mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Rough Ride your new forklift here:
mwomercs.com/roughneck

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Discord Info:
discord.gg/BPy7yP6

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/13425/14158044_1.jpg?v=8CF7F63326810E0
gunnersden.com/00001-shotgun-shell.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=m8HDCm_Ngoc
youtube.com/watch?v=8qy8tOn5itw
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=bed57d80b809c6485ce2f5ed9ae672d8ad7ec9f9
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=c030e5ea277a0b8bab894dd81924e2b35b97a26c
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=4aacdffc221b0e2042c8ba50d1f55cec8c30b7b3
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=12956fa9aecfce10a09350298d63fd1df3497c42
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=40272c3e5edf859ecfcb1557b7f535a298a6fa9d
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=9870f2ec43241bb838911a1b7930b3f3aedcc80c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good!

Which one is better to join the Discord or Mumble? Which has less fags and which has more robutts drops?

Mumble has more of both. It's up for you to decide what your own personal limits are

Discord doesn't play MWO. That's why the split happened in the first place.

Never skip leg day fellow mechwarriors.

#KONGisKING

Apparently MWO has an economy now that is dictating design decisions? Is that the invisible 5th pillar that hasn't been mentioned for the past five years?

No it's more of a "We don't wanna give away free money but want you to spend real money" situation.

Is mumble down?

They're playing D&D in there right now.

So, is the FedCom Civil War about to happen?

Couldn't they look at the amount of XP each player mech has and give the owner cash based on that totaled amount? It doesn't have to be 1:1 so that people still have an incentive to keep playing and re-earning back enough money for all the mechs that (they don't) play.

Quad mechs when?

When the Lao Hu is getting released

they'd have to put cw and fw on hold to make it davion vs steiner and most of the playerbase is clamtards so they'd not even be able to participate, let alone the WHOLE IS playerbase because of all the kuritans fags and cappelans etc.

if only they just quirked the shit out of IS shitmechs, then IS vs clans would be viable

like who seriously uses the dragon

imagine if piggy ever actually got switchable ammo right?

>lbx's using either heap (pinpoint dmg) or cluster ammo (spread)

instead of spread (ac) and lolwatdafugamiebindoin.jpg 'shotgun' (lbx) now

>mml's shooting either 700-800m ish arcing indirect bombardment missiles, or direct fire 400-500m streak like lock ons.

>atm's having an indirect long range low dmg mode that can be switched to reduced range high dmg direct fire mode

Nice

imagine what? older tech being completely obsolete?

that's piggies fault for nerfing lrm's into uselessness. srm's will still do more dmg within their range profile than mml's.

and what about lb10 being a straight upgrade from ac10 in every way?

cluster rounds are suposed to sandpaper blast armour sections on whole components.

ac are supposed to punch neat little holes through the armour and dmg'ing internals.

one lets you devestate mechs , the other is supposed to let you efficiently murder them if your aim is good.

Is Nova the ugliest mech in the game?

*correction*
crack and shatter entire armor panels on components opening the entire component to being blown apart.

now realize that this is a video game, not a ballistics simulation

no

No amount of quirks can save shitboxes like Wolverine or Dragon.
I mean, what would you give to the Quarantine to make it even remotely playable?
Give it +200% AC/5 RoF and +100% ML range and +50 arm armor and it would still be the lowest of shitmechs.

dragon would be decent if it had the proper gun arm that it's supposed to, but PGI are incompetent

yes, piggy would have to code normal ac shot to waste or split their dmg maybe 1/2 to 1/3 of their dmg on the armour and do the rest to internal, but then they'd have to lower the dmg's anyway to account for portions of the shots being devoted to the ballistic tech necessary to pierce armour.

so yeah, never going to happen, because piggy would have to put in an effort.

instead we'll be stuck with LOL SHITGUNZ and ac that act like lbx are supposed to.

there's nothing wrong with how they currently work, both serve a purpose and both are used

except they both work wrong.

lbx are lbx because they are configured to be able to shoot canister rounds as well s normal ac. this is not in the game.

ac are supposed to work similar to MBT main guns. this is ALSO not in the game.

They only LBX that is actually used is the 20 and that's only because of ghost heat on the cuck20.

Double tap was a mistake.

this is a fucking video game try to understand

10 and 20 are used and that's because lbs are used for brawling

>this is a video game

>featuring fictionalised applications of IRL wepons as well as fictional weapons too

>therefore nothing even approaching sci-fi hardness can ever be a part of any design process for such a product and any attempt is obviously NO FUN ALLOWED FUCK YOU GO TO HELL.

Look just because you're a star wars babby and love your handwaved / technobabbled bullshit doesn't mean that there are not any people on the planet that like the stompy robitts for their stompyness

jesus fucking christ you are dense

more importantly your entire "arguement" against making ac's of all flavours easily work as intended using simple methods to make BOTH viable has been

"A BLU BLU ALL WORKING AS INTENDED EVERYTHING IS FINE MOVE ALONG NOTHING TO SEE HERE

IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME, GOD!

