/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #481

''The Price of Field'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12453760
strawpoll.me/12453759

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
plerngrf.tumblr.com/post/151280665186/take-it-easy-dude-i-got-ya-how-to-train-your
youtu.be/qM6DXtfjyek?t=1m13s
youtube.com/watch?v=4-ViHRQFja8
youtube.com/watch?v=DkTklehHaDY
youtube.com/watch?v=AJx7Gjk_A-M
youtube.com/watch?v=48rBt4Pofso
youtube.com/watch?v=T5AG5Rl-ziQ
youtube.com/watch?v=h639y09K-2I
youtube.com/watch?v=FPHMidl71DY
youtube.com/watch?v=fab8e5K1f6c
youtube.com/watch?v=R3ONBnuvvv8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threadly reminder that Max can't dance

>still a better dancer than me

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

And one more (belated) happy birthday to Chloe. Shine on, you hella awesome punk~

Max is #1

That Max-paddle is a perfectly viable and acceptable dance move.
Max can do anything! Except skate

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

But Chloe can try to teach her

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Oh and the text with that picture is cute.
“Take it easy, dude, I got ya”

Source: plerngrf.tumblr.com/post/151280665186/take-it-easy-dude-i-got-ya-how-to-train-your
(They draw some great LiS stuff)

I dance like the guys in this video youtu.be/qM6DXtfjyek?t=1m13s

Post your favorite scene from the game

youtube.com/watch?v=4-ViHRQFja8

Chloe's breakdown in the truck at the end of Episode 3
Hitting her lowest point, and admitting her problems, so the healing can begin

I hope you guys will stop posting these old shit pastas when S2 comes out.

>I hope S2 comes out.
fixed

WITNESSSSS

>so the healing can begin

lel what healing, she goes back to being the exact same shitty person immediately afterwards

What for does she need two giant toothbrushes?

She has declared war on poor dental hygiene.

Nobody reply to the bait. Let it rot.

Did you play the game?

That was a good one, yeah. I also liked the moments when nature is getting messed up - snow, dead birds and whales, eclipse, double moon. And, I suppose, putting alternative timeline Chloe to sleep.

>putting alternative timeline Chloe to sleep

Y-you take that back right now

I thought I was over it but apparently I'm not.

It's the saddest part of the game for me. Maybe that's what user means

it really weirded me out how many people thought that was the right thing to do

It may not have been the right decision for Max if she didn't have time travel powers (since it could be considered murder depending on the state), but it was for Chloe.

She was suffering, she hadn't seen ANY of her friends since the accident, her parents were bankrupt and their house was about to be foreclosed, and Chloe was nearing death. The fact that she cared so much about Max, a friend that may have well abandoned her for 5 years, that her simple visit was the best thing to happen to her since the accident speaks volumes about how she sees Max, and would rather die being with Max than die alone. I know I could've just said no and go back through the photo, but it doesn't feel fair to Chloe, even if the timeline would get overwritten.

Why do you want your best friend to suffer?

Absolutely, it hit way too close to home. The false hope that a dying loved one can make it through their pain, the bullshit bills, the letters from friends and family.

I had to go to a dinner right after the first choice, and I couldn't eat anything, I just thought about that part

Chloe was going to die extremely soon in AU. The compassionate thing to do would be to make sure she went out as happy as possible.

REWIND THIS

Kate brushes her teeth after every meal.

I didn't know you were a non-native speaker. Your vocabulary surpasses most Americans. Which country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

She knows how to slow dance and that's all she needs to dance with Chloe on her wedding night.

Chill out, dude. It's an obligatory part of the thread. At the end of the adventure Alice is forced to make a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

She's eliminating sin.

How many of you picked don't know before your final decision?

>pic related

DELETE THIS

What? Max slow dancing? They're not going to mosh at their wedding. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Did someone say Max & Chloe Wedding?!
(I want to go!)

Why is Dracula choking Pricefield?

Because the shitposter only has a very limited number of images and copypastas they try to use to trigger /lisg/.
But by only using the same stuff over and over it loses its shock value and just shows them as the jackass they are.

A marriage is a holy union of souls in the sight of God. Joining the cunt slobbering Satanists together forever anywhere other than hell is sacrilege and a stain upon Blackwell.

How dare Max foresake His plan and let her ovaries wither while she lays with the blue haired dyke instead of turning off the lights and letting Warren guide her to salvation with his 4.5 inch Shepard's staff and etch the words of God inside her blessed womb?

IT IS NOT A MARRIAGE!

I don't see Dracula in the image. Sorry. What are you talking about?

Hey /lisg/, I'm having a heart surgery tomorrow, wish me luck!

Good luck user!

Good luck.

