youtube.com/watch?v=B1iGiyYMINQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AiZ_96qMu9c
youtube.com/watch?v=uUgIcavXeZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=XLVm-tS7ips
youtube.com/watch?v=xk3bpHuNmUk
youtube.com/watch?v=cCyGSpJCOKI
youtube.com/watch?v=cRoJ3VIHm5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rear ended some virginia jackals when he psrked his Fucking car on the interstate. Not on the shoulder, in the fucking road. Anyway, car starts up fine but if it idles for a few minutes the coolant starts to boil and smoke. Estimated repair cost?

what year/make is your car?

86 camaro

It's time for a new car.

Just got it 6 months ago. Fucking rip

Dude..... its totaled. 100%. I'm not kidding.

Engine and drivetrain?

Just sell what you can off it. Or keep them as spare parts if you plan to buy another one.

lol..... v6.

He's got a 135 hp 2.8 V6.

Nothing of value was lost here.

Sorry OP. Take the insurance money and get another.

Why do people feel the need to shit on anything that isn't a v8? I think all that matters in a car is if its fun to drive, looks okay, and doesn't rape the wallet on gas.

Dude, Im perfectly fine with modern v6s that make actual power. Everything before 2010 for Cameron and mustangs V6 wise was cancer.

What the FUCK is the purpose of a 135 hp v6 in a camaro? The only acceptable engine BY FAR in that car would be a 5.7.

Why does it matter? I'm not racing in it, I just drive it from a to b because I like it. I legitimately don't understand why so many people care so much about what's under the hood my car.

No one would care, if it wasn't a 3rd gen camaro. People know that as a muscle car.

>Everything before 2010 for Cameron and mustangs V6 wise was cancer.
Excuse me? Do I need to break out the 60* V6 lecture AGAIN?

The 2.8, 3.1 and 3.4 were fine. Sure they were underpowered. The 60* V6 development team was split into 2 teams, a FWD team and a RWD team. The RWD team always kept changing the displacement and little else while expecting bigger results. The FWD team wasn't afraid to completely redesign parts to make power.
You can take the 2.8, 3.1, or 3.4 from the 82 to early 95 F-bodies, swap the heads/intake manifolds from a newer FWD 3100/3400, and actually make more power.
pic related. a 94 3.4L with 3100 heads/manifolds. Due to the flat top pistons of the RWD engines, the resulting compression ratio is higher IIRC, leading to the 3.4 hybrid to make around 200 HP.
wot-tech.com/gen-1/gen-3-hybrid-setup.html

That's actually really interesting

Oh yea. And you can dump money into them to make them fast too if you know what you're doing.
youtube.com/watch?v=B1iGiyYMINQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AiZ_96qMu9c
youtube.com/watch?v=uUgIcavXeZ8

So dont get a muscle car buy a nice honda next time sissy boy

>implying the 305 V8 was better at making power than the 2.8/3.1/3.4 because it had 2 more cylinders
confirmed for knowing nothing

Sorry op, if by some miracle it doesn't have frame damage or engine bay is warped. You'll still have to replace the whole front end. If you have the money and you really love the car it can be fixed. Might need to get it on a frame machine, etc. But it'll cost more than you paid for it most likely.

Kek. I'm happy with what I drive, I just dont get why people get so eliteist about it. Im not fucking competing with you or anyone. I drive what I drive for me. If you want to measure dick size, go ahead, but I'm not about that.

you can actually make a good amount of power out of a 305 very easily with very cheap parts if you rebuild it

definitely better than any of the V6s if you're serious about it

Man I paid 600 for it. Getting a new exhaust cost more than what I paid.

Without touching displacement with stroker kits, the 305 tops out around 300 HP.
power per size, the V6's are actually better bang for the buck.
The 305 V8 is trash at making power, primarily because of its extreme undersquare design. Look at the V6's, they're all oversquare. and that 3100/3400 top swap I mentioned? Those heads and manifolds are aluminum, flow really well, and feature splayed valves. Last I checked, you couldn't get that for the 305 without spending more money than just dropping in a better 350. The 305 is considered shit for a reason. It doesn't like to rev or make power.

check the suspension alinement's
and follow the crooks back to the mounts

I really appreciate you not being an asshole.
What am I looking for, exactly? We collided at 35 mph so I really dont think there's gonna be a lot of frame bending, but I'm also not a mechanic.