REEEE REEALISM IN MY GAME! NEVER!"

none of which constitutes an actual arguement.

You have no concept of what good design is.

>easy fixes to make ac work properly

>no fuck you i want my useless lbx's and my ac that works like an lbx is supposed to instead FUG YU

yea, you know what, maybe you need to stop sucking the piggy cock and paying them for the priviledge and go fuck yourself in the ass with a cactus.

also, once again, you fail to counter ANY of the points made.

>oh that's right, because you can't, because you have no arguement other than REEE MUH FEELINGS

They already work properly you dsnse motherfucking retard. AC is your normal slug cannon, boom, damage, simple. LBX is your shotgun.

This is not a difficult concept you sperging autistic fuck.

Why is the Scorch so strong?

premium hardpoints on a premium chassis

to make it the best mech in the game it would need one energy in each side torso

>this is not a difficult concept you sperging autistic fuck.

it seems to be since you obviously do not comprehend what an AUTOCANNON even is.

>boom damage simple

Not even in WWI was that even remoetely ture of even artillery ad ship based cannon let alone the autocannon.

HE / AP shells have been a thing since for fucking ever. and ever since the cold war we've had HEAP and then a little later we got APDS too.

and once again, a cluster round is NOT a fucking shotgun shell

media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/13425/14158044_1.jpg?v=8CF7F63326810E0

pic related the inside of an old as fuck canister shot, note the metal plating on both ends of the shell to keep the round intact until impact with a target

gunnersden.com/00001-shotgun-shell.jpg

pic also fucking related. a shotgun shell, note the paper / plastic lid merely there to keep the shell's contents inside the shell until firing.

In conclusion, GTFO you fucking moron. you are the only one here being a sperg.

>REEE REALITY IS WHAT I SAY IT IS REEE REE REE THINGS HAVE TO WORK HOW I SAY REE REE

be a bigger fuckwit, gaddam.

Oh my dear lord you can't possibly be this dense.

less than 5 seconds in google BTFO's your insane
>REEE BOOM DAMAGE SIMPLE

idiocy.

as soon as armour in the 'modern' sense awas invented, armies and nations had to develop a way to defeat that armour.

You do know that the BattleTech universe is a made up fantasy, right? None of this actually exists.

>my so-called arguement has been completely overturned and shown to be both idiotic and having no basis in anything at all apart from my own wishful thinking

>i better call the guy who showed how much of a dumbass i was being stupid, otherwise i'll have to admit to being wrong!

yep, your lack of an arguement that posited that your subjective feelings were hard fact overriding reality sure showed me!

>autocannons don't exist
>he, ap , etc don't exist
>canister doesn't exist

sure thing friendo.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8HDCm_Ngoc

these don't exist apparently.

Because what people loved about the MechWarrior games was their realism.

I can't explain this to you any clearer than I already have, so I'm going to stop and go play some video games. I hope you calm down so you can think more clearly.

youtube.com/watch?v=8qy8tOn5itw

this is also a figment of everyone's imagination

yes, people Liked the stompy robitts formula because it lies on the realism side of scifi, whereas fans of mecha games love the rediculous superpower unreal ninja robots with their 5 trillion missile swarms and beam cannon death star lazors.

a fan of stompy robits likes the slant towards realism.

and once again, you decide YOUR personal FEELINGS decide reality for EVERYONE on the planet.

The primary problem with balancing the value of quirks isn't that PGI doesn't know how much to give to certain weak mechs, but that quirks affect all weapons on a mech.

If weapon quirks were actually attached to individual hardpoints instead of mechs, it could be possible to jam heavy quirks into singular slots and make those weapons powerful. In an example case, they could give a mech with multiple ballistic slots an extra strong 1st slot while the rest are MG filler slots that don't have the same power. Or a variant with 2B slots could have the quirks spread out evenly between the two to encourage another kind of build.

It would put more control in their hands over which mechs get to boat and how much, and making mixed loadout mechs exactly as viable as the former.

Of course size restrictions on hardpoints would help too.

pls stop fighting ;____;

it's not fighting. it's one guy going
>hurp durp muh feelings

to which is responded
>that is dumb, and this is why

blame the retard for keeping his reee-ing on full blast

that could work, although many autocannon mechs suffer from their arm slot or side torso slot for a ballistic weapon having exactly one space too few to mount an ac 20.

heck, they could even expand your system so mechs known to mount a small boat of lasers in the torso get quirked to reward building it that way ( timber doggo known for having 3-4 mediums in the torsos, catapult, etc.)

or paired weaponry in the arms. the rifleman could be quirked to reward having the paired ac arms and laser arms. (instead of one or the other)
your system means they could make mixed HP mechs that don't boat viable.

>this is why it will never happen because piggy hates us all.

Anything out of FROM about new AC games yet?

