Get new car

>get new car
>been on my Mom's insurance forever with 04 Ford Focus so insurance is never a thought cause it's cheap AF
>Finally get a new FiST and need COMP coverage now
>Mom's insurance tells me it's gonna be something a little above $2,400+ a month.
>Quick quote from GEICO online for full coverage is saying $1,050 a month.

What's with the huge discrepancy? Are the jack off employees at my moms insurance company insuring us for way to much and fucking with us? Idk what gives?

>1k a month insurance
Boy I do like my 70 a month.

My guess.

>You are under 25
>You bought a turbo car
>Went from liability to full coverage.

Stull seems pretty fucking high though. I pay like $1200 for 6 months on my wrx. They wanted like 7k a year for full coverage on my bike. ended up saying fuck that going with liability only and it's still like $200ish a year

Those were 6 month prices, my bad. Switching from my mom's booty ass insurance to Geico will see me go from $400+ a month to $180 a month.

>23 almost 24
>yup
>also yup, old insurance wouldn't do full coverage on my old ass Focus.

Yeah Century(my mom's insurance) is absolutely absurd. Idk if I'm already locked in for 6 months since we called and swapped it yesterday but I'm GTFO after and going to Geico.

I've been driving since I was 18 and have never been in an accident or close and I was telling my mom I was thinking about going from full coverage to liability only and of course she trips out and starts jinxing it saying "The second you do that is when you're gonna need comprehensive!"

Do you flat out own the new Fiesta? If not you better have full coverage.

This

Yeah it's my DD also so comprehensive is def a necessity. Geico is looking like the choice here I just wanted to post before because it's so crazy to me that Geico's less than half the price of my mom's shitty ass company.

>tfw $10 a month

>tfw still on mommy and daddies insurance

Not utilizing the resources a family provides you so that your economics stability is higher now to allow you to better take care of your parents and yourself later

>$2400 per month

well as we speak im in college getting myself to a point where i can support myself. should have a job by the start of the summer then i can start building my savings and all that good stuff.

OP, where are you? I have a couple of speeding tickets and drive a Corvette and my insurance isn't that high. What your moms insurance is asking to charge you a month, my insurance charges me a year.

Also, on a side note, Insurance companies will compete for you. If you tell your moms insurance company what Geico is willing to charge and their benefits,your moms insurance company will drop that price quite a bit.

Don't feel bad user, if your under 25 and go off your parents insurance you are going to have to pay a lot of extra money, especially if you drive an older sports car.

>this

You're a fucking moron if you don't take advantage of any benefits that you can get. Making money goes a long way, and it goes at least twice as for with gear heads.

SoCal

I've got two speeding tickets and I never did traffic school for the first one so my insurance shot up for a year but that's like 3-5 years ago now.

I bet they will but I don't think my mom's company will match Geico who are offering a plan that's literally less than half of what Century could offer.

>$2400 a month

What the fuck!? I pay like, $70 a month for full coverage on my Charger and I'm going to $170 a month soon for full coverage on a Veloster Turbo and my Charger but damn $1k a month is an absolutely farce.

Just ask your mom if the car can go on her insurance. If you're nowhere on the policy, should be much less.

>americucks try to claim brit insurance is expensive

lmao

Naww those are 6 month prices. I fucked up in the OP.

>6 months

Wait what? Aren't most insurance companies a year from the policy renewal date? Mine is and all I've ever dealt with are on a a year basis.

>Full coverage on brand new GTI
>$289 for 6 months
>I'm 29 with a clean record in an affluent part of a city in the Mid-Atlantic
>feelsgoodman.txt

Brit insurance is only expensive for people under 25 anyway.

I get quotes for every six months here in California. The monthly price would be going form paying $400 something a month to $180 on Geico.

You'd be surprised, but both are insanely expensive.
The cost of living for California is a cruel fucking joke.

Oh believe me I know. I can't move out because all the new developments around here are "low-income" only which doesn't really mean only people that make a low-income what it means is it's a development for beaners and people who shouldn't have had kids.

But I can't move in because I'm single and make less than 20k. We can only have families in those homes because they're the real dumbasses that created a child so they deserve the place! The logic.

my advice:
Move out of Cali. It's really not worth it. Washington is supposed to be pretty nice with a decent car scene.

>28
>2012 mx5
>2007 r1
>3600 usd / 12months
>good coverage
>literally worst driving record
>multiple reckless driving charges
>multiple 30 over posted limit
>multiple tickets for wheelies
riding my bike like an asshole has literally no effect on my insurance rates

>$3600/yr
because you're in the highest bracket lul

>under 25
>$82 a month for focus st

maybe you drive like shit

We may have some awful government owned "crown council" insurance here in BC (It's ICBC and it's shit) but I only pay 150 a month with everything at the absolute max.

Also it is not based on tickets it's based on claims.

nigga you pay $3600/year for a 5 year old miata how can you say it has no effect on insurance rates

Somewhat related. I don't know much about insurance but if my car isn't a DD and I only drive it like 1 day a week on weekends and have very low mileage (less than 100 miles a week) is there a way to get cheaper insurance on it?

LOL, wtf is wrong with your insurance. I drive a S550 Mustang and I'm 21, but I pay $230/month. I think my insurance is expensive. Yours is just fucking retarded.

I drive a 05 celica and a 2016 Hellcat and I pay $170 a month for both. I would seriously shop around. Sometimes certain insurance companies can be absurdly higher than others for no real reason. Progressive wanted $180 a month for just the hellcat, but state farm only wanted $118 and that's with full coverage.

>tfw parents make me pay rent and take off work occasionally to watch the kids while they go to the bar

Iktfb. Jerseyfag here and the only places I can afford to live on my own are low income places that don't take single people making more than $20k/year. With the amount of money I make ($36k) I would need to take on 3 other people as dead weight to get a place with affordable rent

I really need to find a girlfriend so we can move out of our parents' houses.

Are you retirement age with no accidents? Full coverage on a $60k new car is gonna be several hundred /m.

I'm 33 with no accidents. It could also be in the state I live in, which is Arizona.