/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5yxjod/community_discussion_surrounding_the_proscons_of/dettv18/?context=3
github.com/project64/project64/pull/1284
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man I am legitmately surprised how well Cemu performs.
Just tried Dankey Kang Tropical Stank and it ran at 60 on my 750Ti. The shader stuttering is a big problem though.

The game itself is "playable" but not without glitches. Cemu can't run videos, there are minor graphical glitches every now and then and there is audio crackling for some reason on certain sound effects.

The fact WiiUSBHelper downloads the emulator and converts the game automatically when you click on Play is pretty neat.

Why in the ever loving fuck are people giving so much money to this closed emulator?

>muh zelda

There are people who donate money to ePSXe devs, what do you expect?

Because it works
Seriously, it can run on systems that can barely emulate PS2 games.
That and the zeldo hype

>Three days without a commit
Did something happen to Squarepusher?

>Seriously, it can run on systems that can barely emulate PS2 games.
not really. CEMU uses OGL which is only good on Nvidia..

He died from autoerotic asphyxiation while scowling at a picture of Byuus avatar.

Here's hoping that my 2500k will be able to run Demon's Souls at 100% speed by the end of the year. I mean it wouldn't be THAT farfetched, right?

>CEMU uses OGL
Then why isn't it on linux?

Is citra the only working 3ds emulator? I tried to play pokemon moon on it earlier and I cannot get it to get a stable 30 fps

$

Makes no sense. Having a linux port would increase their patreon bux.

A lot of rendering stuff is missing from Citra as of now so its not really in any usable state. Only a select few titles work well.

Citra is to 3DS emulation as JPCSP was to PSP emulation. You need to wait a few years for a better emulator to come out.

PS4 Pro + Sony Bravia TV + Nier: Automata

05:19 maybe it’s good you guys are all playing zelda on cemu
05:19 leaves you with some money to buy nier automata later next week on steam
05:19 which IMHO is easily equal to Zelda
05:20 best thing square has ever made since chrono trigger, ff7, ff6, you name it

I have no idea where twinaphex's own cash comes from, he spends too much time on rarch to have a job and he refuses to use the donations
yeah lol, and him sure he's not the only one pouring time into the project
that leaves govt disability/pension/etc, and savings
or mom's basement
yeah but the rest of us aren't putting in 12 hours per day
good point

>square

>pusher

>i posted it again lol

pusher of squares

Maybe he has a job with a lot of free time.

>Then why isn't it on linux?
I know right.. It's silly how he chose OGL when it's windows only. I think they do plan on porting to linux, eventually..

>Tropical Freeze compresses from 11gigs to 7gigs
really makes you think
Also, the videos are literally mp4s in a folder you can view in VLC. Why can't Cemu play them?

>Citra is to 3DS emulation as JPCSP was to PSP emulation
This might not hold true actually
Citra is surprisingly well optimized from what I played of it. The main reason why the framerate suffers is because of unimplemented framebuffer calls. In a few years Citra might actually get those implemented.

It's called Patreon

>increase their patreon bux.
By 1%. Not worth fighting with radeon/nvidia closed/open source drivers.

>Citra is surprisingly well optimized from what I played of it
kek, good one.

what's so bad about Citra that requires a better emulator to come along?

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5yxjod/community_discussion_surrounding_the_proscons_of/dettv18/?context=3

He's got a core2duo and can't run it, so he whines about it being shit every thread.

Here is Citra running OoT at 6x native resolution on a 750Ti

I wouldn't be surprised if the linux version becomes "Patreon exclusive", they can totally pull that shit and very few would care/complain

Why do you think GPU has ANYTHING to do with emulation?

And here is desmume running spirit tracks at 5x native resolution(highest it could go) on i5-6500. I specify the CPU because the hardware renderer is dogshit and not only does it have more glitches it also runs worse so I am using the software one.

GPU is the only relevant part when uprezzing games in a hardware renderer.

Just because it plays a popular game somewhat halfway decently with awful sound, doesn't mean the emulator is optimized.

I posted a direct comparision between two different emulators generation apart you dumb fuck

>GPU is the only relevant part
nope

Read the full sentence pajeet

Hold up, so you're saying hardware renderers are faster than software renderers? No fucking way.

I literally said the hardware renderer of Desmume is slower than its software renderer
Keep up retard

It's still wrong.

Pick up a book some day, eventually you might learn something.

Except that's not true.

The only retard here is you, bucko.

Top is hardware, bottom is software. 750ti, at 5x resolution.

dude you are not paying him shit for expect him to work as a slave 24/7

Everyone has the right to take a fucking break and dick around here or else

Heres your (You)

get back to work mudlord.

>take a fucking break and dick around here or else
What did he mean by this?

That's not mudlord.

