/mcg/ - Minecraft General:Conspiracy Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5yz82l/who_exactly_owns_who_who_owns_curse_what_features/
asie.pl/files/minecraft/classcachetweaker-0.1.0-alpha2.jar
github.com/asiekierka/ClassCacheTweakerMC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

UM I WAS WONDERING UM

WUT’S DA WECOMMENDED AMOUNT OF DEDOTATED WAM I SOULD HAFTA SURVURRR

Basically the modmaker wants to be able to use their mod as a kitchen sink in their game.
It's purely a retarded and selfish thing.

Isn't that the mod that has the 9001% efficiency furnace?

best youtubers to watch for specific mod introductions and the such?

Anyone who keeps relatively up to date videos, and isn't (entirely) cancer
So basically just any random faggot you can find whose voice doesn't immediately make you want to kill yourself

If the mod makers themselves upload any videos that's usually a better choice

This game isn't dead yet?

They tried to kill the modding scene and it worked for a while, but it's looking like that's not gonna stick for too much longer
The game itself won't die for decades, this thing made enough money to put mojang on the same level as most first-party console developing companies, and they're not going to give up that gravy train any time soon

Would send Lu Bu to invade/10 pretty good work, user.

When I used to play this back in the day there was a program I used to use to see a top down look at your world save file so you could see your mines and nearby biomes etc, is that still around for 1.11?

user if you just want a top-down view of your world there are literal minimap mods that show you that shit in real time in-game

You know, I realized that it might be nice to have pseudo-official /mcg/ pack(s).
There are a lot of newfags, and while shitty quest packs try to act a tutorial for mods, they don't often do well because they're gimmicky and shit.

So I was thinking about whipping up quest packs that actually have effort put into them (for multiple versions) that act as a guide for newfags so that
>when really lazy faggots who can't be assed to make their own pack ask what pack should I play they can get a good answer that isn't only hobo/private version of ts2's pack
>vanillafriends who feel daunted by heavily modded minecraft can learn how to autism without being forced to join a serb and be guided
As well as providing a showcase for lesser known mods, and highlighting some buggy features in known ones (magneticraft shelves).

I think that's Mystical Agriculture, some sort of 1.10 port of Magical Crops that looks like complete shit because of 32x textures.

It looks like shit because of the way oversized models and thick, dark outlines

I'm gonna take a break and finish the whole castle thing whenever I find time again.
keep building, folks.

>Techguns mobs don't spawn in EBXL biomes
Well fug. How do I fix that? I want zombies shooting at me all day.

Page 10.

which serb?

What happened to the greek monastery in the mountain? Is it gonna be in the game?

ComputerCraft is dead. I am sad.

Dan200 is going to open-source it and take a job somewhere. That means some leech in the circlejerk will take it over and suck up all the Cursebucks while making stupid FTB-benificial changes.

how many times have you used anything other than turtles from computercraft?

Apparently this Aura Locus has some hidden uses, but here's one notable one.

If you have any automatic farms nearby, you're going to get TONS of produce.

>he doesn't use terminals and lua and the rednet interface

It's also a powerful mob deterrent too, and the range of this thing is super ridiculous, I think it can even attack through walls.

>the greek monastery in the mountain? Is it gonna be in the game?
There's a small Greek-ish monastery in the PVP town, next to the arena.
The temple of Fates was supposed to be a whole expansion on its own, like the flying castle. You'd go in through the aqueducts, then cross the labyrinth and finally arrive to the underground ruins, where something less hack and slash, kinda like Tomb Raider was planned.
Is that the one you mean? because most likely never ever

I'm cringing already at how much misinformation will be posted in this thread:

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5yz82l/who_exactly_owns_who_who_owns_curse_what_features/

If you find any errors, please post here so they can be corrected.

No I mean a large one that was on a mountain.

There needs to be a good tutorials pack in general, /mcg/ or not. Do it, user

Maybe it was this one.
No idea what you mean, but if I posted a screenshot here then it will be here.

Haha! WG Primordial Armor has an effect that reflects any and all projectiles back at the shooter. Turns out that even works with bosses.

asie.pl/files/minecraft/classcachetweaker-0.1.0-alpha2.jar

Small experimental tool to cache post-transformation classes, speeding up Minecraft loading. Seeking testing (please run it twice - the first time, it generates the necessary classCache.dat file) and data on load time improvements. It should also work on 1.6.4 and 1.7.10.

