Is this real life?

Is this real life?

idk

Damn, that's a good deal, you should buy it user. It's fast, looks good, and at such a good price you would be a fool to not buy the does. They are known for their realiabilty of a Lexus with the luxury of a Mercedes

whats the catch?

this some good shit dawg

No it is a fantasy

Ford

It's a ford focus

What would you suggest as a 2017 model for 18 grand in its place?

curious.

84 months

why is it so cheap?

Civic Hatchback with a 1.5L turbo and 6 speed manual

That's 1000 more and 100 less hp.

Why the fuck is there a 170hp turbo i4, when i4s 15 years ago were doing that without a turbo.. And were cheaper.

Because more torque and modern day downsizing. That engine is pretty tough and can be tuned easily as well
The Civic is also much nicer on the inside, and bigger too. Don't know about the US, but in Canada they come with features standard over other cars in their class like heated front seats, with heated rear seats being optional

I mean you can be a boy racer and make 300hp AT THE FRONT WHEELS, THE ONLY PLACE POWER SHOULD EVER BE while compromising literally everywhere else
Or you can get a sensible, practical, and spacious daily driver that's also engaging to drive

>what is displacement
Stupid fucking boi racer only looking at horsepower

>2017 Civic LX
>1.5L
>138 lb-ft tq
>158 to 174 hp

>2000 Focus
>2.0
>145 lb-ft tq
>170hp

Smaller engine with a baby turbo still makes more power

And it's about the whole package, not just the numbers. The old Civic Si made like 30 more bhp than the new Civic with the 1.5l turbo and the new car was still faster even with a fucking CVT and all of its supposed pigfat

Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

A lot less than I paid (22k USD after taxes) and I have zero regrets

>look for ST's within 100km of me
>only 2 (about 10 RS's, though)
>both about $37k CAD
Welp, I don't have the budget for that. Guess I'll stick to my SE for a while longer.

OP, you should buy the fuck out of that.

The shitvic you can tune the 1.5L tarbo to use 93 gas for 220hp.

Go to the ST thread OP. 18k for a new ST is very good.

Guess what, you can tune a Focus ST for 300+

In fact, Ford literally endorses this and sells you the parts to do it on their Ford Performance website

That's pretty shit compared to the Type-R.

>Cheaper
Learn inflation

Are you serious? Are they good parts, too? Is it for all cars or just the ST?

lol

if you want to talk about the type r then compare it to the Focus RS instead

You've never driven a brand new Shitvic have you?

It's probably the least engaging car to drive. The only reason to buy one is literally tech features on the dash and infotainment systems. It's uncomfortable, small, and boring as HELL.

OP is caught in a landslide

Min wage has not changed. 19k then is 19k now.

that's not how inflation works

just because you fail to make more than minimum wage is irrelevant

That's completely how it works.

If in 2000 you earned 19k and could buy x car, and its identical in performance as a car today that is 19k and you still made the same wage.

Nothing has changed. Unless you want to admit that the 2000 focus was a all around better car.

no it isn't

just because minimum wage hasn't gone up doesn't mean the prices of everything else hasn't gone up

food prices are higher, housing prices are higher, everything is more expensive

Except cars clearly. Otherwise the Civic would be about 4k less than what it is.

Are you a giant? The new Civic is massive inside, almost as much legroom as my full size Accord

Then compare the ST to the Si

No escape from reality

Civics come with 100,000 miles of wear and smell like Taco Bell from the factory.

wut

Oh that fat, hideous (totally not an Accord) sack of shit with Autozone "spoilers" glued all over it?
>Honda
>engaging
>what is electronic steering

Where did the Honda touch you?

What's wrong with electric steering? The NSX and S2000 both used them, and the new 911s, Caymans and Boxsters use it as well

That's because it is basically an accord.
I mean fuck I used to drive a 1998 Volvo S90 (long wheelbase 2-ton brick) and when my neighbor parked a 2016 Civic next to it, the damned thing was actually BIGGER.

Of course, it's not as heavy, it just has massively thick plastic panels all over it because SAFETYSAFETYSAFETYSAFETY like all modern cars (Focus included) and has probably the visibility of a T-34 medium tank but god fucking damnit Honda how DARE you call something that approaches a CVPI in size a "civic"?

It's not like they don't know what they're doing either. They have the Fit, they can't keep it in stock and they keep trying to take that car off the US market because consumer research indicates that most Americans are too scared to buy anything smaller than a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, even though they made a really good small car that people want to buy only Honda is just too fucking scared of failure to invest in it.

TLDR the new Civic is an abortion. Honda of America is run by twits who don't know what the fuck they're doing and if you seriously think it's a good car whatever, it might be, but it's not a Civic.

And yet the new Civic is 200lbs lighter than the last gen Si

>Honda of America
It's a global car you dipshit

I just want late 1990s Honda back. When they made simple, cheap, lightweight cars with revvy engines that you could slam-shift.

Unfortunately it seems that they have completely dropped an interest in making anything other than bloated appliances appliances that are dressed up as "fast" cars (because remember when we made good cars that were fun to drive? remember guyze? remember?).

I appreciate Ford for kinda taking over in that sense. Ever driven a basic Fiesta with the manual? It pretty much is an updated 1990s Civic. No bullshit. Build revs. Slam-shift. Throw it around. Cheap as fuck. Light as fuck. Visibility isn't perfect, but I'll take that anyway.

I was considering a newer Honda and I drove one. It was nice, quiet and smooth. Then A friend of mine sold me an 03 2.3L Focus. I assumed it would just be a stopgap so I could save up to make a bigger down-payment later on, but now I want to keep the thing. I like it way more!

Yeah I also miss the time when Honda made shitboxes

OPEN YOUR EYES

Fun high revving shitbox > Econobox with many features

Until you graduate highschool and actually would like to drive a car that doesn't punish you for commuting