Good luck. I hope they fix your heart like Max fixed Chloe's.

Hello bunny. I heard Michel was looking for you. Glad you're staying safe.

How many times has /lisg/ played LiS?

Good luck and a speedy recovery, user!

Once.

They both gave vows and said "I do", it's a marriage.
[x] Love
[x] Marriage
[ ] Babby hipster-punk-geek-pirate (Pending)

Good luck

They may not have kids.

Their baby will be a spawn of urban hellspawn that are too busy cheating on welfare and buying drugs with food stamps, not the ivory white beauty that will spring from my womb after Warren stops listening to Negress Grant and sees the light.

For their lesbionic tendencies, God has cursed the sapphic sluts to not bear children of their own and care for the wretched of society. Hopefully Trump will stop lovers of the flesh from adopting our children. The Chinese too. Mongrels.

I hope so. Chloe and Max may have sputtering orgasms that cause their bodies to writhe like epileptics while their tongues dance between each others labia in a carnal display of sin. They shouldn't care for children if they don't understand the gift of their wombs and continue to work paying jobs instead of finding husbands. If Chloe is going to spray her love juices on the sun-kist freckled visage of Caulfield before she too is coated in the liquid lust of the charismatic punk rocker with her toned limbs, unblemished skin and...and...and SINFUL MIND TAINTED BY SATAN...they shouldn't have kids.

Oh boy. I'm going to read the bible.

I'll pray for you.

I think they'd have a daughter and then later a son.
Maybe adoption or maybe they have them themselves. My own idea would be adopting a little girl and then having their son.
Girl's name is Amber, boy's name is William (Will).

Evangelical Republican a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=DkTklehHaDY

Someone needs to do a Chloe cover of this song.

>Supporting Kate x Warren

Uh, why?

That's just a dumb headcannon.

I don't think they would have kids at all. They seem way too career oriented to bother with that shit, nevermind playing faux hetero "love, marriage, baby" route.

Four times. I actually think my 2nd playthrough was my favorite because I discovered so many parts of the game I originally missed.

What are Republikate's thoughts on the crazy weather anomalies in Arcadia Bay? Just part of the global warming hoax? Godly punishment on a latter-day Sodom?

You'll make it user!

>It may not have been the right decision for Max, but it was for Chloe.
I think so too. We all die, and as opposed to all the other times, this was as good a point for her to as one could hope for. Having had a life, if short, with people you love, dying at the side of the most treasured person in your life, at their hand, painlessly, deliberately, after a day and night spent in loving and caring togetherness, accepting and embracing that death, drifting into that slumber getting to say "I'm proud of you" and "I love you" to that person as your final words.

It's such a special moment, for her, their relationship, the story. Bittersweet, sad-happy, but perfect, especially in contrast to how it would have ended otherwise, in that bathroom, never having reunited. It's its opposite in many senses.

Chloe didn't have to fight anymore, here. Max gave her that peace, was strong for her like that, to then return to where they would continue and win that fight.

Germany, but I've been having regular correspondence in English ever since I was like ten, read a fair bit of English lit, obviously became completely engulfed in it with the internet and had to do with it academically a bunch as well.

But as with most things, the more you knowledgeable you become in them, only the more aware of your limitations in knowledgeableness (or knowledgeableness altogether) you tend to get. When I read great English prose or poetry, I know I will never be capable of that. Not quite. If I ever am to write a book that requires it though, I'd definitely want to do the brunt of the translation myself, and have others at most review it.

This!

She's invented her own dance move - that's more than many even professional dancers can say!

Because I think they'd both be great parents and have a lot of fun raising a family.
You're right, it is just a headcanon- like a large part of things posted here. That doesn't automatically make it bad,

You know, I think this song is fairly reminiscent of AU Chloe.

youtube.com/watch?v=AJx7Gjk_A-M

Reminder that Joseph Conrad didn't start learning English until he was like 20 and now we read his novels in Anglophone schools

The only thing Warryn should be near is a box of Kleenex.

No worries, your English is impeccable. Better than most who type stuff out. If you ever do write something (For /lisg/ or for some other purpose) then you just need to have someone read it over since your own mind can glance over mistakes you've made. But that goes for any kind of professional literary work, translated or not.

Why? Is he gonna cry or did he get sick because he creepily sat outside the dorm waiting for Max while it poured rain?

Max Caulfield tugged at her trench-coat. It was black, the colour of misery and her lipstick. She always colour coordinated to her mood.

“Fuck did you say Chloe?” She demanded, her words as bitter as the cesspit of a world she was in.

“I said would you like some cereal.” Chloe replied.

