Honda Civic

Why do you all hate honda civic?

You know why.

So, no reason at all?

Not everyone here hates civics, but they should.

Because everyone here would get smoked by a stock type R

Ugly as sin
Shitty CVT if you want an auto
Even bigger than a Mazda 3

I only hate post 2000 civics because honda gave up.

F

Because they're not worth anything until they're worth $3000. Then they're priceless.

Almost literally

8th-gen civic is the last good one.

this

This... but also this.
8th gen coupes are the only post 2000's Civics I like.

only in europe

Because Honduh is a shadow of its former self.

This is Veeky Forums in a beautiful, and possibly accidental analysis

I don't hate them, I just don't want one.

They're boring, ugly, and overpriced for what they are. The Mazda3 beats the normal Civic at its own game, and the Focus ST BTFOs the SI.

I wouldn't even go that far. I owned an 8th SI and it was terrible. Not only was it slow and boring, it was also horribly built, with multiple annoying interior rattles within a few years, an A/C condenser that blew up in the middle of traffic, and a 3rd gear with a grinding problem that Honda refused to acknowledge even though they'd recalled previous years for the exact same issue. I got rid of it as soon as the warranty expired.

Same size irc. Mazda has less engine room trunk room interior room and shit aftermarket. I have both.

They look like shittier with each generation.

Same could be said with a lot of flagships.

>Bought a 1996 Civic 1.4iS EJ9 for $1300 3 years ago.

>Not a spot of rust, immaculate suspension and interior.

>Put something like 40 000 miles on it.

>Started to burn oil (no smoke though but drinks about a quart every 600 miles).

>Bought a new engine for $120 swapped it for 20 bucks renting a winch from a mates garage.

>It averages 47mpg highway and 35mpg city.

>It's easy as fuck to park, excellent visibility, low tax and insurance.

>It's very light on its feet, nimble and near to none understeer on my Falken 195/45/16 tires

I hated the damned thing in the begging, now I can't bring myself to part with it. I can't quantify what makes a good car but goddamn if this doesn't come close

Last gen Civic is actually longer than last gen Mazda 3

I hate on it simply because I am yet to find a Honda driver who isn't an annoying faggot.

Last gen Civic Sedan is 178" long, last gen Mazda sedan is 181" long.

but i have an honda civic

its a perfectly great daily driver

>just buy a 3000 civic and shut up fag

I own an 8th gen manual. Non-si. A total blast to drive. Never had any problems with it.

Because the 90s civics had character. I hated them too because of the boy racer crowd but fell in love when I tried one out so I bought one.

The newer ones are trash have driven an EP and FD and they suck balls.

All the beaners in my area drive them

GO

8th gen si owner here, its a good econobox.. you can actually floor the car in the city (unlike more powerful cars). Cheap on gas, cheap parts and reliable. Its actually a great shitbox/econobox. Just dont mod it

Because it's a slow piece of FWD shit.

Love Civics. Have one myself.

Got almost 30 US mpg last tank with winters on. (Didn't hit VTEC even once)

They're nice little cars. And can be a lot of fun when you push them.

Whenever people race civics, why is it always the hatchbacks?

eastern europe?

Can confirm.

They're slow boring fwd shitboxes driven by poor people, racebro ricers, and minorities? I'd rather drive a v6 mustang than a civic

>tfw I DO drove a V6
>considering picking up a 70k mike '07 civic for $3k for DD
It's tough.

I don't hate it, I hate the people who drive them
and think they're fast.
My mom's stock NA6 is faster.

>shitboxes driven by poor people
>Buys a v6 mustang

Oh the irony

Pls don't laugh at my V6 ;_;

>if you want an auto

fucking lmao

>tfw drive an 8th gen civic si coupe

Fuckin' jej me laddy

love your car, get a manual

Jealousy

>RWD boyracer: haha, i got a v6 mustang/350z for 10k prepare to be smo-wait your civic was $10k including mods and professional installation and has 400hp? nevermind i'm gonna go race a BRZ because only RWD counts.
>fucking FWD
>real cars aren't FWD
>i'm so glad i didn't buy some stupid FWD econbox. i bet it has a spacious trunk. gay. i'd rather an LS1 miata.
>;_;

>things that never happen

yeah, RWD boyracers either actually think they have a chance and only crawl back to their corner of the internet after being BTFO by a fucking civic, or don't even pretend they could win and go on and on about how well their miata handles in corners and how FR is the real cornering man's layout and road feel bla bla bla

>civic posts a better laptime
>rwd tears

Because how am I supposed to go off road and camp with that thing? How do I haul a canoe? Where do put all my gear?

There are a ton of reasons, OP.

>go off road
drive around the big holes
>haul a canoe
on top
>put all my gear
in the trunk and in the seating area

That's not what I said you retarded foreigner

I camp and drive off road fine in my civic

I love my civic. Best $100 I've ever spent. Sure it has no 2nd gear but it's cheap to run and serves it's purpose well.

My auto 8th gen lx sedan with hfp suspension is more fun to drive than my 3.8 genesis coupe. It feels like a bare bones shitbox with road feel after driving new cars.

I think that's part of their charm. They're like go karts you can have in traffic

mazda 3? are you high? Mazda gave up long ago.

"Offroad" doesn't mean on a gravel forest access road, fellas. And yea you could keep some gear in your trunk, and that's fine for getting to the trailhead for a backpacking trip, but what about when you're wanting to go over landing? Can't exactly do that in a little Civic which can't do shit when navigating difficult terrain.

>кyпил cи e Cивик

>implying the miata is the funnest road legal go cart available.

I have a 6 speed 2016 sedan as a daily driver and I don't hate it. But I would if it was my only car.

>v6 moosetang
You wanna know how I know your retarded? Go ahead ask me.