/hg/ - Halo General

Hayabusa edition

>Halo Wars 2 is now available in stores
- A new campaign showcasing the fate of the Spirit of Fire crew following the events of the first game
- Competitive multiplayer with new units, leaders, and abilities
- A brand new "Blitz" multiplayer card game mode
- Features the "Play Anywhere" program, syncing game progress and stats between Xbox One and Windows 10
- 60 achievements for 1000 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/patch-party

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtube.com/watch?v=qnDFvQRfGxw
youtu.be/U6HxXDq8ClM
youtu.be/0Y0UYIKJr6E
youtube.com/watch?v=rPAAmr899i4
wccftech.com/343-development-director-halo-3/
halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/82841d11296340069f6b8e3ccbfcee11/topics/halo-3-anniversary-is-officially-not-happening/5104fc1a-64b4-4018-8e67-01545391733f/posts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw used Hayabusa
>always got shit for it

>only ONE (1) Arbiter so far at KIWC
I don't think he got nerfed hard or anything, he's still pretty viable.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #291.
The featured map is "Landfall"

>Previous 50 threads
#290 - I Want to Believe #289 - Implying #288 - Re-Write #287 - Place Your Bets IV #286 - Exploration #285 - Warthog Rush #284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass
#259 - Betrayed by the Euros
#258 - Scripting
#257 - Place Your Bets III
#256 - Monitor's Bounty
#255 - Wrath of Balaho
#254 - Finish the Fight
#253 - New Friends
#252 - Baby Chief
#251 - Primoridal will Never be in a Game
#250 - 15th Anniversary
#249 - Full Scale Replica
#248 - Cool Clubs
#247 - Down but not Out
#246 - No New Content
#245 - Forge is Hard
#244 - Haloween
#243 - Halo 5's 1st Birthday
#242 -

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

Is hijacking Nightingales and Shrouds bullying?
It feels like bullying

To be fair, Carmine is killed with a Sniper shot to the head, which kill you in Gears regardless if you have a helmet or not, so Marcus' logic is flawed.

Yeah, Actman invited Late Night and Favyn over before the three of them went to 343 for the Halo Wars 2 launch party.

Do you see what I see?

youtube.com/watch?v=qnDFvQRfGxw

oh shit it's goatse

The Halo 4 DLC maps are criminally underrated.

Landfall has one of my favorite skyboxes.

In MCC and even the original in 720p they're painfully 2D and pixelated. It's close to looking good but the hardware really held it back.

If it weren't so fucking low-res and shitty pixel though, yeah the art design was nice.

I liked Daybreak's box more. The new frigate design is pretty cool and it was nice to be able to look at it

>First for our hottest waifu

343 panel at pax east today:

youtu.be/U6HxXDq8ClM

>and here she is in gameplay:

youtu.be/0Y0UYIKJr6E

This is my issue with a lot of halo 4's skyboxes. Coming from 3 and reach especially, it is very obvious that the skyboxes are much less quality in a technical sense.

Artistically they are fine, but they get held back by being 2D cutouts with jagged pixel edges that you can see without zooming. 3&Reach had AMAZING detailed 3D skyboxes, (and bungie continued that trend in destiny even though the rest of that game was pretty bad)

It makes me wonder why they put stuff in like that so low-res. Surely making the mountains or something a little higher res so they aren't pixel-art tier wouldn't have strained the console so much?

I remember in Reach doing all the out-of level exploration glitches and being amazed at how massive and detailed the environments were. And the skyboxes themselves with giant cloud formations and stuff looked great, even zoomed in on.

Maybe it's a bit of an autistic rant but it's something I've always wanted to properly discuss on here, especially with how often people say "Halo 4 had the best graphics on Xbox 360" when really it fell short even to its predecessors.

There are exceptions of course, like this nice screenshot from last thread, but it's still lower quality overall. Like all those hills in the back are just 2D cutouts.

>People liking something from Halo 4
What is this sorcery? 4 was trash.

4 had some good things to it, one of which was its maps.

No, nothing from Halo 4 is good. Period.

I disagree.

4 wasn't all bad. The multiplayer had many LARGE cancerous tumors that required a lot of effort to be cut out. So basically the entire matchmaking was fucked.

(Seriously, the maps don't even have weapons placed on them by default. They expected everyone to enjoy Ordinance THAT much.)

Solace is one of my favorite maps aesthetically, and I do quite like exile but it's annoying how objects in the distance turn to poo and the grass dissapears after 2 feet. Plus, I've never really been able to play a proper BTB match on it considering how there's no variants with normal weapon and vehicle spawns.

As for the campaign, I didn't like it at all, it was quite shit.

>tfw trying to get all the variants of the 4 maps in MCC that have weapons on map
So far I have almost half of them. The struggle is real

Halo 4s maps were also awful, though. It's tough to choose which is worse between 4 and 5, I don't even consider adding Reach in to the debate because it was 99% Forge maps.