Max glared at the table in front of her. It was only set with one chair, she'd broken the remainder of the Price family's dining room furniture during her last fit of rage, and Chloe was presently sitting in it. Stupid blue-haired cunt probably thought it was so funny. Offering her breakfast with nowhere to sit. Max's revenge was swift. She reached into the cereal box on the tabletop in front of her. She withdrew a handful of flakes, then dumped them on the table top. She took the milk carton and poured it over them. Needless to say, the milk ended up on the floor in short order, leaving a soggy mess for Chloe to clean up. Something she added to by throwing the still half-full milk carton at the TV set in the lounge.

“Fuck your cereal you poor-ass fuck.” She hissed. “I need a smoke.”

I don't think that headcanon of yours is dumb.

I can see why it could come off a little clichédly hetero to some, but I can't say I'm opposed to the thought. Thinking of their love manifesting domestically has its definite charm, and adding a kid or two in that is indeed a lovely, funny thought.

But maybe it'll just be a dog, and they get their share of parenthood looking after the kid Joyce and David are going to have once Chloe is out of the house. Without most of the pesky problems that come with it, at that!

I never actually thought of a song that would fit the AU. The one you posted is quite beautiful and fitting indeed.

I think it is describing that there is no song for the entirety of it, but one immediately once we erase it. Apart from the brilliant instrumental score of course. Well, there's Mogwai at the end of Episode 3, but that is precisely about the not-knowing where and what Chloe was in this foreign timeline.

Maybe something from the Blade Runner soundtrack: youtube.com/watch?v=48rBt4Pofso

One more kiss, dear, one more sigh
Only this dear, is goodbye
For our love is such pain and such pleasure
That I'll treasure till I die

So for now dear, Aurevoir, madame
But I bow dear, not farewell
For in time we may have a love's glory
Our love story to tell

Just as every autumn leaves fall from the tree
Tumble to the ground and die
So in the springtime like sweet memories
They will return as will I

Like the sun dear, upon high
We'll return dear, to the sky
And we'll banish the pain and the sorrow
Until tomorrow, goodbye

One more kiss dear, one more sigh
Only this dear, is goodbye
For our love is such passion, such pleasure
I will treasure until till I die

Like the sun dear, upon high
We'll return dear, to the sky
And we'll banish the pain and the sorrow
Until tomorrow, goodbye

...I really wanted them to kiss, or at least hug, in the AU. It's so meaningfully all about their love.

Thank you user!

Dog is good (And maybe also a cat). Nobody is saying Max and Chloe have to have kids NOW, they're still young so they could do it in like 20 years when they have all their own stuff squared away, have the money, and the interest.

Not sure if Joyce or David would have a kid. They're both older and probably in their 40s, if not early 50s. I think they're parenting days are over but they still can be grandparents!

I agree with . You may as well be a native English speaker. As a published writer and produced screenwriter, you tricked me.

>20 years
Oops. I meant 10 years. When they're in their 30s.
Once they get married the idea will definitely come up at some point. Question is who would bring it up first.

=kek

I wonder what change Max would have to make in the past to end up a timeline like this

I'm not sure the song you linked would fit musically, but lyrically, yes, I can see it, and that quality you described.

I think this would work, in its retrospective feeling, of something slipping away after looking back at its progression.

youtube.com/watch?v=T5AG5Rl-ziQ

I think a kid could bring more life into Joyce and David's marriage again, giving them new energy and motivation to deal with their problems, but it's true that pregnancy beyond one's fourties comes with increased complications and risks, and perhaps they really just are past even wanting children.

The idea of Max and Chloe as parents is too sweet for me not to at least entertain it as well, but yeah, it's headcanon through-and-through, seeing how distant even just as a concept it is for them as we get to know them in the game. Marriage and a dog are definitely in there though!

That's great to read!

I guess that's the Turing test for foreign languages passed.

Oh, yeah, not really the greatest fit musically. Perhaps not hitting on the melancholic notes of the bittersweetness in it enough. But I was excited how incredibly well it fit lyrically, considering its thematic fit, being a Blade Runner song and all.

I could see "Overture" playing for the final moments of the AU, starting once the cinematic cuts in when Max goes to inject the morphine, sits down again, the farewell, and then also play for the remainder of the cut scene where Max goes back into the photo, lets William leave, talks to Chloe... fading out and giving way slowly to "In My Mind" with the photo transitions.

I think "Overture" would fit better in an interlude between the morphine injection, and the photo jump to let William die.

It would span the beach, over the beached whales, maybe having them carried away into the tide, then back to a serenely laying Chloe as it fades into the last notes.

This song, for me, could have played in the AU, or even the bae ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=h639y09K-2I

I do think a kid would calm down David a bit but there's still the issue of age.

