Realistic vidya

Could you recommend some realistic, but fun, driving game? I used to play Richard Burns Rally way back when, which was legendary for its realism but it wasn't very fun. I'd prefer something street-racing themed with an open world, like TDU, which of course wasn't very realistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FUqe19rF_EY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gran turismo 3

Race 07, GTR FIA, GTR 2

Those simbin games were dope asf

if you don't mind the dude bro culture
there's forza horizon and it lets you tweak the setting so you can adjust the degree of realism you want

Forza horizon is shit, arcade racer freemode faggotry

Driving around a beautiful map is vastly superior to picking tracks from a list. None of it is real driving anyway so you may as well have fun instead of being a fucking statistics-obsessed simulation autist. It's real ''enough'' for video games. It's not like Burnout or NFS where the physics are fantasy.

>current year
>anything but pic related

How's the car list? Do i have to buy a bunch of car packs to enjoy?

>I'd prefer something street-racing themed with an open world, like TDU

>tfw there will probably never be a game with sim-quality physics, a Forza-tier car list and mods, and the entire Greater LA area to explore and race around.

The Crew is "ok" when it comes to physics, but only if you turn on hardcore mode. The map and car list is great however. Tuning is basically nonexistent, but it's still a pretty good game.

Fuck, I forgot to specify PC ONLY. I'm not a PC elitist or anything like that but the newest console I have is the SNES and that's not going to change any time soon.

Also:
>Forza Horizon

Are you sure? You can adjust the realism settings all right, but from what I've seen when I played it at my mate's the options went from "unrealistic as fuck" to just "unrealistic".

I'll consider these but I'm still holding out hope for something open-world.

Dirt Rally.

You will want to throw shit out the window and break stuff after playing for 5 min

And softbody physics

tfw we'll never get a game like that but in japan

yeah kinda
but you can try the demo if you want
horizon 3 is a w10/xbox exclusive though

played Assetto Corsa on one of my best friends racing sim complete wth a direct drive system

Suffice to say I immediately looked into racing sims and immediately stopped when I saw how much a small mige motor cost.

And this. FH is a Colossal piece of shit.

I don't want to play stupid make shift faggot ass tracks in bong land and I especially don't want to race faggot ass bro off-road trucks (that forced you to buy, and they're all expensive as fuck).

Piece of shit game. I'm not even taking into account how terribly programmed it is. To this day that pile of garbage crashes randomly or doesn't even start up.

Uh, 3 is in Australia and 1 is in Colorado. 3 let's you pick any car type for any event, so you never have to touch cars and classes you don't want to. Grip is way higher than Motorsport 6, but the cars still behave very naturally and predictably. Just got Porsche in the game, too.

i very much enjoy dirt rally and it seems like they put a lot of effort into realism. it can be quite frustrating though.

It's not bad without DLC. I only bought the Japanese pack because I'm a weeaboo

>there's forza horizon

LMAO I WAS LIKE LMAO

This, best rally game ever made also the car list is really good

Is it even worth playing racing sims without a wheel?

If they're designed for it. Forza is pretty manageable with a controller, but you'll obviously have better control and FFB with a wheel. Impulse triggers have gone a long way toward giving you some steering feel, though.

Im hyped for Dirt 4.

Same physics as rally and extra shit

i am surprised they didn't put the escudo in it

How does it compare to Richard Burns realism-wise?

I hope they will use the same physics model of rally, if so I'm happy. Codemasters said that they want it to be accesible for new players too. Let's hope that another dirt 3 won't happen, god that game was really afwul..

Me too. I think that's a polyphony only car. I only saw it in gt games.

Never played so I can't speak but you should really give it a try, it's as realistic it can be.

It the most realistic rally game. Its considered the true successor to richard burns.

Improved on everything that made that game amazing

They said its the exact same physics with some improvements but if youre a normie, you can go into regular mode and have it washed down.

2 Modes in the game
>simulation aka dirt rally hard
>normal or whatever they called it

Its been confirmed by codemasters.

Never heard of it before - first I thought you guys meant the old Colin McRae: Dirt. I've been out of the loop for years. I'll check it out when I get the chance, thanks.

KAIDO RA(IC)ER TWOOOO
best customisation
best cars
best forum which says you're awesome
best rx7 bratts on ps2

Beware. That game has an extremely steep learning curve. It will literally make you cry it is that extreme

Good, I also read that they want to include new kind of veichles and not only rally cars.

Speed is already a rate

Idk man memorizing race tracks and cutting lap times lower and lower is like my favorite part of racing games. Fucking Deep forest, midfield, Tsukuba, burgerking etc will be ingraned in my brain forever. The tracks in horizon have no flow and are not interesting imo. Not memorable.

