/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 12th:
538 – Vitiges, king of the Ostrogoths ends his siege of Rome and retreats to Ravenna, leaving the city in the hands of the victorious Byzantine general, Belisarius
1550 – Several hundred Spanish and indigenous troops under the command of Pedro de Valdivia defeat an army of 60,000 Mapuche at the Battle of Penco during the Arauco War in present-day Chile
>News
CK2 DD44 - An Expansion Should Not Travel Alone
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-43-an-expansion-should-not-travel-alone.1001889/

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580608756
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B

Why the fuck is Distant worlds, a space game, in the OP?

Its one of the 4x thats good enough to be here. Its been there forever so might as well leave it. I mean saying you cant be 4x and gsg is like saying a movie cant be action and adventure.

You fucking based and white non-shitposter

How do I not have shit armies as a South American country? After a few hundred years even other native countries could shut me down even if I outnumbered them 4 to 1

>Finish building temple for Dominicans
>Name my son the bishop
>He has some bad illness but it's okay he has the best treatment modifier
>He dies days later
Thanks for the "successful treatment" doc

what game

Sorry, EU4

How the fuck does Jake get away with half the shit he says?

La Plata

as a native tribe, keep upkeep high, don't fall behind in tech, pick offesnive and quality idea groups after colonisation

what's with the nigger neighborhoods

La Plata is white and based

Jake and Chris are the best commentary duo.

>wife of my miliatry advisor wants to kill my son during a campaign
k den

yeehaw

this is a lot of niggers

>trees are niggers

what

Those are parks and plazas (town squares), nobody lives there

Hmm, I guess I fucked up with my ideas, and getting reformed too late.

I picked colonization first because I needed it to get closer to Western nations, and because I needed more land (trying for Sun God). But now it's just too late in the game, I managed to wreck Portugal, but some native assholes allied with France and they wrecked me.

argentinian disinfo group spotted

Dont listen to them, its alot of black guys in suits and afros

What start date?
But they're Venice not Genoa, they'd rather build a canal through Egypt than suppourt a war with the ottomans

we get it dude you go on Veeky Forums

>using one type of poo in loo to beat the other
Is this peak perfidion, lads?

Do you not know how to cross-board post?

Which one of you fags posted this >allying your neighbour rather than allying bengal to partition your neighbour
You could gain from those East Indies provinces but India itself is far more wealthy

unbased newfag lad

What's a good Italy strategy in DH?

>not taking the Bengal delta for it's trade
Besides, bahamaists fight better.

Black and not based

Is Game of War grand strategy ?

Where do I find the EU4 DLC activator?

Is GOY$ grand strategy?

I've married the Princess of Austurias, who is set to inherit the Kingdom. Our Son will then unify our realms, and hopefully muster enough force to secure all of Brittany. What should this proposed empire be named? Something Welsh themed preferably.

ymerodraeth llorweddol

i've literraly put "horizontal empire" on google translate

>horizontal empire
>it runs vertically
Why

You must unify all the gaelic lands, (ireland scotland wales cornwall bretagne and galicia), the rest of Asturias is not needed tho.

In medieval times, West was up on the map

just pick some Arthurian name

i'm retarded

white men

Actually it was the East, hence the word "Orientate" from orient.

Perhaps I could grant Austurias independence when I get to that point. I would like to unify the gaelic lands, but it would seem like another blob.

I didnt think of that. Was the Legend of the round table around before normans?

>not orienting from the bottom
Plebicus maximums

And done. I demanded they annul their alliance with Janpaur and Malacca as well so future conquests will be a lot easier there.

don't blob on scotland

How does spain lose so hard to natives? They are always deep in debt.

Yeah make Bahmanis stronger why not. You can beat any of those curryniggers at a rate of 20 to 1 (assuming you have Quality and Innovation) so why bother?

Yes, Arthur was from 500 AD or so, right after the Fall of the WRE. Say youre rebuilding his tiny kingdom into an empire, reborn king of wales.

Hi, EU4 questions here

1. What are considered Diplomatic Relationships? So far, I think they're

Alliances
Royal Marriages
Vassals
Military Access

Anything else?

2. What Ideas or whatever can increase my Diplomatic Relationships? Diplo tech has one, what else?

3 In Combat Width, let's say I have 22, what does that mean? Is the optimum army composition 20 Infantry 2 Cavs?

Thanks.

That's perfect actually. I like to put a little backstory to my realms in this game. Thanks!

Its usualy wars. They drag them out for no reason to get that last few % even if it costs them a couple thousand since it doesnt hurt their income that much. I mean Ive seen them a couple thousand in debt last 1300s and still get double digit income.

Yeah, but now I realize they make terrible allies.

>3 In Combat Width, let's say I have 22, what does that mean? Is the optimum army composition 20 Infantry 2 Cavs?

Combat Width is how many regiments can stand in a row, not counting flanking.

So with 22 combat width you can have 22 Infantry/Cavalry in the row, and then some extra regiments on each side depending on the flanking range(different for cav and depends on tech).

