Am newfat to Veeky Forums here to learn
Jost googled what a subaru boxer is
What's the pros to this engine design? Seems hella compact

only benchracers care about lap times and espeially 0-60 times. They are in reality completely meaningless unless you're some pleb who does highway pulls.
Enthusiast cares how they like that car feels to drive. And seeing how only 3% of Veeky Forums has actually driven toyobaru and most of them either like it or own it, it's safe to assume toyobaru haters are benchracing busriders. Especially seeing as all their complaints are "muh 200bhp", "muh tork dip", "muh loses to corbet"

pros is it helps to lower center of gravity.
Cons is its harder to work on

u r wrong

and a faget

Why do you reply 9 hours later? Were you up all night thinking of how you would respond? Seek help

If that's any different from my 2013 Limited, I'm missing some minor details.

They just need to make the radio use buttons. I thought at first I'd get irritated at having a button to select which air ducts to use rather than a lever or a dial but in reality I never change it anyway.

Those cars have good handling and balance, but that's about it. The flat 4 boxer provides nice weight dynamics, but it's a bitch to work on and is underpowered (horsepower is one thing, but the torque dip destroys it since it doesn't have a lot of it to begin with.)

Because no one gives a shit about common mustangs more boring and common then corollas.

STi version

Are you in Canada?

OEM crashbolts and an alignment

Oh look, it's the tripfag who always posts in 86 threads and ultimately ends up looking like a retard

What do you recommend alignmentwise? I'm not left wanting for the time being, but crash bolts and driveway alignment made quite the comfy difference on my previous car.

Depends on your goals. I just know the oem front chamber leaves a lot of room for improvement. Plenty of solid alignment specs on the forums

Also, do you have high performance brake fluid? Differential and transmission fluid?

I've gotten to wonder if the rear toe is a bit off since it gets strangely wiggly for no reason going straight under oddball conditions. Feels like it could use an extra .5 negative camber in back or something, too.

Front end feels good so far. I could see how more caster might be good.

I got it used, so I figure on fluid upgrades when the service interval comes around. Transmission could definitely use something less sludgy in cold weather. I actually quite like the brakes just the way they are -- good balance between delicate initially and then gripping hard when you want. Previous owner might have done something to them though. He installed a bigger button on the e-brake for going sideways, so I wouldn't be surprised.