My own idea for him is that he retires from Blackwell after everything and after the investigations.
Joyce got injured during the storm, she recovers but for the time after David was there for her and it really pulled the two of them closer together (Especially when Chloe was safe and away with Max's family in Seattle).
The owner of Two Whales decided to leave and gave the diner to Joyce. She and David own and run it together. It's much less stressful, they make decent money, and they spend more time together. Eventually they will also end up babysitting their grandkids so they interact with children that way.

That's also a possible place for it. I kind of thought of "Overture", being instrumental, as a heavier, more composed counterpart to the more anxious and excited "Kids Will Be Skeletons". As that, it would play us all the way out of the AU like the latter did us into it.

"One More Kiss Dear" could conveniently play from the TV set, the film being on repeat and at just that moment for the scene.

Not sure what I make of "I Wanna Go To Marz". Maybe it'd have grown on me through its use in the game though.

Sounds sensible. I could see David kind of finding a calling in helping rebuild Arcadia, or even just the diner. In a sense, it could be a very healing experience for his PTSD-related issues, seeing as how it's helping relief efforts in what is similar to a post-war scenario. Feeling like he belongs, is needed, can help.

I bet the cops would poke fun at him in the diner, and he'd have become a man that can take it, has more easy-going self-deprecation than his militaristic self-discipline. He'd even wear an apron when he's helping in the kitchen, lol. Maybe Chloe would joke about how hella gay he looks wearing it, and he'd respond "You'd know".

Ha! I would love to see some banter between Chloe and David. I think over time they would grow closer, their whole family would. Max would offer her help where she could, being a confidant or counselor if needed (They still need professional help though).

>no Joyce in the diner photo
One job, collage creator.

But I know the funeral they attend in the second photo is Rachel's, and Joyce is well!

I think that's the funny thing: they will grow closer with distance. Once Chloe is out of the house and living with Max, probably in Seattle both studying, the times they do talk or meet back with Joyce and David will be all the merrier for it.

>The Price women lead both polls for the month
Nice.

A render based on that photo we can find on her PC.

Cute! It was good to see that Chloe did have some happy moments during those five years.
She was definitely sad and angry overall, but Rachel and her did have some fun times.
Those small moments must have been really appreciated by Chloe and helped her keep going.

Interesting edits:

youtube.com/watch?v=FPHMidl71DY

youtube.com/watch?v=fab8e5K1f6c

youtube.com/watch?v=R3ONBnuvvv8

I think so too. Those little happinesses they gave each other, breathers of rejuvenation (and weed), little isles of escape and carelessness in the waters of sadness that filled her life and trapped her during those five years.

Look at the beat poet here...

It was also time for Chloe to discover who she was and who she wasn't.
The time apart gave her, as well as Max, a lot of time to think about their lives and what they had and what they were missing. Which turned out very clearly to be each other.
It's a shame Rachel met the fate she did, and that she hurt Chloe by lying, but she was still there for Chloe and helped her a lot when seemingly no one else would.

>shame

Kind of an understatement. It's a tragedy.

True. It is. Nobody deserves that kind of fucked up death, accidental or not.
If Max really wanted to I think she could save Rachel but it would be one of the biggest gambles possible. I think it's just too far back to do without risking even worse things occurring as a result.

Let me try it again!

I agree, it was an important time of their lives, and for their relationship, in as much as it defined them and made them who they became, led to what they then were to become together in their reunion.

And so just as from the soil of that tragic separation ultimately something good grew, perhaps the same can be said for the tragedy of Rachel's passing, one day. Maybe her death contributed or will contribute to the fall of Prescotts, bringing peace and harmony and nature back to Arcadia. Maybe it lead to Max and Chloe's reunion and their survival to begin with. Maybe it was the reason Jefferson's crimes were ever revealed to the world. It wasn't in vain, and from the soil of her grave there'll also grow something again.

The more I play this game the more I feel like this girl is Chloe and Max's daughter...

I think Rachel's death sealed the Prescott's fate.
Nathan is either dead or going to a mental asylum for the rest of his life, Jefferson is going to prison for the rest of his, and the Dark Room will be traced back to Sean, which unveils all his other misdeeds and corruption.
The entire family's reputation is done and anyone involved will be finished having any influence or wind up in a cell as well.

At the end of it all, Rachel watches over her friends and the town she was so desperate to get out of. But from her afterlife she can take satisfaction knowing she won and those she cared about; Chloe and Frank, are alright despite all they've been through.

She does kind of look like it. Neat.
So far they seem to have three daughters from three different timelines. The one you posted, the girl in the art gallery in Ep 5, and Tracer.

She has Chole's voice since its the same VA as well. She looks like some weird hybrid of Max, Rachel and Chloe TBQH.

I heard she was voiced by Ashly. I don't play too many new games so all I've seen in the trailers and general summaries.