Bought this off a friend today today:

Bought this off a friend today today:
>2000 328Ci
>Manual
>150k
>No engine codes or CEL, drives straight and drivetrain is in great condition
>downside is the rear tires rub
>big body rust spots, some dents, kinda ugly rear bumper
>Needs small trunk tail light, rear passenger tire, and a drivers mirror to be road legal
>$400
How did I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C861832
ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLLS-ROYCE-SILVER-SPUR-II-AUTO-/132065991022?hash=item1ebfbf196e:g:JLQAAOSwa~BYNhJ1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shows that dirty rear subframe girl

>car that runs and drives
>$400
You did great.

That's a great purchase user, you did well

The underside is surprisingly mostly rust free, it's just the body

Pic related, but on the upside it has style 164 M3 wheels and a Dinan exhaust (and also a cool little AC Schnitzer roof spoiler)

Rust on the other side, and the broken mirror. For now I might epoxy or contact cement it on because the actual mirror is still together

It's fucked m8. Show us those delicious subframe cracks now.

>a BMW that runs, drives, has no engine code fuckery
>$400

good fucking job OP, that's as good as it gets.

BMW with 120k+ miles are always cheap cause they fall apart within 50 miles of buying it

hello Mike

Should have sold it to me and Daniel for 500

I have a 1998 328i E46, had it for 5 years and it is on 149k now. Body rust isn't too much of a worry, front arches are cosmetic and cheap and easy to replace. Rears are a bit more difficult but if you know someone who can weld it isn't too bad. The body will fall apart long before the engine breaks.

I have had my front sills welded at the jacking points, but I live on a Scottish island where it is wet and they salt the roads so to be expected. Easy done and wasn't that bad. Worth checking as there is a plastic cover over them. Watch for cooling system problems, if you overheat them you run into problems, but replacing the cooling system itself is easy and parts are cheap at least where I am. Temp should never go beyond half way, check the bottom of the radiator and if it is starting to bow it needs replaced.

Looks a great buy for that price, enjoy. They are great cars, I love mine.

that rust is so fucked, you'll have to replace both rear fenders which will be costly
but for $400, damn the wheels themselves cost that much

I've seen E36's and E46's run to 190k before everything goes to hell around 200k

no

a friend suggested just cutting them and putting fender flares but I don't know if I wanna do that

what the hell did the guy that you bought this from do to it? this thing looks fucked from every angle. did he even change the oil?

A cheap BMW is the most expensive car you can own.
Retard.

>a friend suggested just cutting them and putting fender flares but I don't know if I wanna do that
Cut them out, weld a new one in, and rattle can it blue so it looks good enough. It is a $400 car, would look better than rust

Have fun with bmw repair costs

No idea, he got it like this from the owner before him. Got it like 6 months ago and it just sat 95% of the time, probably drove it only 1k miles.

Think again

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C861832

ebay.co.uk/itm/ROLLS-ROYCE-SILVER-SPUR-II-AUTO-/132065991022?hash=item1ebfbf196e:g:JLQAAOSwa~BYNhJ1

What could possibly go wrong?

>"What needs to be replaced?"
>"All of it"