>It's still wrong.
Let me guess, you're gonna pull out some technicality to cover your ass or just keep replying with insults whenever someone calls you out.
Tell me then, how is Uprezzing in hardware renderers not purely GPU dependent?

>!5rt8Lm5iIs

nice try

>keep replying with insults whenever someone calls you out.
I didn't insult you, I suggested you pick up a book.
You're the one who started throwing out insults.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, you haven't exactly proven yourself to be too intelligent up to this point.

For me Softrazier runs at 200FPS at 4x while Opengl is at around 160FPS for the same.
The framerate is switched at 5x with Softrazier running at 160FPS and OpenGL at 180FPS.
The difference is only noticeable at 5x and even then OpenGL has some wild drops.

Answer the question faggot supreme.

Hey guys, what are some common issues with Dolphin netplay desyncs? My friend and I can't seem to sync up.

Also, is it possible to play Four Swords Adventures on netplay at all?

>Also, is it possible to play Four Swords Adventures on netplay at all?
No

Make sure you're both using LLE audio, and not using Dual core mode. Other than that, IDK.

>faggot
See, this is what I'm talking about.
Come on you're not stupid, right? This isn't that difficult.

Then you've got some driver/setting issue.
>4x while Opengl is at around 160FPS
>5x OpenGL at 180FPS

LLE huh? We used HLE fine on Super Monkey Ball just fine but I guess it varies from game to game. Is LLE still a performance killer on lesser CPUs though?

alright boys. calm your tits. no need to get excited.

Not sure why but MK8 keeps on crashing on the cracked build someone posted in other thread.

It works fine on 1.7.2, and the cracked build plays BOTW fine.

This is the error that appears in the log:

[21:44:06] Invalid scanbuffer alignment 0x00000800

any ideas?

180FPS is just the peak. The FPS varies a lot in the OpenGL one. 160 for 4x is the average. It peaks around 195.

tfw the world is actually donut shaped

>still no Atari Kid-Vid emu
>portable ZX Spectrum was a scam all along
>too retarded to get Vita emu working

Answer the question

Everyone here is mudlord

Is it possible to emulate arcade light gun games using PC gun peripherals? Rail shooters are my favorite genre, but nobody makes them anymore so I thought I'd try emulating some if possible...

>there are people that spent more money donating to an emulator than the actual console and games would have cost them

Mudlord is a pretty cool guy ...

don't know what search engine you're using, but they're still available. You're going to be paying over $125 for a reliable gun and IR lightbar combo. Last I checked, it was hit and miss for MAME running said shooters, but that was years ago.

I can't seem to find the issue for when PCSx2 Goes insanse and every game is being played at over 300 fps. Anybody else have a soultion for the problem. It started when I ran Time Splitters Future Perfect.

F4

The emulation of this game is only in its infancy, and it's already running better than it does on the real thing.

How? I have the game running but I can't get the gameplay visible no matter what

Thanks user

Use the build linked at the bottom of the rpcs3 blog, and start the game with the brightness set to the lowest setting, then retry it like 4-5 times until it works.

If someone ever reaches code execution on Xbone could its Xbox emulator be dumped and ported to PC since it probably uses UWP?

Why are you posting pictures of yourself in an emulation thread?

I've been trying that since yesterday, it never works
What specifically are you doing? I start the game, lower the brightness, hit load save, then raise the brightness
Also what settings?

It'd probably work on Windows 10 without much editing.

What are your specs?

>play F117 2.0 in the Lockheed more
>every fucking mission in the northern theater is "take a picture of/destroy that one cargo ship"

LOL

Same thing.
Interpreter fast for both, load required libraries, using Vulkan in those webms but OpenGL also works.
6600k, 750ti.

What does " HW.Memory core\memory.cpp:Memory::Read:186: unmapped Read32" mean in Citra? Trying to boot up Majora's Mask 3D to see how this works and it just scrolls pages of that.

Huh, that's exactly what I've been using too.

What the fuck, it worked first try this time

>not emulation
But it's still a great fucking game.

Is DOSbox not emulation? It's even in the wiki and all.

Someone has found a way to stop polygon tearing in DK64.

github.com/project64/project64/pull/1284

Now we can play the greatest game of all time with no visual issues.

omg omg omg
yawn

Dont try official builds
Unofficial builds are miles better

>uTorrent
>Steam
>Google Chrome
>Fraps
>Microsoft Windows
>recommending software builds that are violating the license

Admit you love DK64.

If comments like these: which so often I see, are true, then how come every single of the 10~ games I tried on Cemu were unplayable (missing graphics, very slow, glitches)? I don't think Cemu is as toaster friendly as people make it out to be.

WTF my CEMU 1.7.3d is no longer opening, did they have some form of DRM?

Are you from the future?