/eog/ - EVE Online General

720mm of Pure Minmatar Freedom Edition.
>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>[March 14]
>Improved Probe System, new Cormorant design.
>Balance Tweaks: Focused Warp Scrambling Script
>Balance Tweaks: Fighters, Supercarriers & Burst Projectors
>Mobile Warp Disruptor changes
>Rorqual and Mining changes
>Mining Drone Specialization skill and T2 Mining Drones

>[April]
>CONCORD Ships

Past:
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/60711833/
zkillboard.com/kill/60720170/
zkillboard.com/kill/60352983/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cumming inside Jamyl's tight teen pussy.

>wanting to stick your dick inside a drifter cum dump on her 9th pregnancy

>new to EVE
>Playing in a small WH corp
>no one does anything in the actual hole, all chat communications between the corp members are HEY DO WE HAVE A HS CONNECTION YET

this game sucks ball

so find a better corp ffs

Can't get on

>Have all 4 racial frigate skills at level 4
>Want to fly stealth bomber, interceptor, and t2 scanning ships
>Paralyzing indecision keeps me from picking one to take to level 5
Help.

EVE is only as boring as you are.
If you drag yourself into something that is not fun, then stop doing it.

do all to V.
I would recommend Gallente first, solid tackle ceptor, solid combat ceptor, ok bomber, top tier scanner.

Then Minmatar or Amarr depending on which bomber or logi frig you want.
Caldari for last.

Amarr, malediction best interceptor and purifier best bomber.

wew lad
zkillboard.com/kill/60711833/

>officer mods

>return after 6 month hiatus
>undock my barely functional raven
>remember I'm in a 'small newbie friendly corp :^)'
>get jumped on the first gate

Leaving the corp after 1 week is kinda shitty boys, i don't know

only if you do it for no reason or if you did it to take advantage of them

if you are truly having no fun, they will understand.
Just tell them ahead of time that you are not enjoying wormholes and want to give everything else a try.

New player, am I supposed to be getting shakes and adrenaline rushes from PVP? Because I am and no other game has ever caused this.

>mfw grid loads

yes
just die more and it will go away over time

I'm a 2005 player and I still get adrenaline rush and sometimes tunnel vision during PvP. Fleet fights doesn't count.

its the only reason why I still play

been playing since 2010
I still get it
it's the only game where I get that feeling

>tfw too intelligent to pvp

Daily reminder the moros has no advantages over the naglfar

cool
fly the nag then

buff the moros

maybe later
use the nag for now goy

Feels bad I should just hurry up and get my dread all into a bus

>not bringing links
>not bringing caps
>not getting bridged

>I got an idea
>lets make guns on a ship with less range, cap usage so bad it'll cap out the ship and less performance than another ship

>no point
>no grappler

>point
>capital

>he doesn't solo drop his caps
fucking nullbabs

>thrasher, wreathe, every other minmatar ship
>edgelord spikes for no fucking reason
this isn't sansha's nation fuck off

Man projectile falloff is weird

Fuck the retards saying you need a point and grappler

you can't track shit with capital guns, use HAWS if you want to track shit

>anti cap weapons on a solo nag

Enjoy dying.

>HAWS

>+30 jumps to buy a skillbook

>40 days to competently fly torp bomber

high angle weapon systems

>not having a jita jump clone

>tfw you used to play Dayz Mod
>tfw the constant loss of hard-earned items has desenitised you to any and all video-game related combat
>tfw don't even get angry at lag any more, just bemused

I honestly can't understand how people in this game still sperg out when they are in Blob fleets and other semi-end game content, why did they not welp more frigates early on?

>want to go out and welp cheap frigates
>don't really like any of the t1 frigates

All the more reason to go out and get them blown up.

>sit in front of citadel at 5k
>guns have 3k range
>literally cannot hit a stationary target that covers half your field of view
huh

huh

Fly the Incursus

>NC
>good
zkillboard.com/kill/60720170/

Y-you do understand how falloff works, right? right?

He's saying its fucking retarded because what is stopping it from hitting, it takes up his whole field of view and its in space, not asking about game mechanics

Really makes you think

You could say that for tons of shit in Eve that doesn't make sense in regards to real life. Who cares?

What's hard to understand? You're that shit

>What's hard to understand?
I dunno, I should be asking you that. Reading comprehension nor brains a strong point of yours, huh

Just a joke. Autism is clearly your strong point m80

poe's law sorry

zkillboard.com/kill/60352983/

>Hauling 1.3b out of Jita in a completely unfit t1 indy, what could go wrong?