The freeroam aspect is fun at least, and I like the speed cameras. I just don't like the racing that much.

>You will want to throw shit out the window and break stuff after playing for 5 min

what? DR levels of grip are stupidly high. it's fun little game where driving model feels pretty realistic, surely not some rbr-tier frustration generator

There are some good tracks, you just have to find them and remember them or bookmark them. OP said he wanted open world, I don't see why people are shitting on the Horizon series.

If you want realism get assetto corsa. You could also download Mt Akina mod and street race people online. You'll need the Japanese pack for that though.

>memorizing race tracks and cutting lap times lower and lower is like my favorite part of racing games
Yeah sorry man that's autism.
There aren't "tracks" in Horizon, it's more familiarizing yourself with the whole map so you recognize corners and landmarks and shit when they appear in a race. I had way more fun just ripping up and down the mountain or doing multiplayer tandem drifts with my friends than the actual races. I also made a point of using the same shitbox for as many races as I could and upgrading it to qualify as needed.
Forza sound design is top notch though and I think thats a main reason I play them. I tried assetto corsa and it sounded just godawful after Forza. Couldn't play it.

Getting better at a track is how you git gud, not autism in the slightest.

City Car Driving

>doing races is autism

oh brother

>Yeah sorry man that's autism.

Get a load of this guy.

>realism
you mean unnecessary difficulty

boy if you don't get

This man fucks and understands why I hate FH series so much.

If I'm playing a racing game, I want fucking tracks, not makeshift race tracks made out of stupid roads and putting my GT3 RS through a beach @ 150 mph and acting like that's okay.

>There are people itt who think dirt rally is hard

Veeky Forums truly is full of bus riders

Then buy Forza Motorsport.

NFSU2 was the most realistic of the NFS series, and it had lods of customization. No crashes, though.

Wrong.
Watkin's Glen, COTA, Le Mans, Nurburgring are ALL you need in a racing game.

>muh Hyundai Tiburon is the best drift car bro

Forza Motorsport is the only thing I play. I turn off all assists but traction control.

Its fun but there are problems. I like it because you can tell if tires are worn out and driving in rain is scary as fuck.

But it also has problems with the sim over all. Most cars are just too fast. Simcade is a good name for it. I hope with them doing yearly releases of horizon/motorsport they will focus motorsport on pure sim.

>Forza-tier car list
Why would you want shit-tier?

Unfortunately, PC gets cucked in that aspect.

I just want a sim-arcade game that isn't some stupid cuck fest where the game expects you to take a 1,000 horsepower Aston Martin Vulcan through multiple jumps and outback offroad courses while going on-road and off-road multiple times and letting you pick said Aston Martin to begin with.

Even the AI on unbeatable can't deal with this stupid bullshit on some tracks and you'll see them spinning out and rolling after a jump, it's completely retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUqe19rF_EY

I can almost do a whole course.

That was with a $40 dollar thrustmaster wheel that was like 6 inches wide. Haven't played with my G29 yet.

>PEOPLE HATING FORZA HORIZON 3 while also defending italian jew dlc early access bullshit

holy shit this entire fucking board is retarded

>Arcade bullshit

>arcade bullshit

>implying arcade means a game is bad

i bet you think one of the greatest racin vidya of all time is bad too you homo fuck

Never played that shit.

do yourself a favor and play it before you off yourself for being a disappointment

Get a load of this pleb

Looks like the shitty arcade game from the movie theater.

It is.

It's like a Michael Bay car video game, you turn your brain off and just play.

Hit something? Oh well, it probably blew up in an explosion that made hiroshima look tiny.

Can't wait for Forza Motorsports for PC.

>Realistic
>Vidya

If I was you, I wouldn't spent money on shit like gaming PC and games and instead will just buy a car. Most realistic IMO

Any Tokyo Xtreme Racer shit for "vidya."

If you want "realistic," going full-sim is the only way to do it. There are no street racing sims, but Assetto Corsa and rfactor have touge mods.

Them's the options. DiRT Rally is good too, but DiRT 4 is coming out in just 2-3 more months and will allegedly have options togglable to make it as "realistic" as Rally, so there's not much reason to buy DiRT: Rally right now.

Gran Turismo Sport is looking neat, though. Haven't gotten into the beta yet, but then again I only signed up for it this past week. I like the idea of full-online campaign stuff but know I have to get in while the getting's good or else I'll be stuck either being unable to play the damn thing or having nothing but AI to race against in a year or two. GT:Sport will also allegedly have rally content.