Speak for yourself.
Halo 4 has my favorite maps after 2.
It's just terrible that infinity slayer renders them pointless

Is Sleep playing? He pretty much won Evo last year using only arby.

Well, I disagree with that too, at least in the sense of BTB. I didn't play standard very often

Who /hijacking nightingales/ here?

On the map abandon, there's birds flying above if you look up. They're all flying in the same direction.

What are they running from?

Exile is a cramped map with little room for vehicles. The middle base is also a clusterfuck for grenades. I see Exile getting praise but I really don't understand why. I think features like No Descope made Halo 4s maps feel even worse too, since people moved around less and clung to cover more.

Halo 4s BTB is even worse than 5s which was an afterthought. Awful cramped maps which you could barely use vehicles in, spawnable plasma pistols. I miss BTB. Reachs highlights for me were BTB heavies and Invasion

He plays tomorrow, today is Last Chance Qualifiers.

Hey me too. I've been going in the Halo 4 playlist and hoping randoms vote for Legendary slayer.

It doesn't always work. Fucking randoms with shit taste voting infinity slayer.

I've got 4 or 5 of them now, though.

I've thought about just forging weapon spawns on myself but I know I'd do a shit job

I think given Halo 5s BTB had no effort put into it and it was still kind of alright, I think 6 could have a return to form for BTB if they actually put some dev time into it. Halo 5 was made for Competitive Arena play and the rest of the multiplayer suffers

It seems like 343 are finally starting to wake up and realise that people don't like them messing with pretty much everything since they got their hands on the franchise. They're slowly edging back towards classic gameplay, reverting back to a more classic art style in 6, adding black undersuits in 6. We might actually get a Halo game with 6.

I hope they bring back classic sound effects, they butchered quite a lot of iconic weapons and sounds like plasma grenades, plasma pistols, the warthog etc.

>I think given Halo 5s BTB had no effort put into it and it was still kind of alright, I think 6 could have a return to form for BTB if they actually put some dev time into it. Halo 5 was made for Competitive Arena play and the rest of the multiplayer suffers
Actually all of it suffers because 5 is probably the least new-player friendly halo game. They backpeddled too far from 4 and as a result nobody wants to play the arena because it has such a strong git gud stigma attached to it, even in the social playlists.
It's a shame because it's really well balanced.

I actually kind of agree.
I enjoy 5's multi now that I'm somewhat proficient in it but man, the road getting there was just suffereing. Not fun at all.
In the older games even when my team was getting stomped I still always enjoyed the match.

Why do people always ask the most retarded questions in Q&A?
They should've asked stuff like:
>Matchmaking for blitz FF when?
>Flood/promethean as DLC?
>What's the DLC campaign gonna be about?

Instead we got that fucking idiot kid asking for Forge's ramming line of dialogue.

This so much.
I have literally nobody to play 5 with now because all my friends that bought it have dropped it because it was too sweaty for them.

Yeah, same. I've got the legendary variants of Skyline, Abandon, Pitfall, Haven, and I think maybe one more so far.

Any I've got that you want? I could put them on my file share. I remember there was one I saw in the matchmaking once that I really wanted, but unfortunately nobody voted for it, and the name is escaping me.

>Halo 3 Anniversary
>Halo 3 and its entire multiplayer with the H2 anniversary engine and graphics
>Retail: 40$ or 30$ if purchased as an add-on for MCC

Day 1 buy, but it probably won't happen.

STOP, its not gonna happen.

That would be glorious... assuming they fix MCC

>MCC

It won't happen. Even 343's community manager admitted that MCC is a "house of cards".

Anything they change about it is bound to break some other things even more.

>it won't happen
It was a hypothetical post.
We know in all likelihood it won't happen.

It's literally the Mario Kart 8 of Halo games.

It's extremely well balanced, but because of that there's nothing to stop the proficient from absolutely shitting on the newcomers, and the ranking system doesn't do enough to solve this issue.

I want to believe

>Halo 3 Anniversary is out
>Go buy it
>Install it in my Xbox
>See 343 logo
>Sell/return the game

Not there yet, but I'm getting there

Whose bright idea was it to change Anders?

Using H2As engine makes no sense. The game would feel off. H2As multiplayer was sadly trash too because they used a modified version of Halo 4s engine and it really showed plus loadouts.

So basically Halo 3 with the 2A campaign treatment. It will never happen, at least not for a long time. Halo 3 is a still a fantastic looking game besides character faces, we would need much stronger hardware to make a graphical leap like Halo 2 to H2A.

You play as both Kurt and the 3's.

>Opening level play as Lucy or Tom in the attack that killed all the S3's but them
>2nd Cutscene/Level is Kurt looking over data of the assault and does a flashback to you and Blue Team attacking the cruiser and getting blown away from the battle field and drifting off into darkness from 1st Person POV
>Play as the 3's doing wargames/training exercises
>When the Sentinels show up you go back to Kurt who chooses his 3 armor and joins up with Kelly
>Fight through Onyx against Covies and Sentinals
>The final scene of the game where everyone but Kurt jumps into the core and Kurt setting of the nuke and telling the Elite that "Spartans never die."