Fine, why not. I love botnets.

Then I assume it was another user, now I recall it was based on Sumela Monastery and was similar to your castle.

You can find full information on the botnet here: github.com/asiekierka/ClassCacheTweakerMC

What are some of the better 1.10.2 mods? Not moving from 1.7.10, just want to change it up a bit.

Roots and Embers
Though those have moved onto 1.11.2

The Lumen faggot tree has been upgraded.

At first it was decent but it keeps looking more like disgusting rainbow vomit.

Ran it in a pack with 110 mods. First run was a boot time of about three minutes, second is probably 2 minutes, 15 seconds.

Thanks - sounds promising! What Minecraft version?

Also before I ever call it quits, I'm going to try to fill up this faggot tree with as much crystal energy as possible, then break the trunk and see what happens.

1.10.2, I haven't looked into the other versions, because I'm pretty sure the packs I have for those crash on load regardless.

Is Trainserb still a laggy pos? Tried a few weeks ago after a while, and it was worse than before.

That retarded energy shield actually gave me an idea
We need an exploration/adventure mod with a dimension and mechanics based on stuff like final fantasy crystal chronicles, where there's only a handful of safe places and you need to physically bring shit with you to survive outside of them, to go and get stuff to bring back to keep those areas safe

Doesn't seem to help much if you're on a toaster or don't have too much memory allocated to MC, my miracle 1.7.10 pack that runs 140 listed mods on 750 MB of allocated RAM went from a load time of roughly 6 minutes to 12+ on both the first and the following runs of that mod. Maybe I shouldn't be greedy about performance and be happy that this thing just works at all.

Looks like the overabundance of Ruskea from the turbocharged pylon is warping the tree.

Actually it might not be that, I think seeing that the final leaf have such a higher capacity, they are withering because there's too little energy for them to keep them alive.

How do I stop falling back to my bad building habits and accidentally doing the same shit every single time
It hurts make it stop

Im digging this.

It pretty much combines main apsects of elements.
I know it heals you (kurauri), attacks mobs at fuckhuge range (ruzova), fertilizes plants (kijani), removes debuffs (tahara)
No idea how other elements exhibit tho

Oh, yes, this mod (due to its nature) increases RAM usage by ~80MB on a large pack. Thereofre, if you're very RAM-constrained, it will NOT help your load time performance. Can't do much about it, sorry.

It looks like a fake movie set

I say it's a pretty good endgame MAWPC reward for all the shit you have to go through to get it.

Good Star Wars scene/10
why is Alf there, though?

Anyway, I'm going to try to craft this interesting thing now.

last time i seriously played minecraft was all the way back during 1.7.10
what have i missed?

traincraft updated to 1.7.10, new versions are garbage, nothing else

Thanks
>why is Alf there, though?
I did like in the tavern on ANH and placed random monsters hoping they would fit.

What i like the most is that it's really just a nice toy, and doesn't really provides anything game changing or absolutely necessary, meaning you can actually safely ignore it if you hate ChC endgame as much as i do.
By the way since you're calling it quits, can you check out Continent Shift ability? I never bothered and then forgot about it, then deleted the pack where i finished ChC
I'm interested how huge is the landmass you can move with it

Not much really, most of the modding scene is still on 1.7.10.

There's been a couple goodies for 1.10 like chisel & bits, valkyrien warfare, embers and roots. A handful of the essential mods updated as well but it's still largely not worth moving over for.

Of the top of my head 1.7 has techguns now. Unless you want to try out the couple decent new mods for 1.10 it's still a better idea to play 1.7 for the performance and raw number and variety of mods.

Basically you plop that thing down, it scans everything in huge radius and shows you the list of ores it found, then you just whack it with manipulator and it unearthes random ore off the list and drops near you. So, sort of teleport-quarry

That would be cool as fuck

Isn't that basically just Blightfall?

Noob from the last thread here, having lots of fun with the Thaumcraft research puzzles. I think I have almost all the elements unlocked now, and I got Research Mastery and the Deconstructing Table last night. Next up is Golemancy and some more wand stuff. I'm lucky, I guess - there are two Aura Nodes within 100 blocks of my house, and there's that sinister altar thing too. I have a Cauldron and I made a Primal Charm. Pic related is my Thaumcraft room - it needs prettified, but until I can set up a proper base it'll do.

