/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Wasted Estus unnecessarily:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/5PBsgsV
youtube.com/watch?v=NWu5YqWjy8o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The reason I asked is because I remember an item description implying that the occult powers come from people stealing power from Nito.
If Occult is actually related to the dark soul...
Well, Velka being the Furtive Pygmy is less of a joke theory than I thought.

>painted world literally made from the dark soul
>shits out divine magic when you touch it

what did miyazai-san-chan mean by this?

I like the part where he healed with full health after aggroing the lothric knight

>item description implying that the occult powers come from people stealing power from Nito.
that's speculation based on item location, there is no direct connection.

Humans are divine beings now.

>speculation based on item location

what? the occult club is found in a room next to havel's set, and the occult ember is found in a prison for unwanted human beings and a dragon person.

Jesus christ, you can tell whoever this was had no idea what they were doing and panicked because people were watching

Gracious. Passing fine ass thou'st given.

>humans are the actual sons of man, a literal dragon god named man
>gwyn got butthurt and killed it so he could steal its soul
>dragon war was the dragons defending themselves

>gotta take a sip
>better make sure I'm in the middle of all these enemies first
Fucking perfect.

>fuck, they might damage me
>better heal preemptively
>don't want people to think I don't know what I'm doing

What do the weight equip break points do in ds3?

Is there any reason to be under 30% weight?

Anyone else having trouble getting Japanese to work in Dark Souls 1? I don't have any mods installed.

Your rolls physically move faster and carry you farther across the screen. IIRC, it also slightly boosts your stamina regen.

30-69.99% is standard stamina regeneration with standard rolls

70%-99.99% is slowed stamina regeneration with slow, low iframe rolls. Interestingly, the low amount of distance can be used as a metagame when using weapons with good rolling attacks against certain weapons.

Oh shit I didn't even realise he had full health
Pure, solid gold.

I did that in front of an invader once

>tfw Dragons and Angels are one and the same.

There's only two equip load break points: 30%, and 70%. The one that most people stay at is 70% since it's much easier. Being under 30% gives you a faster roll, don't know the specific i-frame data though.

In just two weeks the first /dsg/ thread tourney is starting. On March 25th, 2pm PST a PC tournament will be held prior the release of The Ringed City DLC.
Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet is here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Sign-ups close on 22nd of March, 2pm PST with brackets announced shortly after.

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one, Steam IDs will be organized via that messages there and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Maximum Soul Level of 125 allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Farron Keep bridge and ending at the Darkmoon Tomb.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Gargoyle Flame Spear, Washing Pole, Throwing Knives, Anri's Straight Sword, Ethereal Oak Shield, Ancient Dragon Greatshield, and Fire Surge are banned.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disencentize passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, Blessed Weapon, Spells like Bountiful Sunlight, the weapons/shields mentioned above with innate regen and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.

Discord link: discord.gg/5PBsgsV

fuck off with your spam, it's in the OP

literally who cares

>webm
gives me conniptions

Help
I can't find the way to Nito. Whenever I get into the Catacombs I ended up to Pinwheel bossroom.
I also have the skull lantern, do I need to light it in a specific location ?

only the sign up form is there, thank you kindly for your attention

Nope, just keep looking

>I ended up
I meant "always end up"

"Nestle in coffin"

Maybe just fucking make a pastebin or some shit with all the bans and whatever so you don't have to post this shit every fucking thread and wedge it with the other link

you need to go deeper

>still preferring GIFs

>not preferring rapidly cycling through jpgs in a powerpoint presentation file
spotted the plebian

But seriously, why is divine stuff being associated with humanity and the Dark Soul all of a sudden?

>not running an executive file in DOS to display ASCII graphics

wew lad

>powerpoint
>not mashing the right arrow in Windows Photo Viewer as fast as you can

I already did that, found a covenant, and nowhere else to go so I left. Now I can't get back here anymore.

How deep ?

What's the best class of magic for spellblading in 2? Besides miracles, of course.

because humanity isn't evil, the abyss and the deep are corruptions of humanity.

youtube.com/watch?v=NWu5YqWjy8o

what are your thoughts about the difference between the abyss and the deep?
i'm asking before i watch the video, but i'm gonna watch now

>How deep ?

if you hit ash lake, you've gone too deep

My guess is that he tried to switch to his shield to pre-block, or wanted to chuck a Lightning Spear (most probably the former, given his penchant for constantly holding up the shield throughout the gameplay video).