Join Dronelands today! Quiet space for ratting, cheap rent systems. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for you.

I'd rather have 2 decent systems than 4 shit ones

>can fly helios
>refuse to
It's just too ugly
help

>stratops
>defense fleets
>structure bashing

>ugly
take it back.

Fly the buzzard then

look at that face
look at those eyes
the eyes of a ship begging to be freed from this mortal coil of pain and suffering

Space has friction though, falloff is still a thing, along with the gravity of orbital bodies pulling the projectile off-course.

Is the Lif better than mino?

>eve
>realistic physics

There are a good number if situations where Eve is fucking retarded, but weapon falloff as a principal, along with altered falloff for certain weapons is not too bad.
I would just rather the system altered your falloff in relation to your distance to an orbital body, wouldn't be too hard to implement imho.

what's the difference between EANM and ANP? From what it seems EANM is always better

>Frigates become easier to hit if they're going sanic fast

Fitting.

in-universe 'drag' is explained as warp drives constantly dragging on spacetime even when not engaged (higgs anchor)
I guess you can think of optimal as the range the tracking computer can reliably track and hit a target, and falloff as the range where the tracking computer stops being able to compensate

Is there a comprehensive list of all weapon "calibers", as it were? For example, small blasters alone have electron, ion and neutron, I can't be fucked to track down every one of them, and market groups are too cluttered with meta modules
thanks

>Ospreys create energy out of literally nothing

Except falloff and optimal is altered by weapon choice along with ship, implying it is affected both by onboard targeting systems and muzzle velocity, projectile mass, etc

The 'drag' doesn't even get me too much, with a strange explanation, I wanna see orbital bodies moving in relation to each other, tac points rearranging, etc
Tbh I would even like to see wormholes being more dangerous, as in, you have to be over the event horizon to scan them, but you can put thrusters to full in order to hold off for a fleet to gather and such.

in pyfa/eft the bigger guns have more powergrid requirements

Yeh this is a meme, I wish it would be removed, but fuck it, CCP just wanted to trigger autists like us with this one.

Sunk costs fallacy right there.

Ask your self this:

Is the marginal benefit of staying one more day in the corp greater than the marginal cost of staying in the corp for one more day?

That makes your decision.

>Except falloff and optimal is altered by weapon choice along with ship, implying it is affected both by onboard targeting systems and muzzle velocity, projectile mass, etc
it's just hard to explain hitscan guns with real physics
orbital mechanics honestly doesn't belong in eve, aside from the problems with having to do all those calculations and bookmarks moving around
planets with rotating surfaces would be nice though
if you want orbital mechanics there's many different games with them

It will cool over time.

But no matter what, in every fight I'm in, the feeling is with me in the back of my head.

It's why I still play this game.

Why do orbital mechanics not belong?
I mean, the game has a retardedly steep learning curve as it is, why not make it just a little bit harder (and stop tac fags marking their entire systems) and be a total jizzfest for physicsfags and spacefags?
Rotating surfaces at the very least, and I would like to see space stations, gates, COs, ships, etc with some spin relative to each other, as obviously they would not be perfectly still when under such little affect from any one gravitational body.

>Why do orbital mechanics not belong?
the game just isn't designed for it
how would bookmarks work?
would they be relative to the nearest SOI or relative to the center of the solar system?

Bookmarks would be near pointless, as in, they only work at a certain time and date.
I would say make them relative to some "universal center", as retarded an opinion as that is, seeing as Eve appears to have most systems both explored, and static in relation to other systems.

oneiros

noiros

DED game.
>mfw FC says hold on gate and I jump anyway

Are marauders any good for doing sites?

>Balle is in TiDi
???

carriers do a better job at the same cost

>guardians gala skin
>cool silver/grey camo theme that transitions to some sort of shitstain glossy red
Why did they have to add the red it was fine without the red now it looks shit
jesus christ CCP

hml bellicose

Join ASCEE

>anti-scam announcement for newbros on Eve Gate main corp page

Just Goons, doing Goons things.

xmas theme, spergo

i've just downloaded isk per hour and i've copied the bpc list from a contract is there a way to import into IPH and figure out the profit?

They cant fuck you once you're in so they gotta do it before you can join.

>le recruit scam meme