>I really appreciate you not being an asshole.
I have a low tolerance for stupidity. This isn't stupidity I'm dealing with though. It's ignorance.

>What am I looking for, exactly? We collided at 35 mph so I really dont think there's gonna be a lot of frame bending, but I'm also not a mechanic.
Camaros are unibody. Any insurance company in their right mind is gonna total it. Just keep it for parts and buy another V6 Camaro or Firebird on the cheap.

I owned one before I junked it. The v6 one i used to see around my area just sounded lame. Also any muscle car without a v8 should just be associated with the makers name not the model

Why are you thinking about dicks fago? Its true tho v6 muscle is a joke no matter how fast you make it go

as long as the frame isnt fucked you should be good, replacement parts for them are fairly cheap, probably find a whole front clip at the wreckers.

>The v6 one i used to see around my area just sounded lame
change the exhaust. Those V6's can sound amazing with the right set of pipes
youtube.com/watch?v=XLVm-tS7ips

I'm actually gay so nice try, butt boy. Like I said before, I Don't care about speed, it looks nice and its fun to drive around. Im not a formula 1 driver and I don't like paying tickets so its plenty fast for me.

you where fucked the second you bought a 3rd gen

you had fucked up shit before

now you have some bent fucked up shit

I had minimum coverage. At fault, insurance aint touching shit. Its all on me so ill have it looked at for frame damage.

>Gay
>drives a V6 Camaro
Marry me.

any bent control arms or a arms
and at least with sub frames you can check the distance between points to see how far off spec they are

cars can be straitened but its not really worth it
the metal is weaker and the frame will never ride quite right again

Aight

>Camaro
>muscle car
>ever
no

Why is everyone on Veeky Forums gay or a furry

M8, why no dash cam? You could have proved it's his fault for stopping on the road

>(1009×2)-1
>People still like to get jewed

You're getting hilariously few real answers

Rip off the passenger fender and smashed headlight to get a look at how bad the structure underneath is damaged. If it's unclear, pull off the driver's side so you have something to compare it to. Also figure out where the breach in the cooking system is.

You may be able to just swap in a new light/fender/hood and be done. If the radiator support is damaged that gets a lot trickier...you could pull it but it'll never be perfect. Then again, a 3rd gen v6 will never be perfect anyway sooo

Funny thing is, I had one but my mongoloid froend broke it getting into my car.

Frame is probable fucked, but it's hard to say. Radiator is definitely kill though. It's probably more cost effective to buy another car. This one is going to have problems even if you get it running again.

Just looked on Craigslist. Nigga selling a much better body same year same engine type just without engine and trans. I could buy that body for 500 and just swap my shit over. Problem solved, boys. Pic related, its the body

Don't assume that your engine is okay. A lot can happen to hot metal in a collision.

Leggo

Ill have it looked at, of course but if its okay, this is definitely a good option, right? This engine only has 50k on it, itd be a shame to scrap it.

>but if its okay, this is definitely a good option, right?
Oh yea. if a mechanic says it checks out, it should be good to go. If you can, keep your old car around so you have cheap spare parts when you need them

Its a christmas miracle

It's basically reshelling a car. MCM did an episode on it. Their car of choice was a Subaru Legacy wagon turbo, but the same principles apply.
youtube.com/watch?v=xk3bpHuNmUk

3.4 liter making 200hp, after changing heads and shit, not even stock. if you're going to go to all that work, what's the point. It's impressive for a v6 of the time, but a fucking Honda legend from the early 90's males 230hp out of a 3.2 liter v6 in a grandma barge stock.

We're also talking pushrods here and 2 valves per cylinder so try to keep the tech comparisons on a similar level.

The same logic should then apply. Why bother with something that literally comes stamped with PROPERTY OF SMITHSONIAN.
Is the end goal being power or just era and technological inferiority correct?

There was a DOHC 4 valve per cylinder variant (LQ1, 3.4L, 200-210 HP, 215-220 lb-ft, severely detuned from factory to save automatic transmissions in FWD cars) but it's a pain in the ass to work on because the heads are so massive.

That's not to say there isn't an inherent advantage of keeping it sweet and simple, just saying.

