BMW

figured I'd ask 4chans opinion on buying a 2011 328i BMW.

Whats your budget and whats ur needs.

Why not 35i

Get the 335i if you can afford it. You will want a bit more power.

Good car all around, but WILL wish you had those turbos.

>Wanting boost leaks on a already unreliable car

>Not wanting +100PS from a simple ECU time

would rather have turbo replacement than total utter buyers remorse over a slow 328i

Hi Rodger

I have a f30 325d with the m kit. Honestly its more than enough to get me into trouble with and hits 200kph pretty damn quick. It's so calm i have an alarm set to tell me when I hit 120.

Don't know if the extra consumption would be worth it.

I got a 2011 325i lci a few months ago with M-sport suspension and interior. This is my first BMW and i see what all that fuss around "worlds best driving machine" etc. It is a very nice car to drive and a very nice and civilized car to live with. Very grown up.

The N53 engine with 160kW in the 325 however is not a exciting machine. My previous car was a Audi C4 S4 2.2 and that engine was on a completely different level. So much more torque and character in the 90s turbo,

I really miss the torque and boost from the turbo motor, i would imagine the 335i is the way to go

>wanting the slow as shit non-turbo.

that's the secretary special lease edition BMW

get something actually good

if you buy a bmw and the middle number is 2 you are a horrible person

>buying a BMW
DO NOT DO THIS
They're literally shit tier cars with nice leather

One of my friends bought a 328i and the other bought a 320i and I have driven both.

The 320i has a nicer interior, in my opinion - but the car itself is emaciated when it comes to power. It's the 4 cylinder version. It's not bad. If you just want a nice looking and nice feeling car and you don't give a shit about speed/power, the 320i is good

People talk shit about the 328i but I have a feeling most of these people have never driven one. I daily a 90 Miata and have driven various other econobox tier cars (highlander, mazda3, ct200h, altima, etc...) and the 328i really is a step above these generic cars when it comes to steering, handling, suspension, and overall feel. It is without a doubt a luxury vehicle.

It's just a really nice and refined vehicle. It's heavy, has AWD, and power is OK if you go with the 6 cylinder version which you should.

You should not pay more than $22,000 for a 2011 with 50k~ miles on it. You should also be given a certified pre-owned warranty that covers you up to 100k miles.

Do not under any circumstances buy this car from anywhere other than a CPO dealership. I don't know how they fair in the long run with regards to reliability, but my buddy's 328i had a coil pack+spark plug go bad within the first 500 miles which caused insane shaking on acceleration.

Last thing: if you're poor or struggle with money, you need to keep in mind that the 328i will plummet in value as you approach and cross that 100k mile threshold. Your $22k car will now be worth about $8k on the market...maybe

>high pressure fuel pump

>literally fixed 6 years ago
>was never even an issue on the 328i

next time you're thinking about posting, just don't

22k gets you a low mileage 6spd Msport 335i

>terrible reliability
>understeer
>highest depreciation
>pipes fake engine noises into cabin

Just get a Honda for your price point.

hondas are soulless

Chinese BMW

Thanks Veeky Forums. Car is being sold by a dealer, with a good rep. They want 15k, car has 55,000, just worried I'm going to put every paycheck into repaires and other bullshit that comes along with owning vehicles.