Keep the shitbox or no?

Hello Veeky Forums I am in possession of probably the cleanest lowest miles shitbox cavalier in the nation. I have a 98' Cavalier with only 45k miles that i bought from an old lady when I was in Highschool for 2.7k. im in college now and have a higher paying job and can now afford a newer car. The cavalier has given me no issues at all and has been reliably taking me to college for the past few years. So my question is, should I keep the cavalier as my daily and get a fun weekend car, or just buy a nicer commuter?
pic related its my Cavalier

Buy a nicer commuter. Keep the Cavalier and turn it over a sleeper

*into

get a weekend car

Consider this; if you get a nice, new car for weekends, are you going to actually be able to go back to driving the Cavalier during the week?

Why not drive the Cavalier until some repair comes along that totals it?

true I could do that, considering how low of miles it is and how I maintain it, it could be like 10 years before it hits that point
this is also true, but a brand new fun weekend car is beyond my control, by me being able to afford a better car I meant I have like 12k now, so a new car is still beyond my reach but a newish car not.

Keep the cavalier and buy a motorcycle

>Hello Veeky Forums I am in possession of probably the cleanest lowest miles shitbox cavalier in the nation.

does anyone on this board actually have a nice car? Like something worth owning?

Anyone?

99% sure 30% of people on this board ride the bus, 60% own shitboxes, and maybe 10% own something worth while

>this is also true, but a brand new fun weekend car is beyond my control, by me being able to afford a better car I meant I have like 12k now, so a new car is still beyond my reach but a newish car not.
Could put that towards a new one and finance the rest. Help out that credit rating.
Also need to take into account double maintenance, more insurance, etc. I'd say if you were in doubt at all, just get a new(er) daily and sell that one.

>could be like 10 years
Isn't that a good thing?

Save your money now, and get yourself something really nice in the future.

there's a few nice cars I've seen and alot of nice bikes.

prolly pretty close to the truth

I have never seen a cavalier this fucking clean. I actually like it.

DESU this is probably the smartest thing I could do now, I could wait until I get out of college, once i get a job in the career I'm going into i could possibly get a much nicer car

My neighbor has a 2000 with 38k. old bitch never goes anywhere.

First post worst post.

It's pretty much what I'm doing.

I have the cash now for a nice NA/NB Miata, but I'm going to save up quite a bit, because I also want to LS Swap it, and the insurance on two cars is not something I want to pay for.

Keep the cavalier stock and baby it for ten years. Will be worth a lot.

I have a 2013 V6 Camry XLE that is now up to 36K miles. It's still an econobox, but I wouldnt call it a shitbox.

Keep the Cavalier. If you really want a cheap weekend car to dick around in and have fun with, I'd look into a Fiero, 96-92 F-body, or an 83-88 G-body.

They're all fun with great aftermarket support, all guaranteed to eventually be worth something (Hell, Fieros are already starting to climb in value). Then you can enjoy having both an 80's box aesthetic (excluding the Fiero), and 90s bubble styling (cavalier).

>It's still an econobox, but I wouldnt call it a shitbox.

it's a shitbox. I'd call a rusty NA miata something worth owning before that

I have a 2016 hyundai accent with 700 miles.

What do I win, besides being poor?

Is that fucking Albuquerque?

>"high end" trim of a decent, newer econobox

That is not a shitbox. You all need to stop calling cars shitboxes because they're boring.

No

I've probably got one of the more expensive vehicles of the regulars on here but everyone hates it anyway, so

fucking sideways shit. damnit