Also, I got all the redundant ores and woods figured out! Yay me!

I'd love that. I'm having lots of fun figuring things out right now, but a well-made pack that introduces general mod concepts and how to work through trees would be amazing. Please do it.

Build replicas of really weird IRL buildings to get a feel for different angles, supports, and architecture styles. Try building something that looks good out of white wool, pink stained glass, pumpkins, jungle fence, and nether brick stairs, without using any of the architectural tropes you have in your other buildings. Make big ruins with smaller bases hidden inside them. Make stupidly overcomplicated walls with a bunch of layers, then render them down into something simpler. Walls because you don't have to make a whole building match them, and you can experiment more with a flat plane.

Post full house, it looks kinda comfy but the mess of blocks you got there kinda ruins it.

Try working with different materials and get inspo.

It looks like one of those fancy villager houses that Recurrent Complex adds.

Pic related is my base for now, I added the shitty chimney myself for the crucible.

Those blocks are for the Research Table, they give it bonuses or something. The house is one that spawned from Recurrent Complex, pic related. I need to actually build a base soon. First I need to figure out how to handle flux though. Should I turn on wuss mode until I have things figured out? I don't want to fuck up my very first ever modded world ireversibly.

Yeep

flux doesn't fuck anything up unless you spend dozens of hours throwing crafting tables into crucibles, and even if you do its not irreversible you just go somewhere else

*pokes with stick*

bamp

>tfw always wanted to make an interdimensional teleport hub since I started playing modded
>but never did because I quit every world around mid-game like a faggot

Fucking good shit senpai.

Those panels are from Matter Overdrive right? but do they also teleport? Also is the mod worth installing?

*rolls over*

>Those panels are from Matter Overdrive right?
yes
>but do they also teleport?
no
>Also is the mod worth installing?
yes

>is the mod worth installing?
The mod is decently documented, just depends entirely on how many bugs and crashes you want to deal with. The matter network stuff has a lot of broken inventory handling, like shift-clicking sends you back to the main menu with a packet handler exception or something. The whole thing feels really unfinished with the bugs and documentation not matching what's actually in the mod regarding that entire portion of the content. and I only fucked around for about half an hour and found all that out.

the guns seem to work, but who knows what'll happen on your end. its a case of 'works on my machine'.

the worst that could happen is you try it on a test world and you don't like it, and wind up removing it.

well actually the worst that could happen is you try it, like it, play with it for around ten hours and it bricks your save.

Age of Empires-esque mod/modpack when?

>have to climb tiers to unlock recipes, etc

the Quantus modpack has 'ages' of tech and shit which does that, somehow.
though not for design/theme reasons, its to keep powergamers from getting to """end-game""" and quitting in three days.

Looking to make a pack, is 1.11 decent yet or is 1.10 the way to go?

depends, if you want the classic tech mods 1.7.10, for the newer magic mods go 1.10

>is the mod worth installing?
If you're a muhbalancefag the legendary weapons/tool you can get from certain mobs/structures might be a bit triggering, also its kind of jampacked with poorly-handled references.

>those warp pods from EnderIO
Holy shit, fuck them.
>recipe is expensive as fuck
>makes 1
>you need 9 to form the whole thing

Hmm...let's try out this power.

The only blocks you can't pass/see through are ones that aren't mundane.

And one of the main crafting ingredients doesn't stack...

Went exploring and found this awesome floaty tower. Inside it is a dropper with dank loot over an illuminated glass floor.

The Far Lands are still a beautiful place.

I wonder if I can make an artificial Far Lands with RFTools? Only w/o the world-gen demanding wisps.

Is it another dimension?

I'm going to see if there's a Far Far Lands.

Yes, this is the Chroma dimension.

What can I do with all my sulfur besides the mekanism ore processing

Hmm, now it's playing a music track I haven't heard before. Also when these things try to gen, it lags like shit, and seeing that these wisps want you to keep genning crap, the last thing you want is to stand still for too long.

Still just carving out huge areas in search for clay so I can build a coke oven, need 122 pieces. So far I have gotten 20. Really wish I had a better way at this point.

This is going to take forever.