I'm still surprised at how people have trouble with Lothric Knights when they're so ridiculously easy to parry.

Some shitter posted in one of the older threads a few days ago that since divinity was created by humans, and humans are the spawn of the Dark Soul, divine light = dark.

You use the lantern in the next area, look in the boss arena for a ladder.

>not putting all the jpgs in one folder you've set as your screensaver and waiting for your computer to fall asleep

>when they're so ridiculously easy to parry.

you dont even need to go that far, if you have a shield they're the easiest thing in the world to get a backstab off on

spoiler: Does anyone even still play DaS1 on xbox 360?

>playing on dedbox 360

>they're so ridiculously easy to parry
As are the majority of things in this game. If you aren't good at parrying or just aren't using something that could, then they can get annoying quick.

Yeah, yeah, you're real hot shit.
Lothric knights are hard. They're fast and strong and can vary up their attacks a lot and you can't parry half of them.

Hexes are pretty powerful. That being said, it's primarily dark orb and (great) resonant soul you'll be using since the other hexes are either much later on in the game or pretty situational.

>My guess is that he tried to switch to his shield to pre-block
You can see the talisman icon flashing as he's trying to switch to a shield

I wish I watched the stream now.

I prefer the parry, since their 2- or 3-swing combo is so predictable that you can always parry the second swing after baiting the first one, even if you're a shitter. Much more satisfying, takes less time and does more damage. Plus circling for the backstab risks them attempting the shield bash.

Or at least, parrying against the straight sword ones is easy. I still have no idea what to do except backstab against the spear and greatsword wielders.

Having played through the other games lately, it's pretty impressive just how much more aggressive and strong the standard Lothric Knight is compared to the Black/Silver knights of I or the Syan Knights in II.

You can play Dark Souls 1 on Xbox One You can also play Demon's Souls on PS4 In japanese

A kind user ripped the stream footage and uploaded it to Mega, check the OP.

>not playing Demon's Souls on your PC via emulator

Lothric Knights are strong within the context of 3 in order to provide a challenge. A DaS1 Black Knight in 3 would be piss easy because they were, even then, sort of slow. They're tough in 1 because of how long their attacks linger and damage they deal, not necessarily because they swing at light speed.

what a time to be alive

emulating ps3 on pc.

>jap Des on PS4
nani?

I'm making a sorta cosplay build in dark souls 3 with the stuff I liked to run more in dark souls 1, I'll be using a black knight glaive, and staying at sl120, where do you think those 6 points I have leftover would be better spent? the increase in 2h AR is minimal if I put them in str, but 1h it's still quite something

just imagine when we're all using quantum computers in 8 years time to emulate the PS4 to finally play BB on pc

>what are your thoughts about the difference between the abyss and the deep?
I haven't watch the video, but from my understanding, the abyss is wild humanity while the deep is rotten humanity.

>that webm
my pug could play better, and she's retarded

Oh, nice.

>it's pretty impressive just how much more aggressive and strong the standard Lothric Knight is
I have rather fond memories of the day after release and nearly dropping the game because that first knight killed me so many times, then I heard that there was a castle full of them.

pcfc?

Dark isn't evil unless it's corrupted, then it turns into the Abyss/Deep

I don´t get Dark Souls 3.
I just don´t know what i should do.
This is no fun.

have you attempted to gain proficiency?

In my first playthrough that first knight in high wall killed me more times than any single boss. Lothric knights throughout the game killed me more times than all the bosses combined. They're easily the single hardest enemy in the series, baring weird gimmick baddies like Winter Lanterns. A lot of that is Ds3's speed problems, though.

what is wrong with pic relateds hips? They are bigger than big ben and the eifell tower combined

I don't see any problem

>that one gwyn attack you can't parry

The perspective on Nashandra's body in that pic is really fucked up in general, her lower half is ridiculously large compared to the rest of her.

Whats this? Polygone playing dark souls?

Cute!

It's been on PSnow since before DaS3 came out. But only for Japanese accounts.

Play light and r1 spam. R1s, roll attacks, dash attacks, r2s if they get stunned.
Don't try to be fancy, not even a little bit. It either won't give enough returns for the effort or straight up won't work.
Don't use sorcery, it's bad. Don't use miracles, they're awful. Don't use heavy armor, it's like half a percent less damage than your leather rags and sucks, and you'd have to put points into vitality, which also sucks. Don't use heavy weapons unless you like gimping yourself. Don't use bows, don't use a dash of support magic, don't use fire/deep/chaos/blessed/simple/crystal/lightning infusions, don't use any infusions besides refined for most weapons, don't even think of playing heavy, don't even bother with that cool fancy weapon with the special weapon art, don't even try whatever it is you're thinking of. It won't work.

