Civic Type R Nuburgring

7:43

carkeys.co.uk/news/2017-honda-civic-type-r-snatches-back-fwd-nurburgring-lap-record

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6LAB4cZ2V3Y
businessinsider.com/honda-civic-type-r-america-2017-3
cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-honda-civic-type-r/preview/
blog.caranddriver.com/thank-you-for-smoking-ford-explains-the-focus-rss-drift-mode/
shizukiproject.com/#spec
youtu.be/9kPRxiOB48Y
youtu.be/dwD-WeY6Ivs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/6LAB4cZ2V3Y

Have fun benchracing and memeing

Yeah cuz they sell it with a rollcage

Gawd musheen. Can't wait for the new NSX Type R. shits gonna get ballistic.

Hondu a best.

Yeah but civics are gay. People will laugh at you if you drive one, and laugh harder when you say that it's a fast car.

>honda posting prototype laptimes again

Just like a Camaro then, only more practical.

Yeah, I personally agree, but a camaro is pretty popular with the normies

>only more practical
literally how.

Id still rather have an LNF cobalt.. especially since they r getting cheap

Two more doors and a hatchback instead of this bullshit.

You know what i'm seriously impressed
Honda is god of fwd cars

Im gonna wait for 2018 base type r that hopefully it deletes the wing and 20's

Focus RS BTFO
Civic is 23 seconds faster than the faggot all wheel drive gay ford

Who got the 8:06 and was it a serious attempt? Was it on Super Sports or Cup 2's?

I'm sure the Type R is faster but that seems oddly slow for the RS

I expected more shitposting desu

Veeky Forums is dead

Just wait until Fonzie and friends get home from school, you'll have your shitstorm.

>captcha: select all buses

The RS was done by Sport Auto so go figure.

The Civic Type R was also done by sport auto with the exact same driver and did a 8:15 so the Focus RS would indeed be faster there. Ford wouldn't really have anything to prove beyond that since all it would be is who can hand pick the best driver and squeeze as much time out as possible. wouldn't give us an accurate assessment of who's faster just which manufacturer is willing to play cat and mouse until the other gives up and is like "ok you can have it i'm not spending anymore money on this shit".

>nearly 200k (((super car)))
>really great mid-engine design
>super sweet motors in the front wheels for sweet torque vectoring
>but the car is still just average

What went wrong?

>8:15

The old civic type R or this new one?

Hey, this Civic doesnt look like a turd and the hood is not part of the windshield. Took them long enough. Going to be nothing but ugly trash used Hondas for the next decade though.

I think it was the van-like hatch not the Sedan shaped one in OP so maybe if they tested that one it would yield better results but still that is a pretty significant gap to make up.

damn i am fucking useless didn't even get the time in.

I still think it's pretty ugly - it looks like it has one of those really tacky early-'00s ricer bodykits - but yeah, it's definitely an improvement over the last generation.

Yeah I can see what you mean. But this front end is far more detailed than your 18 year old with daddies creditcard ricer kits. Those ports look like they have a purpose though, they are probably just panache.

The thing that bothers me is that the general body shape is really "un-sporty." Like something about it makes it seem more like an SUV or wagon or something than a sedan, with these beefy blocky macho styling queues, and then it's got all of this crazy race car shit tacked onto it.

The worst part is that the vents and grilles are obviously fake, you can clearly see that they're mostly blocked off, and I think it'd look better with a solid bumper and small vents where it actually needs them.

Most vents and grilles are 'fake' and blocked off in about almost every car. Streetcars don't need that much airflow not blocking them kills the aerodynamics

Going to disagree with you on the front end. I never liked the pointy bland front ends. I like big grills like its connected to a turbine engine. Looks tough. But the lack of functionalty does twerk my autism a bit, but not enough to make he like pointy front ends more. But overall shape is more important.

The overall shape, is unsporty but thats a problem with most wagon shaped hatchbacks. Its not sporty but its got a good engine but its engine makes a contrast. Overall shape I would say is pretty good. It has a nice slope to the back so the body doesnt look too bulky. But it does look like someone glued Ricer shit all over it, though good ricer shit.

The coop looks better overall probably wont get the engine. Only hatchbacks get the good engine for some reason.

american designed and built

LMAOO

Nobody cares what yurocucks think on this board famalam

Old one.

Mind you the 2018 is 6 seconds faster than the 2016. Assuming Sport Auto could do that much better, it'd be 8:06 versus 8:09, which is a wash on a track this long.

This is all conjecture but most bench racing is. Lap times that aren't same driver/same day don't tell you much.

vagina blown the heck out

>>but the car is still just average
Sounds like the last one. whats wrong?

