Manual sounds fun

>manual sounds fun
>99.9% of my driving is done in heavily congested stop and go traffic

Why are you wasting your life?

I deal with traffic daily, stop being a bitch

I don't understand the question

Even though it's useless in traffic the manual helps keep you awake in the mind numbing traffic.It's not that big of a deal if you don't care about the throwout bearing and just leave it in first.

I spent exactly one Summer internship having to crawl in rush hour traffic for like 1-2 hours every day. That was what convinced me to never, ever do that again.

Now when I'm stuck in traffic with my manuel, I just think of it as good practice for how to finesse it and use my racecar to steal better spots when they open up.

>living in the city

NOT EVEN ONCE

god bless flat comfy roads of south carolina.

it's mustang land.

Ok? Get an automatic then; no car is going to be fun in stop and go traffic so what does it matter?

>flat shitty roads

fuck that

I live near the mountains where no one is for maximum cornering potential

>tfw you wish you were that cat

Who's Manuel, your Hispanic lover?

Consuela. She cleans a mean stovetop.

>flat roads
>mustang

it's where it belongs, mustangs can't turn unless there's a pedestrian around the corner.

regardless of whether you get an automatic or manual, just make sure you get a car with steering that's actually responsive.

i was stuck with a hand-me-down Elantra for a while and I don't know how to explain it but the steering is numb as fuck compared to the mazda3 I driven now. Both are econoboxes but it's a world of difference with steering. I wouldn't mind driving an automatic once in awhile so long as the steering is not bad.

It'll become reflexive. Normie friends also won't be able to drive your car, but they'll probably ask you to let them learn in it and end up cooking the clutch.

Also niggers won't be able to steal it because they can't shift, but cholos can and will if it's a Honda.

this is when you buy one automatic commuter car and a second $3k manual miata

Who the fuck is Manuel then, gay boi

My vibrating butt plug.

>but they'll probably ask you to let them learn in it and end up cooking the clutch.
how bad do you have to be to burn the clutch off

my first day of driving manual from the used car dealer i was revving up to 3K rpm to start just so I wouldn't stall and die in traffic. Clutch is still ok upon service.

I have a truck with bald dry rotted tires I've overinflated + broken abs. It really livens up the old commute in the rain.

I just crawl in first and then blow by everyone that doesn't zipper merge

So many honks. One of these days somebody is going to block me and everyone else in a fit of cuck rage, but as long as the police are in the habit of tailgating people who drive like me (probably so they can get through), that's not happening soon.

If you drive in traffic you're part of the problem. Use the public transport, a bicycle or just fucking move closer to where you work.

>get a cheap auto
>get a cheap manual
Daily the auto, weekend the manual.

ASS ASS ASS

YOU GOTTA STEP ON THE GASS

This is truly the way to go. It makes driving manual way more fun because you actually look forward to it.

Lane split on a motorcycle
Ignore cops
Park on sidewalks
??
¡Jailtime!

America: if muh truck can't do it neither can yew

>south carolina
My condolences

>stop and go

Means you don't know how to drive.

Try driving through downtown Chicago during rush hour in a manual with no clutch.

I'm 34 years old and have literally never owned a car with an automatic transmission. Stop and go traffic is NOT a problem or less "comfy" unless you still have to think about what you're doing while using the clutch or shifting gears. In fact, you don't even have to use your gas pedal or the shifter at all when your engine has enough torque - just lift your foot off the clutch a bit and that's it.

How can a manuel have no clutch

One of the best eurobeat musicians around cunt, that's who.

>best
>eurobeat

is that like finding the smartest retard or the tallest midget?

i've been driving a manual in congested stop n go after having hand surgery and a hurting knee from rain.
It's still fun.
Its only hard to think about it doing it you won't even notice. Engine braking actually helps eliminate some stops if you don't try to rush and close every spare inch at 60mph

>not loving eurobeat
why are you even on this board?

>In fact, you don't even have to use your gas pedal or the shifter at all when your engine has enough torque

i drive a 1.8l civic with a manual transmission and that isn't the case for moi

I used to drive a 1.6L mazda and it worked. Of course that was pre-pigfat era so maybe that's an important factor.

>Miata has idle problem where it idles at 2k (have clean the air idle controller)
>can just coast in 1st at 10mph or 2nd at 15mph with no input

I barely use my brakes in traffic, it's great.

>Not loving Eurobeat
I assume you're here for the Trucker General threads?

>no clutch
splain please.

Also,did the downtown Chicago thing for a while, but with 2 clutches. ay dios mio.

With enough money an SN95 Cobra can turn, thanks to glorious IRS.

.9% of my driving is done in heavily congested stop and go traffic

Move,

>tf

Just do it anyway dude. It's not as bad in traffic as people say. Get a different job or find another way to work so you can enjoy it on the way there, if it's worth it to you.

Sure beats a consuela transmission. I'd be bored out of my mind in that case.