3 favourite non-boss enemies to fight
3 most hated non-boss enemies to fight

>favourite
Giant crystal lizards, outrider knights, lesser capra demon
>most hated
DS1 dogs, corvians of any description, fucking Flamberge Thralls
Honorable mention to those big tick assholes and maggots in Bloodborne.

>watch friend fight Gwyn for the first time
>dies twice
>tell him to parry
>nah man, I got this
>puts on full Havel
>mfw he facetanks and mauls him with his Zweihänder

Gwyn did basically no damage. Absolutely hilarious

O-oh okay...
Thanks i think i switch back to witcher or skyrim.
I don´t think this is my genre

I honestly don't think the Lothric Knights are really a problem, speed-wise. They're fast, sure, but there's still enough of a tell in their attacks that I don't feel like they're bullshit or anything.
The fact that they have such a high number of moves that can rush you down and pressure you, partially thanks to the stances each one can take, is probably what makes them feel so fast. You can't simply roll away and assume you're safe when they have several attacks intended to chase you down.

There are people who unironically want this sort of thing to be a legitimate playstyle.

>favourite
Blue/red eye knights, Giant mushroom men, farron followers

>most hated
DS3 dogs, thralls, horsefuck valley horses

Dark accepts and reflects the inner nature of the humans that stare into it. This is explicit in Dark Magic. Pursuers is even "a strong expression of envy or love imprinted on fragments of Dark" which can only gravitate to other people.

>assume you're safe when they have several attacks intended to chase you down

>that one spear knight outside of Vordt's room that can shoot down the entire flight of steps in 0.5 seconds to hit you with a -1 estus if you try to heal
I love that guy.

>puts on full Havel
Go fucking figure

It's mostly down to which weapon you're using. If you're carrying something heavy enough to both stagger them on hit and plow through their shield if they continue blocking, you don't need to do anything more complicated than get the first R1 in and then mash them to death.
If you're using Twinblades where all of your attacks will bounce off the shield and you don't have a kick option, well good luck.

>DS3 dogs, thralls,

Just block them. Or use alluring skull.

The first Lothric Knight I ran into wrecked my shit for a little while, because I kept trying to stick to ass-hugging circle-strafing shield up, and they absolutely punish that with the biggest metal cock possible.

Now I mostly hate the greatsword using cathedral knights, especially in the Consumed King's Garden.

Doesn't make them any less annoying.

That strat stops working real quick when you go into higher NG cycles but yea, it's pretty stupid

I disagree. IF they paused more or had some sort of openings that lasted longer than half a second, it'd be fine, but no. They just don't stop attacking. And it all tracks so well! I have seen these fucks make a full 90 degree turn mid-charge. This is the exact same problem so many Ds2 enemies had with the roomba feet, it's just better animated now and on an actually fast enemy.
SO MUCH of my problems with them is the shield bash. It's to fast and tracks WAY to well and staggers your out of absolutely anything. It makes them completely unapproachable. Blocking? Bashed. Circling around? Bashed. Kicking his guard? Bashed. Try and get him at the end of a combo? Bashed. Back off? Well sure, but you're not gonna kill him like that. It's to much.

>Doesn't make them any less annoying.
>When it completely neutralises them

They get stunned if they attack your shield. Alluring skull does alluring skull things.

You could also use a fire dagger against dogs.

I mean, you can make literally anything work if we're talking about single player. There's always been optimal builds, but it doesn't magically make everything else totally unusable. That's been the case in every game in this series, hasn't it?

>I don´t think this is my genre
It might be. The other games are much more flexible in how you can approach them. 3's just a real special little shit.

>Twinblades
Jesus fuck HOW.
I genuinely have no idea how to beat the spear knights with twinblades.

user, its 100% CANON CONFIRMED that Manus just wanted cuddles.

>They're easily the single hardest enemy in the series

The sword and shield version will block 90% of the time after have hit him twice with your longsword. Then you can immediately follow up with a guard break weapon art.

Then you are done.

I'm in too deep
Send help

Thanks lad

bf??

>trying out a greatshield for the first time
>but sign down for Oceiros because I'll get the most use out of it there
>I'm literally immortal
This is fantastic. I'm a literal wall of "suck my dick I'm a wall"