I think I just really dislike Honda's current design language in general. It's like they're trying to make everything look like an SUV lately. I loved the late '90s/early '00s Honda look, the DC2, DC5, EK, and especially the S2000 are practically timeless, while I think the current Hondas are going to look incredibly passe by the time the next generation comes around.

BOW TO THE NEW KING OF Veeky Forums

Triggered american'tmakesupercars detectedd

Not just Honda though. Everyone is doing it. It has something to with making the front ends more impact resistance, so I hear. Same reason the trucks all got bigger, flatter front ends.

>A floating roll cage was added for safety reasons, but Honda claims that the cage did not improve the rigidity of the frame

>full cage

>doesnt affect rigidity

what did honda mean by this

they just set the cage in the backseat

That is regular procedure fof safety

>weld lengths of tube together
>those tubes are designed to keep the car from warping and deforming during crash
>somehow doesnt prevent car from warping or deforming the rest of the time

oh fuck off hondurr

How does it feel to be retarded

A lot of it is pedestrian impact regs, but other manufacturers have done a better job of coping with it IMO. I know it's gonna raise some drama bringing it up in this thread, but I think the Focus RS did a much better job of making a cohesive-looking hot hatch than Honda has done with the CTR.

It says floating right there. How the fuck would it change body rigidity if its floating? Any sort of soft mounting would decouple it from the frame but it would still be effective in a crash.

pretty good

but incase anyone else isnt as smart as you

please explain in detail how a cage only works during a crash and not when the chassis is flexing during driving

>soft mounting
>effective cage design

its literally there for safety regs
and for normies to drool over

I heard from CNET it was for pedestrian safety. It knocks them away and spreads out the impact instead of cutting of their legs from the knee down and then have their heads slam into the hood/windshield.

floating as it isn't attached to the car, but will retain its structural integrity in a crash protecting the driver

>floating roll cage

OK, I get what they're claiming with this, but as somebody with professional cage building experience this is some weird shit. I can imagine how you'd do such a thing and how it might work, but I've never heard of anybody doing anything like this, and it sure as hell wouldn't pass tech in any racing series. I don't also don't know why Honda would bother considering most of these Nurburgring production car records are set with traditional cages installed. I don't think Honda is bullshitting, but I do think that there may have been a misunderstanding somewhere, either by the press or by Honda's PR rep.

Maybe you could try learning about cars???

Idk thag would be a great start

I net you belive bolt on cages also help to increase rigidity lol

>Someone with professional cage building experience
>Doesnt know a cage that isnt directly attached in the areas that flex doesnt aid rigidity

True, the Focus doent look like it has a bodykit but I think the overall shape of the Type R is better. Personally I wouldnt mind owning either of them. At least Honda is fighting back against the Focus. I thought they had given up.

Ahh, pedestrian impact. Makes sense. Rather than blowing out their knees and smashing their skulls, we will just liquefy all their internal organs. Good plan.

>another one faster than 86

You've driven it? Tell us more

>fighting back
nigga they just blew the RS out of the water with 7:43 with the previous gen still being faster than the RS

sorry bud, the Civic TYPE R was already in another league compared to that slow turd, even the Civic Si was faster than that "sports" car

Don't they want 43k$ for this? Who the fuck would pay that for a CIVIC

>porsche cayenne

lel

>floating

dummy

people are willing to pay for real performance

How is this not one of the most practical but fast cars in that price range?
>5 doors
>Great Honda Build Quality
>Superb Handling
>7:43

Yeah fast on a track but not fast on highway or what you'll be doing during most driving. Should be priced around 30k if they really wanted to sell in America.

I used to work for Honda engineering America and they most likely won't sell it in America because no one will be interested in that price. Sorry

Please don't try to talk about cages when you clearly don't understand the physics behind them.

Cages have to be attached to solid, rigid parts of the car, otherwise they'll just tear themselves out of the floor if the car is rolled. Pic related is an example of what happens if you ignore that rule. The cage itself also has to be rigid to work, and when you connect several structural parts of a chassis, you make the whole thing more rigid.

My guess is that they put some kind of flexible bushing or coupling between the frame and the car. Like I said before, that's some weird shit and would never fly in a professional racing series, but they don't have to deal with those regulations so I guess they can do whatever they want. (I'd bet it's perfectly safe in a single-car rollover but wouldn't be able to handle a side impact from another car.)

I'll be interested to see what happens when the same driver gets in both cars. As noted in the driver who did 8:06 only did 8:15 in the last CTR. I'm not denying that the new CTR is fast as fuck, but these tests can be pretty deceptive when one time is set during a record attempt and the other is a magazine driver who did a few hot laps. I'd be shocked if the RS couldn't at least manage to break into the :40s if the driver had all day to shave seconds off.

>businessinsider.com/honda-civic-type-r-america-2017-3
>cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2017-honda-civic-type-r/preview/
Its coming to America boyo and you're going to like it

God damn I thought enormous fake vents died with Pontiac.