The 3.4 DOHC is a common swap into Pontiac Fieros because it literally bolts right in in place of the 2.8L and bolts up to the same transmission... But just look how crammed the engine bay is.
youtube.com/watch?v=cCyGSpJCOKI

Makes a great noise though.
youtube.com/watch?v=cRoJ3VIHm5U

it's a beater v6. just scrap it. You could buy another for the repair cost.
you tripfriend, are a different breed of autist. gm 60°v6 is an anchor, the tacked on dohc setup is ford 4.0 ohc retarded. absolutely not worth doing anything but maintaining or removing for a better motor.

>gm 60°v6 is an anchor,
No, that would be the 3800 series.

>absolutely not worth doing anything but maintaining
I absolutely agree. I owned a 3.4 DOHC.

>or removing for a better motor
Options for this are limited. The 3800 is a boat anchor I don't want to touch, much less recommend (for performance anyways. For an unmodified DD, sure). A warmed over 3400 or 3500 would be best IMO if you had to, but then you lose that scream that made the TDC V6 so unique.

Kek

Exactly, and the gutless v6 in these things is not fun to drive at all. It's not like it's a VQ engine.

You and I have different definitions of fun, friend

>parked in the middle of the interstate
Goddamn, I hate that shit
>car starts making unusual loud noises, rattles, hesitations and or vibration, or starts smoking
>hurr durr this is fine I'll just keep going instead of pulling over and seeing wtf is up with my car
>car dies in the middle of the freeway, jamming up thousands of cars
>lol my bad bro
People like that should be crushed in their cars.

Not even broken down. He parked because of the rain. Fucking inexcusable

I'm neither but like anime, so still a degenerate in some form.

What

Replace car

There is no fun to be had. It's not a light, chuckable car, it's a fucking Camaro. Camaros must have v8s with decent hp to break the rear end loose whenever you want or to take off like a rocketship.

I dont wamt to take off like a rocketship though. And again, what I find fun, you may not.
>inb4 "if you don't want to take off like a rocketship youre not a real man / don't drive a camaro kys"

Dude just look at this thread. It's proof positive that v6 cameras are literally for faggots. They LOOK masculine but they actually aren't. Make a note of it.

> trying this hard to prove your masculine superiority
Kek

I'm not trying to prove anything I'm pointing out that this thread about V6 camaros brought two gay dudes together. This is not a coincidence.

If it's important to you, do it. Fuck everyone saying this or that is shit. It's your car and if you're not ready/don't want to part with it more power to you man.

Thank you, this guy gets it

What do you find fun to drive about a v6 third gen camaro, then? It does nothing even remotely well.
Masculine this or that is retarded, a v6 if that year just has no redeeming value.

>LQ1 swap
I'm not aware of any that actually run. A few have been tried and the project gets to about the point of figuring out what to do about accessories and the wiper motor and stalls.

Kinda too bad because I think a good V6/5 speed Third Gen would be great for casual fun on back roads.

You know why its fun? Faster than my old butt shit Saturn. I can cruise into town with the t tops off. I can ride around in a car that I like that's reliable, isn't expensive to insure, doesn't break the bank on gas. I just like the car okay? Can that be good enough? And it does do things well, it always starts, the air conditioning works, it drives me to and fro. It does everything a car needs to do. Can you guys seriously get the fuck over yourselves.

>Camaros must have v8s with decent hp to break the rear end loose whenever you want
reminder that the hybrid V6 setup mentioned here:
makes more power than the 305 5.0L V8

So your argument falls apart.

I honestly don't know what's stopping them. For the most part, accessories are interchangeable with its pushrod sister engines.

>makes more power than the deliberately gimped v8
Shocking

>305
>gimped
It's just a shit V8 for making power.
Reminder the 305 was the only way to get a V8 manual transmission car in the third gen.

Yes, the 305 was a deliberately gimped design for fuel economy/emissions in the 80s. Chevy knew how to make a fast 5.0 with the DZ302, they did it backwards with the 305 to protect the glass manual trans they had and for muh mpgs.

agreed. The DZ302 was a high revving masterpiece though. I wish Chevy had kept the 302 in their line up and never made the 305 since it would've tackled Ford's 302 more head-on without resorting to the 350.

No idea. Probably about like all those turbo projects that get to the point of needing the details worked out causing the project to sit for years and then be scrapped.