It would make for a pretty neat game if they made stealth a key part of the game. Also they could introduce a "rage" mode which turns you into a bullet sponge for 10 seconds as a way of incorporating the 3's deficiency.

I mostly just want to see that final moment in action rather then read off the page.

I mean, I'd love to see it play out, but the sentinels on onyx had shields that were nearly impenetrable to small arms fire and had weapons way more powerful than the ones in the games

Mocap

>ywn get a high quality CGI movie of GoO

You really don't. Upgraded visuals have more to do with art style than textures.

But I agree with the point about we probably won't get it for a while.
As someone in the last thread said, it will probably be the fans that do it.

You can choose 1 cutscene from Halo 3 to be done by Blur, which do you choose?

youtube.com/watch?v=rPAAmr899i4

I'd choose the one where they listen to Cortanas message on the ship.

Everything between "Floodgate" and "The Ark"

Anyone want to play some h5? I want to do the mythic warzone firefight, but im down for anything

REACHED!

Normally I would say yes but with the time change tonight I should probably just go to sleep.

God damn i can your gaping vagina from here. Pussy ass fuckfairy

Remember, glassed planets have bad records.

WHY WAS IT NOT DESTROYED WITH THE REST OF THEIR FLEET?

Was the Rookie dying the biggest fuck you in 343 owned lore?

Yes

He deserved to live a quiet life after we played him and he made it through Mombasa

And I don't mean retiring and riding off into the sunset, I just mean we didn't need to hear anything about him again

He did live a quiet life. He never said shit.

I will never understand how people got so attached to his mute ass.

It's on the list.

Because he's a playable protagonist. It means our fighting and effort in the game was ultimately for nothing, cast aside in a shitty book.

It's like how people would be upset if they killed Arbiter or something

Nobody got mad when 6 died, though. Because of the whole "from the beginning, you knew the end" thing.

I disagree with almost all of this

and 6 went out fighting his hardest on a doomed planet, rookie just gets shot by some fucking innies

Literally the most overrated armor ever. It got way too much praise becuase it wasn't as generic as the other armor.

I don't mind it since it was a tribute for Dead or Alive 4. Thought at the time, a surprising amount of people didn't know about that.

I like it when developers pay homage to each other like that.

When were you when Halo saved the RTS genre?

Can't save that which is already dead sadly.

I just want it because the 10 year anniversary is coming up

Halo CE and Halo 2 both got their's released for their 10 year birthday.. But if a remaster of Halo 3 gets released for it's 15th anniversary, I'm gonna feel cheated

I'm OCD about it

just stop
we have this shit every fucking thread

wccftech.com/343-development-director-halo-3/

halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/82841d11296340069f6b8e3ccbfcee11/topics/halo-3-anniversary-is-officially-not-happening/5104fc1a-64b4-4018-8e67-01545391733f/posts

see

ITS NOT HAPPENING

It fled
Like a BITCH

How do you guys feel about Frank O'Connor and Brian Reed as writers?

Anyone here still play Reach?

I think calling Brian Reed a writer is a stretch

Did he have dialogue in the book?

Nah

>Brian Reed as Writer

I'd rather they removed Story from Halo if this has to happen again

Reed is out
Frankie has said lots of stupid stuff before, like about Blue Team and his defense of the all new all retarded Cortana, but IRIS is one of the best written additions to the series

H3A will happen and anyone who says otherwise is covering it up.

But what's the point of it?

>"what 343 can do to fix halo" videos are still being made TODAY

why have you been sticking around for so long? theyve almost owned halo for a decade now, Its dead already kek

For people still playing, how do people like the new radar 343 is testing out in halo 5?

>every time we try to discuss a hypothetical H3A there's always someone shouting "HURR IT'S NOT HAPPENING! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT"

We know it's probably not happening, but it's starting to sound like there's people that actually would be upset if it did happen.

>For people still playing, how do people like the new radar 343 is testing out in halo 5?
It's just another bandaid fix for sprint. I'll be fair and say it does help address the problem a but more, but ultimately there wouldn't be a problem in the first olaylce if it wasn't there in the first place.

There's always a few people trying to ruin everyone's fun and make the general miserable

Well get an anniversary campaign it just probably won't be this year. Instead it will be a fan project like SPV3 down the road.
The anniversary won't be ignored completely though. It's likely we will get a Playlist in 5 similar to what we got for CE's anniversary with Reach.

Money

Do you prefer 343's Halo to Bungie's Halo?

>Do you prefer 343's Halo to Bungie's Halo?

God this place has hit rock bottom

At least you wernt a dinofag

Is standoff the best Halo 3 DLC map?

Fireteam Osiris is the best thing about Halo’s story and one of the best additions to the Halo universe in the last 14 years.

Prove me wrong.

Nah i'm good