Ask a car salesman anything

You're not LPG

Shameless self bump

I beg to differ

Newfag confirmed

Lease or buy?
Buy new or used?

Tell us lengthy greentext stories about idiot customers trying to trade in destroyed shitboxes and/or getting terrible loans on cars that suck and/or can in now way afford.

We like that.

Are traps gay?

can you give me a really good deal?

Leasing is your safest bet. If you finance you kinda fuck yourself over unless you have at least 20% down

This, I wanna know what the worst deal you've given someone was.

I gotchyu as sown as I get home to my laptop
It's a gray area

The best deals depend on regional and b vehicle specific rebates honestly. There's not much markup anymore
I once shafted a guy on his "shitbox" tacoma. Gave him 500 for what he thought was a scrap car, changed the fuel pump, and sold for 8 grand

This Tacoma story, it is too short.

>shafted a guy on a trade in
Prepare for Veeky Forums to have an anyeurism...

But really, give us the inside dope on how customers get fucked so we can bolo for it.

Why don't all car salesmen go to bat for me when I walk in, demand to see a car, and demand to drive it home today for a measly $200 off sticker?

Now on the flip side of that, have you or a coworker ever overpayed for a customer's trade-in to find out that it needed serious work?

Here's my first up as a salesman ever

>be me
>just started
>kid walks in
>looks like he came from /b/
>he's a 16 year old kid with 50 bucks tryna lease a new car
>took him for a test drive in a cheapo car
>started talking endlessly about how he likes the turbo in the car
>What fucking turbo?
>proceed to talk numbers
>he needs to talk to his aunt....
>come back a week later with his aunt
>I learn that this kid is an artist that used his last couple hundred bucks to buy a train ticket from Florida to mass to run away from home.
Wtf
>long story short I didn't sell that kid a car

Sometimes we really can't budge without losing serious money. In some cases we'll stick or necks out and lose a few hundred bucks in front end gross to make a sale. Worst trade I got was a duramax 2500 with a 8 bend cylinder arms

>Gave him 500 for what he thought was a scrap car, changed the fuel pump, and sold for 8 grand

Absolutely triggered rn

>8 bent cylinder arms
holy lol do you have video of what it sounded like?

To be honest, my salesman guy figured out pretty quick I was ready to be a sure bet walk-in sale that day. He just seemed surprised I wasn't there to be an ass playing games. And he had somebody come in on a Sunday to play finance man because they couldn't get all the backroom stuff worked out even though I was ready to buy it out of pocket.

He was a good guy. It should just be as easy as waltzing into a store to buy a thing if that's what you want.

How do I get best price on used car when there are "better" options out there just not trim or color I want?

Just remind the salesperson that you have options elsewhere and make it clear you want to do business that day. Same day sales are what we want and need

also end of the month is best time to go, anything else you can think of?

You need to step up your greentext game my man. This shit is a far cry from Tales from the Dealership.