I thought the whole C7 Z06 overheating/engine breaking was an Veeky Forums meme but this shit actually happens

I thought the whole C7 Z06 overheating/engine breaking was an Veeky Forums meme but this shit actually happens

see vid below and skip to 12:52

youtu.be/NzuptRdvkL8?t=12m52s

t. someone who like GTR's and Z06's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nu6bYlKy0Y8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't meme about falsities
I only meme facts
So why question me

memeolgy

>"then it overheated every time i used it"
>"5 laps"
>"every time"
L O L
O
L

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JUST WAIT UNTIL PREZ/O/ SEES THIS

HE IS GOING TO DO THOSE "WHY HAVENT YOU BOUGHT A CORVETTE" THREAD FOR DAYS TO DEAL WITH THE ASSMAD

JUST

yep it's real as shit. m my realtor blew his up doing a highway pull in the summer.

So he never tried the heatshield trick or cat relocate? I guess if you have fuck-you money, why bother.

elaborate?

youtube.com/watch?v=nu6bYlKy0Y8

The GTR slaughter the new z06. Well first, let's talk base. A bone stock 2013 gtr can hit 0-60 in 2.7 seconds bone stock. With the rear wing removed, the z06 hits it in 2.9. The gtr hits the quarter bone stock 2013 in 10.79, while the corvettes best quartermile was 10.95 I believe with a couple mods. Tracks? Base GTR is faster than zr1, Nismo annihilates. Around the redbullring, the Nismo was much faster than the new z06. So what about price? Gtr engines are HAND BUILT by only four men in the world. I'd rather pay a good price for excellent engineering than cheap plastic factory line z0shit

The reason they overheat is the cat is located in a stupid place because I think they have 2 cats

So what you do is you fix what GM didn't and put the cat not next to the engine block because the last thing you want next to a giant aluminium heat sink is a 500 degree catalytic converter to put more heat in an already stressed system

>engine blew first day at the track, at 140mph

I have a rotary meme machine and it's both turned more laps and gone faster than 140mph, and it's a quarter-century old. Checkmate, GM.

Fuck me, this is goddamn hilarious.

All it had to do was survive one day at VIR to beat the Z06 and it did.

Just barely had enough time to get up there on the back straight though. Did get hot as fuk by the end of the day, but shit didn't blow.

Literally nobody cares. No one here can afford either car. The Corvette is tens of thousands of dollars cheaper. $30k+ for less than 0.2 seconds in the quarter mile is the definition of autism.

>fixing an $80k car because it was designed like shit

Nah, I just won't buy a car that had a retarded design flaw.

Cat needs to be there cuz of (((cold start emissions)))

speak for yourself. there are a few people on here that can actually afford either of these

yeah it happens but its not every car like autists on Veeky Forums would have you believe

>boomer babies that are babied don't overheat
More breaking news at nine

I'm stationed in Japan these days. The Z06 is almost twice as much as a base GTR

well no shit youre in Japan. Obviously the person you replied to was talking about here in the US.

>that wrx towards at the end

issa impreza.

w/ a wrx engine.

also fender rust

just

Hey where are you stationed senpai?

senpai land

I know, I'm going to be stationed in Japan soon. Was curious what base you were at

Move the cats away from the oil cooler, and put a heatshield between it and the exhaust.

Bump lol

tommy farrel please go stay go

Bump for Prez/o/ trigger

GM BTFO

At most there will be an average of 30f difference between Temps (it's been tested)
the problem is the Supercharger

Bump for Prez/o/ trigger lol

>Prez/o/ just ignores the thread and swallows that bitter pill

Lol

just

Doing god's work. The people need to know.

>not doing a simple fix to an 80k car so it can smoke 6-digit cars

Where are the proofs? I swear some forum guys had excellent results with both fixes applied.

bump before i go to bed

I don't understand why GM figured it needed to go all edgy looking and plastic hurr durr murica can build a sports car too!
ffs, no, the c6 not only looked better, it was also better engineered.

to me it goes like this c6

GM wanted to target a different generation of potential Corvette buyers. Most Vet owners are older men or boomers. And despite all the fuck ups the C7s have had, GM sold a lot of them. The C7 is on track to becoming the highest selling generation of corvettes yet.

i think they look tacky as fuck now, they used to be like this cool sleek design that instantly was recognizable as an american race car that will unleash fury upon it's rivals in a straight line.

Now all it unleashes is oil, while not looking that cool.
Part of the beauty was the "hurr durr POWER!!!!!" simple, effective and reliable.

can someone edit that part out to be a single vid.

bampu

OH MY GOD IS THAT A V6 FTYPE

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT

What it looks great

6cyl jaguars are normal you fag

bump

alfanso

.. s

>vocal gm fangirls nowhere to be found

>fix what GM didn't
Literally every GM car

Op here. I didnt think was going to be a huge deal.

You were wrong, kiddo

This guy blows up every car engine he touches. He should stop driving around max RPM in second gear for 5 consecutive laps.

>buys new car
>takes it to the track immediately
>"why do all these engines break?"

>gm fangirls defending horrible build quality
stockholm syndrome?

>Buy a GM car
>Expect it to be fit for purpose
There's your problem

I'm sure that's a risk most people are willing take. Your getting a car that costs $200k less than the competitors yet still competes. What do you expect?