Guys will we get the Lao Hu soon?

adder-chan is so fun :3

ewww , lrms on a light. a clan light.

man cssrm6's, or csrm6's clan lurms are crap, they shoot piss streams

ihmt

The problem both of you idiots don't realize is that piggy's weapons don't work like the SOURCE MATERIAL dictates they should, nothing to do with realism.
Smaller lasers should have longer beam durations than bigger ones because boating multiple small weapons vs a big weapon should be spreading the damage, bigger cuck cannons shouldn't spread more damage than the smaller ones, srms shouldn't have as tight spreads as they have now, lrms are completely fucked up, clan lrms are even more fucked up, streaks aren't supposed to be a dedicated anti-light weapon, etc.

He's alive and you're don't.
Maybe you should get good.

>you're don't.

>you're don't

lurm 40 on a assault

as7-s or as7-d-dc?

what do you even DO with a fucking king crab 0000 ???

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=bed57d80b809c6485ce2f5ed9ae672d8ad7ec9f9

ddc everytime.
never underestimate the power of ecm Vs. potato lemming retards.

>tfw an Onion IIC with LB20 and 4 ARSM6 turns around the corner and im in a Puma

;_____________;

>puma

Adder

IS reporting name of Puma you trash born shit-bag.

dunno how you're gonna put any more ammo on without putting in some place explodeable

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=c030e5ea277a0b8bab894dd81924e2b35b97a26c

ddc fatlus

this mabbe?

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=4aacdffc221b0e2042c8ba50d1f55cec8c30b7b3

dunno

what do you expect? born in a vat of goo with flash imprint propaganda a instead of natural born having to sweat and learn things. they can't help being derp.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=12956fa9aecfce10a09350298d63fd1df3497c42

You've already put it in places that are explode-able, so it really doesn't matter. Remember that ammo is not a 100% guaranteed explosion when destroyed, and ammo placed with the weapon it goes to is prioritized first.
It's OK to stick a few rounds of AC/10 with the gun, and a ton or two of srms with the launcher.
If you want, you can downgrade to SRM4s, shave some leg armor, and bump the engine back up.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=40272c3e5edf859ecfcb1557b7f535a298a6fa9d

>twin LPL to fight at range and open armor
>LB10 to brawl and farm components
>streaks to rape the pesky lights and mediums

you wont even need a team with you
you are ready for every encounter

BEHOLD!

i managed to make scorch senpai a little less ugly
i will keep experimenting with colors see if i can improve it further

what i meant was, putting it in the legs is relatively fine because if people focus them you're fucked anyway. if you lose the ct armour you're fucked anyway due to engine kill, and if you lose the head, well you're a dead un'.

and you need artemis on 6's to make their grouping splat onto specific components

>you need artemis on 6's
Debatable.
Use 4's then, smaller spread, better cool-down.

if you're going to buy paints and shit just buy a decent camo ( you can get one-offs for that specific mech) and make it urban / alpine / forest camo or something

>finally get a canyon match on my browns desert / rock camo'd mech

>laugh because despite target locks etc no potato can hit me even 1 /10 times

yeah, 4's will let you vomit much faster due to their RoF. and tight enough they don't need arty.

>not just Atlas S with ac20 4asrm6 for maximum power

i like the faction camos for IS mechs but the clam camos are really REALLY bad imho
Lacerator Cinder and Warrant have some very nice patterns that can be improved with colors but the scorch pattern is just plain bad

Mhmm.
That would be my suggestion to others, and then for myself completely ignore my own advice and run something retarded like:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=9870f2ec43241bb838911a1b7930b3f3aedcc80c
because reasons

>ammo placed with the weapon it goes to is prioritized first.
No?

It goes from center out to the limbs. The reason why you'd place some ammo along with the gun is because the weapon itself becomes the crit padding for the ammo.

4s with arty a best, tight enough to hit a single component out to maximum range

i...uhhmmm..what the fuck?

lean back

Wow being this new

Next time you will post a dead mech breakdancing?

>shiptoast senpai blocks out their name because they don't love you enough to reveal who they are to you

no i dont want you to look them up and tell me im playing with and against scrubs ;___;

>names censored
to what end

the game has no matchmaking system
literally no matchmaking system
everybody from the bottom of tier 5 get matched up with the top of tier 1

the devs themselves have confirmed this
that's why you see so many retards in your games

>Lurm Adder
No you are the Scrub

hey you take that back i pulled 400 to 600 dmg all afternoon in my Adder-chan

here's some camo's i made for my mechs cos i loves them so.

Fuck off.

also i finally got bored enough to do a rough derp of what the side torso's seem to be on the zeus, which makes it XL friendly. (and survive longer with an xl and twisting than trying to twist with an std)

wow! such insightful commentary, truly wisdom for the ages!

considering i wasn't talking to you, but shiptoast and

Fuck off all the same.

>tfw sperging out so hard you cut off your own sentences

wat to do with last ton?