wtf i hate porsche now

What are euro style tail lights?

sad part is the 240 has actually aged better

really activates my almonds

certainly gurbles my harbles

actually james may my toegay

:thinking:

>literally inverted them and turned them sideways

Porsche are just overrated turboed cars.

can I get an ID on the bottom car
t. uncultured burger
>inb4 use jewgle
Already cropped off the punto and reversed image search and got nothing.

MG SVR.
Apparently only 81 were bult

>Apparently only 81 were bult
what a shame. Looks pretty awesome tbdesu.

You can often find the vehicle if you google the licenseplate number

ppl who are not engineers will not understand stuff like this

>There's reasons why things go to production the way they do
>Vendors change
>Designs change
>Clients requests/company demands change
>Costs and investments change

what's there to not understand?

you can save tons of money by buying oem parts and use them in your project and that's what they did with the lights.

no one's posted this yet?
fuck it why not

t. Hipster

>car sold for hundreds of thousands a pop
>can't afford designing their own rearlights

come the fuck on now

Mclaren did the same with the F1

Because why waste ass that time, money, and resources to a couple of tail lights can be DOT approved when you can buy ones that already meet those standards from a bus company?

>Lets just engineer the same fucking tailights as these ones that already exist

Sweet, that means I can get these nice ass ones for my AE86

See
It would have been a total waste for something that no one other than that 40 year old beetle driving man child on Jalopshit would have noticed

McLaren never really made a road car before the F1 either

>small volume car manufacturers using readily available parts
>this is shocking

>Mclaren did the same with the F1

That's the fucking car he posted! I get it though, and I still think the ass end of an F1 is sexy.

they are not the same tail lamp
>wanting rare and expensive tail lamps

>rare and expensive tail lamps
my fetish

Early 2000 MG could have been alright if they had reigned in the factory rice and stopped trying to be cool. The basic shape of the SV is nice but dem gills.

>an economy car has similar tail lights to a performance economy car

Pagani did the same thing

this is the first one that instantly reminded me of the Tigra.

>cars have wheels
really knocks my rocks together

Both are bmw doe

early 2000 mgrover couldn't have been otherwise, they were in immense financial shit the whole time

c'mon, why bother

they would have done some round lamps anyways, the whole process of arranging the tooling was unnecessary when the perfectly sized bus lamps were already there

Aston / miata

That two cars have similar taillights? Incredibly thought provoking.
Are you 14?
Aesthetics are generally subjective, but you're objectively wrong
Bait

This is why I stopped visiting Veeky Forums

How new are you?

So volvo copied taillight from worst porsche? Thats why 240 is so terrible!

virtually every car from that period has 6pane rear lights

Started lurking 10 years ago. Started posting sporadically in 2010-2011.

holy shit, I didn't realize that they're so rare. Some guy near my nan's house has one.

Is it a lamborghini tractor?

We know this. If you take the headlights out they have nissan all over them

UNCOMMON ASS

Delet this

God machine confirmed

No, it is Valtra made in Finland.

>pontiac vibe
>toyota matrix
iwanttoberieve

so, you're just generally a dumbass?

wtf i hate newfags who pretend to be old now

Those brakelights are a royal pain to replace too. God it sucked after my brother rolled on some ice in the driveway (hill driveway). Finding a replacement sucked initially, was trying to go cheap from a junk yard. So taking two off basically sucked.

My Focus has the same mirrors as an Explorer. They almost seem too big, but I can't complain about zero blind spots.

THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

>missing the point with all these images
OP's image isn't the same taillights, just very similar.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE ALL PNGS

WHO THE FUCK SAVES POORLY RESIZED AND COMPRESSED _PHOTOGRAPHS_ AS PNGS

Well my autistic friend, many phones such as Samsung Galaxy use PNG format for screenshots. I would guess these are a result of such actions.

> pic not related

One more reason to blanket ban all phone posters.

awww.... did it use up the last bit of your phone plan

You don't even have to take them out, they have a carbon fiber wrap that just covers the Nissan stampings at the top of the lights.

>no one posted the Ford Taurus and the FD RX7

So disappointed.

Side question. Are 2002 ford tarus any good?

>dat filename

I seriously hope you're joking.

all old cars look the same

This, until postwar cars started coming out. 30s and earlier cars all look exactly the same.

I can see what you mean about old cars though, part of that is because the US has hilariously archaic headlight laws. 2 big round sealed beams required after 1940, then in 1958 4 smaller round sealed beams, then in 1984 they FINALLY fucking legalized flush non-sealed beams like the rest of the world had had since the early 70s. Everything HAD to look exactly the same because it was required by law.

We're still behind even now though, since German manufacturers have adaptive headlights that will move the beam away from oncoming cars and turn the highs off and on automatically as well, but we can't have it because our headlight laws were made before computers were a thing.

Some school bus is missing it's tail lamps.

The French had adaptive (swiveling along with the front wheels) headlights in the late 60s.

Almost as if super/kit/boutique car manufacturers don't want to spend any budget on boring shit like switches and lights, so they just use something that already exists.

>then in 1958 4 smaller round sealed beams
That wasn't a requirement, it was just something that was allowed. Previously cars had to have two headlights, starting in '58 (although one or two cars already had it in '57, like the midside Chrysler sedans) they were allowed to have four headlights and everybody immediately jumped on board for the next few decades because it looked better with the flat, wide designs of the cars.

If cars were required to have four headlights, the Beetle would have never been able to be sold here, which it obviously was and in droves at that.

Lots of domestic cars were still made with two headlights as well- it wasn't "every single car has quad lights because that's what the law wants up until 1984." Quad headlights were almost exclusively on the massive full-size sedans and square-nosed muscle cars of the era.

Kek