Why are you idiots even comparing it to the RS? The RS was never even close, not even to the last gen Type R. The Golf R was the real competition.

300+bhp isn't enough for a 2800lbs car on highway driving?

American isn't Germany, highways here have stupid low speed limits

Literally where have you been the last 3 years? It's the biggest new industry meme.

how do you like my version bois

Well the argument is that RS has been out there and no one seems to post better times, the 7:50 on the last gen was done by Honda themselves but I think the reason Ford never really bothered by lap times because their marketing is going for the Ken Block crowd
>blog.caranddriver.com/thank-you-for-smoking-ford-explains-the-focus-rss-drift-mode/
>drift mode
Fucking really?

I just hate the new styling of the Civic and how large its gotten, I wish they had the balls to do a Honda Fit Type R

Still looks ricer only now there are no fake vents to distract from the body kit.

It's shit. The front looked good imo, it's the the wing, rear honeycomb panels, and rear doors that look like shit.

You closed off two vital vents for cooling and intake.

a fit si or r would be too cool

>that feel's when no fit si

Looks better. Try rounding off the sharp corners on the wheel-arches.

Just strap the driver to the cage, problem solved.

My real question is what it's like to drive in the real world. You can make anything fast around a track if you throw enough tire and suspension at it, but you also end up with a car that's not good for much else.

IMO the real thing that will decide whether this car is one of the greats isn't how fast it is, but how well Honda managed to balance speed and driveability.

Ford's whole philosophy is different in general. Their cars are quick, but they've been pretty open about the fact that they prioritize "driving experience" over sheer speed. The RS would probably be a very different car if they'd built it for Nurburgring times. (And, IMO, probably a much worse car in the real world.)

I just really hope that Honda hasn't ruined the CTR in their quest for Nur records. They wouldn't be the first company to fall into that trap.

Its one of those cars you can't really explain to a normie why you want it.

shizukiproject.com/#spec
i love japan

Slower than the ford gt.

lol

the mugen rs kit for the 2nd gen fit is so nice I just wish it came with a bigger engine

That Beast is left to the NSX Type R to slay. Its more strategic to let the Ford GT have its day at the top. Honda will defeat it with the legendary symbol of Type R and be crowned king of automobiles.

Ford's day's are numbered.

K swaps are suppose to be really easy from what I heard, but the engine bay gets cramped because going 1.5 -> 2.0 or 2.4

The GT350R already is just as fast as the nsx. lol.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA.
>a base model mustang is just as fast as an nsx
the ford gt will utterly annihilate that piece of shit.

>>a base model mustang is just as fast as an nsx

I really hate to defend the new NSX, even indirectly, but you might want to reconsider your sources.

Don't you have some cooling issues to worry about? Oh wait your car is cooled by the blood of the crowds of innocent people.

Honda will reign supreme.

Kawaiii. Watching it race around the track is like watching a sicky girl trying her best.

Sorry! It's actually faster! LOL
>GT350R
>1:36.11
youtu.be/9kPRxiOB48Y
>NSX
>1:36.36
youtu.be/dwD-WeY6Ivs

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA. BTFO
>a supercar from honda can't compete with a base model mustang with cooling issues
and you expect it to beat the ford gt. LOL

>>a supercar from honda can't compete with a base model mustang with cooling issues
>base model

>track oriented car vs luxury minded supercar
hmmmm

Honda has the power of dreams on its side.

>track oriented
sure if you consider a riced out base model mustang "track orientated". the upcoming gt500 is the performance model lol.

>dreams
yes, in your dreams honda will actually be able to beat a base model mustang. lol

ford>honda

>>GT350R
>base mustang

Keep believing your delusions, in motorsports the Mustang is already threatened by the Acura ILX, and Honda will set the new benchmark of Supercars like they did with the first NSX.

yep, the gt500 is the performance model. honda literally btfo. recovery impossible
>ford still has more f1 wins
>ford still has more le mans wins
sperg more

No dude, the base model is the V6.

nope the gt350r is. the gt500 iz the performance model
>literally mad about being slower than a Mustang
LOL.

I'm not mad about the NSX being slower than a mustang, I'm mad that you won't acknowledge you lied about the base mustang.

>Ford, literally one of the first car companies
vs
>Honda, a complete underdog

Also you can't compare wins if only one of the companies was competing in that race. From a logical standpoint both companies have to be present. But you're a "Ford" guy so you probably don't understand.

Id love to be a mechanic on one of their teams. You would really get good at putting in clutches.

it is the base model. lol. the gt500 is the performance model.
>damage control
sperg more.

>honda is such shit they can't compete with a gt350r let alone a gt500 or a ford gt

also ford is more successful in relevant professional racing series.

>this will trigger them
lol. assuming they don't ragequit of course