You only have the choice between a Manual V6 or an automatic V8, which do you choose?

You only have the choice between a Manual V6 or an automatic V8, which do you choose?

For that car? I'd go with the auto V8. Auto doesn't ruin the appeal the way a V6 does.

/thread

Manual V6 otherwise you don't get to hear the full roar of the V8. Paddle wouldn't be bad. Older guys like it.

Auto V8, I'm getting lazier by the day.

Auto v8, use it as a cruiser

If I'm going to be a cuck and buy a Mustang I might as well get the V6. Not like it matters much at that point.

Shelbies didn't come with v6s, the fuck kinda question is this?

BMW

Does it have Ecoboost? if not i'll take the v8

I choose auto v8 because I'm not fifteen and don't need a manual box to impress people on the internet. The whole

>muh manual

bullshit is very recent and very gay. Yungbois have no way to feel masculine especially while Jamal is nutting inside their colon so they made the manual meme up out of autismal boredom.

They didn't come auto either.
It is true that a modern automatic with like 9 speeds or some bull shit performs better than any manual. However, I simply enjoy shifting for myself. It is an irrational joy, I know; but a joy nonetheless.

It's not an irrational joy. Joy itself is irrational.

Even if they made the auto not be an irritating piece of shit, it's still just fun to shift and engine brake and all that.

>I choose auto v8 because I'm fifteen and need a V8 to impress people on the internet.
I'd argue the "mash throttle, go fast and coast into corners" is a less mature alternative to "maintain speed with rpm tied to vehicle speed".
It's more entertaining having a vehicle that responds to direct throttle inputs than a fucking fluid coupling. Unless your purpose is a luxo barge.

V6 especially if it's the 300hp V6 which is, frankly, enough.

That's my line of thinking as well. I can super or turbo the six too.

>responds to direct throttle inputs
:|
>go ahead and buy a modern computer car because alright I'll give it a shot
>drive by wire
>doesn't respond to direct inputs

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Buy the V6, add twin turbos

More so than being attached to a slushie machine some call a torque converter.

auto V8

Given that I drive a manual V6 and have driven countless auto V8s. I'd rather drive the manual V6, but my choice may change depending on exactly the car.

Had a V6 mustang for 2 months. Went ahead and traded it in for a V8.

It was embarrassing driving around in a V6 mustang. If you're going to choose a V6, make sure it's not a base model muscle car. To me, a V6 accord has so much more face value than a fucking anemic "muscle" car. It sounds like shit too.

Get a V8 and you'll never go back, trust me.

god that thing is so alien I fucking love it

I think the 918 is 10x better looking than the Carrera GT ever was

I've never seen it before, but it looks sexy like a fancy car should.

The only thing recent here is you.

auto V8

the transmission doesn't ruin the engine, I just prefer stick if I can get it

Depends on the V8 and the V6. That generation of Mustang, pre-facelift, definitely the V8. Post-facelift the V6 stopped being complete shit, so it's a tougher choice.

But still not as good looking as the P1

Auto V8.
I drive an auto V6, so it would be a pure upgrade.

Is manual really that big of a meme on here? Obviously it's preferable but get a grip you cucks it isn't that important. I'd definitely take the v8.

Nothing wrong with preferring manual as long as you aren't a "muh manual" "muh REAL driving experience" faggot

Good point here. A non-V8 in a muscle car is gonna make you feel like an actual cuck. Outside of muscle cars V6s are more than respectable.

For the record, auto V8. A V6 Mustang is still literally rental car tier.

The V6 in the new Camaro is really solid, I'd like that with a 1LE pack. I heard the Mustang V6 is rental-tier though.

>Mustang
>muscle car

You're probably over 45.

muscle car, pony car, secretary's car you know what I fucking meant.

The V6 obviously.

Mustang is a woman's car.

I'd take a manual over slushbox on literally any car that I intend to drive for something other than commuting. I'd take a manual over DCT on any 3000 lb sports car under about 500hp. Beyond that you're not going to get an analog sports car experience anyway so you might as well get a DCT.

Agreeing with this. Work is tiring. I want to just let my car cruise me through my commute.

This is one of the best threads here this week, well done Veeky Forums

Auto only if it's a supercar and with paddle shifters. V6 otherwise

manual v6

depending on how good the dct is.
if its a slushbox forget it, wouldnt even hesitate to pick the v6

i drove a v8 sn95 with the slushbox once. what a fucking pig holy shit. it was like driving a boat and so god damn slow.
and the interior was awful plastic. what a fucking piece of shit that car was.

auto v8

are ya silly?

V8

this

>I've just realised that I haven't given my answer yet

I would always get a V8 over a V6 if the specs were the same (I think everyone would) but the thing is that I can't even look at an auto/DCT gearbox without looking away, I have no idea why, so I would definitely get the manual V6 for the only reason that my body literally rejects the sight of an auto stick