If you have 22 combat width you can have 22 infantry and then 4(2 on each side) cavalry flanking.

Questions 1 and 2 can be answered by the wiki you lazy cunt.

Combat width is pretty much what you say, yes.

Early game match your enemy's width with infantry and add 1 cavalry at each end for flanking. Enemy has 10? You take 10 infantry with a cav at each end for max shock damage.

Never let your enemy flank you and remember, if an enemy's combat width is 22 and he has a 50 stack he can only face you with 22 at a time (not counting cannons, just talking early game for now)

Great allies early, horrible late. Take them when you just start then drop them hen you feel like it. Paper tiger.

Trade can change whilst development is constant
>what are diplomatic relationships
Anything permanent basically so marriage, military access, supporting independence
>what increase diplo limit
Level 3 advisors will mean you can accomadate the -1 mana. National idea groups, idea groups
>optimum army comp
Best army comp is 6 cavalry, 2 times combat width for infantry, and as much cannons as possible. 6 cav is so you can compile them into 4 once you take casualties in the first battle, as only 2 cav can fight on each flank at a time
Just pay their debt off and they'll love you causing them to join further wars

dead goldsmiths and weaponsmiths keep arriving at my court, is the item feature bugged or is this normal? also i paid a goldsmith 600$ at the start of my game and i didnt get anything.

>tfw HIP/CK2+ both hit my performance hard
I can't stand vanillas map and lack of events/decisions

North or South?

thanks!

>North or South
Disregard, saw the Qing flag and assumed you were talking KR.

For Vanilla:
Your best (but least interesting) bet is to ally with Germany and let them deal with France. Send some units with them in Barbarossa but by and large pump out doomstacks of Subs/Naval Bombers + fighters to control the Mediterranian.

Build Mot/Mech/L-Arm (Cav or L-Inf at the very least) and run amok in Africa. Suez should be your priority, after that mop up the Levant. Push out from Ethiopia and start capturing any ports where they can bring in supplies from the Indian Ocean.

If your a madman then capture North Africa and dig in wherever you feel secure to prevent any Allied units from coming up from the South and then push your forces up through Persia into the Soviet Union and India simultaneously.

can you annex Persia in HPM like you can with Egypt? or you can only make them your puppet?

>tfw too dumb to get into these games

>formal expression of gratitude

If you follow that guy's advice in the early game you're going to go broke. 2 cavalry and 1 cannon when you unlock them. You'll know when you can afford more cannons.

Who is a good doomed nation to play?

It's not a question of your intellect it's a question of your willingness and attention span.

Transylvania

You are right, im thinking my attention span is the limiter here.

So what if I told you that the more devotion you put in, the more reward you will get out?

is paracuck planning any new releases?

More 20 dollar updates for EU4 and Stellaris =)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw france is getting balkanized and their separatist states become my vassals
comfy
although maybe i should have left lucky nations enabled because for some reason a lot of nations fall into irrelevance due to shitload of debts and huge rebel stacks that match their forcelimit

fuck ... I was hopping for a hoi4 AI fix or a new gaym

I'm hoping for loads on HOI4 and Vic3 as well.

in EU4 or vicky 2?

EU4 or CK2

>Vicky 3
>Has production system of HOI4
>Has AE system of EU4
>Same Pops system
>Revamped political system

>broke with 2cav 1cannon
>what is building a warchest
Unless he's a 1PM he can afford 14 inf 6 cav, as long as the force limit allows it of course

economy system should be revamped too desu

too autistic

>coalitions
>in 1445
Pick one
still gay you can't declare war as soon as you start

>Has production system of HOI4
Fucking retarded. goy4's production system is a dumbed down version of vic2's

>Has AE system of EU4
retarded.

>to colonize now you must send your actual pops to claim the colony
>fights between the pops and natives breaks out.
>trade system from eu3

Why are you threatening war? Do you have other, more important wars to get to?

Take every opportunity you can to put France to war and loot every province dry. Don't end the war until you're beat or you see that they have at least 15 loans. Taking one province is letting an endgame power off lightly.

map mod?

That's just monetarily inefficient and sub-optimal for a European country.

More then 1 cannon is useless until the stats get buffed later in the game.
Depends on which mod, its 50/50 infantry cav in Meiou until 30 something tech when you get that huge boost to cannons fire value. Then its like 40/20/30 and keep phasing out until its 4/1/4 at the end.

>let's just take the """good""" parts of other Pdox games and combine them together to make Vicky3! xddd

this wont work, the only way to make a truly fun and rewarding Vicky game is to redesign every mechanic and system to be grognard-tier realistic

>dumbed down from vic2
>you just click on the province to create the unit and that's it

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580608756

Youre joking, Cav is ridiculously superior early game, like 3-4x as effective for 2x the price, which doesnt even matter since its all about getting the most out of your force limit unless your the HRE or Castile where you just steam roll over everyone. Shock is just plain better early game.

SOrry revolutionary republic Protestant Prussia in 1501
>more than 1 Cannon is useless
You what m8 they have more fire from the second rank than infantry, and help with sieges so always have at least 6 for a quick siege