darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg (embed) (embed)
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Last thread:

Dead gen until more Crimson Court info?

It's kinda pointless to put it to that with how soon things are coming out. No reason we can't just keep up some casual discussion until then.

>idiots say highwayman is the least useful hero

Those opinions of shitters never fail to amuse me.
Finished Stygian with 2 deaths in DD4 and HWM is my favorite damage dealer for any dungeon.

So what are you all doing in the mean time? I'm trying to kill all the bosses so I can finish off DD quests properly. I'm taking my time playing through the game but I wish half of the time there were quests worth doing but as it stands, I have most of the trinkets I want and almost everything maxed out.

Didn't realize I would be burnt out before hearing anything about CC. It's been way too long.

would you rather heal Compulsive or Egomania with a free sanitarium use?

I'm playing Stygian mode and find myself in a bit of a quandary. I'm not even half way through the mode and I've got plenty of level 5s, so I'm not worried about time, but I don't want to spend time and money on champ dungeons or bosses. I don't think my teams are quite ready for DD though because I don't have enough deeds for full level 5 equips yet. So I'm debating how much time and resource I want to risk to get it all together. Anyone else playing Stygian have this problem?

I wanna finish the game at least on normal mode before crimson comes out. I have like 19 heroes on lvl 6, about 130 something weeks into the game, and beat every boss under lvl 5 except swine god.

For some reason im just super reluctant when it comes to actually fighting the bosses and doing the darkest dungeon.

Right along side you, grown too attached to my heroes to risk using them.

I've gotten better recently, done half the champ bosses and Vvulf, as well as gotten almost all the Ancestor trinkets from long champ quests. But still coming up with excuses not to set foot in DD or champ Weald

Oh for some reason im not all that attached to my heroes, I've lost plenty good ones over the past months of gameplay, but for some reason I just super avoid the bosses.

Maybe I should just get on with it. Stop being such a little bitch.

I dragged this fight longer than I expected.

Just met my first Virago. Thank god for GR crits cause my Leper and BH were not prepared. Lesson learned

Is there a link to the kickstarter stuff, like art our soundtrack? Want to check those out.

Oh cock

You know what

Fuck it. Im gonna do it. Its only a lvl 1 shambler. Worst case I can try to run and get wiped.

You should do it after completing your quest. It's only a few steps away.

He lived on death's door while afflicted against a 4 turn buffed clapperclaw.

Based fucking manatarms.

Not mad about the other bounty hunter, he was lvl 1 anyway.

of course I did.

That's cos he was complete trash until the Antiquarian update, and now he's still only useful for his melee abilities.

He's not bad but he's still only half a hero. At least he's not Crusader.

Trying to do Stygian, but i'm gonna speedrun it like that guy who finished the game in 18 weeks.

Compulsive imho

Egomania only affects a total of four curios while Compulsive affects all of them.

>When you get dicked by the collecter

Better overconfidence my ass out of there. I just got the shrieker's prize quest also, what do I take on it?

Bandaids
Kills the nest first

hoooooooly fucking shit thats a lot of stuff. But i thought the shrieker gave you back your trinkets?

God damn he hurts, almost got him though, got him down to about 30 hp. Got lucky with my houndmaster, bless you rngesus.

I got a little bit of everything cause I didnt know what to expect.

Is it worth locking corvid's eye on said houndmaster?

+ACC and +Scouting right? I locked mine in ASAP

Then I made a good choice. God rid of slowdraw alongside it too.

I hoped I'd get corvids eye on my arbalest though, but I supposed HM is good enough.

If there's a "Top 5 quirks" then Corvid's Eye and Corvid's Grace are in there. It's one improved regular quirk + a unique quirk in one slot, and you can only get them in that rare Shrieker encounter.

Absolutely no reason you shouldn't lock them.

It really bothers me that the pelagic enemies all have visible eyes. I do like the touch of the shamans wearing the tiara though.

But user, if you think about it,
All the really alien/monstrous things have visible eyes.
Eyes are a symbol of the Thing's influence in earnest. [/spoiler.]
Look ALL around in the Darkest Dungeon. Look at all those eyes.

Just fucking did the third Darkest Dungeon level and FUCK THE FUCKING FAGGOTY FUCKING TELEPORTING CUNT. I was about to kill him and the FAGGOT teleported my party T H R E E FUCKING TIMES. Everyone's dead because of that stupid fucking spell. I hope whoever thought that was a good idea dies in a car crash.

Rank from best to worse class you'd want to share a campfire with.

Best: GR. snuff it up and fuck.

Religious camping skills in a party with 2 or more religious characters are fucking bananas.

>he didn't bring a plague docter

Houndmaster best camper. Doggo protects you from monsters while you sleep, scouts the dungeon, and licks your face to remind you why you're fighting.

Best tier: Jester
Runner Up: Highwayman and Grave Robber
Okay tier: everyone else
cuddling with leeches tier: Plague Doctor

>You get picked on for mockery

>it's another Jester telling nonstop Leper jokes episode

I'll take the backdoor, user ;)

Snuffing seems a bit shady for a lady like that.

She's a shady lady.

This is very true. PD doesn't seem super clean either.

dazed

REELING

About to BREAK

Anyway is mod support added yet/soon? Havent played and checked the general in a while.

From what I've seen on steam I'm estimating it's gonna be ready in the next two weeks.

a boat to break

damn i still need that fucking shambler map trinket and im already at week 120 kek

Post your shitty game ideas for Darkest Dungeon anons.
> New Champion Ruins enemy with high dodge (semi-similar to Shrieker's) that absorbs and adds onto himself corpses to increase it's size, hp, damage and move set. At the cost of losing it's dodge and speed.
> New defense missionc in an area, where it takes place in a single room and you begin to fend off wave after wave of enemies that get increasingly difficult until you fight a New Boss. There are camping breaks however, to ensure your party doesn't get completely fucked.
> Weald Broodmother boss, that covers the entire map with alot web traps (which only just apply a slow debuff but no damage) and if they catch someone, you engage combat with her or a group of spiders.Once she's low or when it's turn 4 she immediately retreats back to the Boss Room to massively regenerate health, buying you more time to explore the dungeon and activate traps without getting engaged upon by her but you will still get attacked by normal spiders.

>enemies that do nothing but stall the fight by gradually lowering your acc to 0 so you have to retreat from them

Would actually teach ppl that there is a retreat option

>every ~10th attack is a massive crit so you cant use them to heal up

>1 damage away from one-shotting HoD

I just made a ghoul variant with a mouth in the chest, he maggot carrier, it's attacks spawn maggots that gain bonuses agains bleeding targets, it also can inflict 2 new illments, gangrenous necrosis and septicemia.

Damn son how'd you manage that?

Leper with +damage amulets, stacking revenge and PD buffs on him, some decent quirks and then landing a crit

Oh neato, I'll need to give that a try sometime.

Difficulty?

Hardest.

Good man

I like the alternate map boss idea. reminds me of the later DD missions and throws in some added variety to places we've seen before.

So I'm just starting out and I'm not sure what do do with attacks that move your party around. It seems like some of the moves that have this effect are really useful and can help you with when you get surprised, but others are for classes where you usually wouldn't want them to move and it feels weird to use them. Any advice?

This game is too fucking good

>Finished DD1 with houndmaster, occultist, PD, and bounty hunter
>Prepare for my first foray into DD2
>No idea what the fuck i'm going to do
>Assume that the talismans of the flame are referencing some sort of powerful attack by a new enemy, and since there's three, I can only assume you need to guard or protect one of your party members who aren't using the trinket
>Bring MAA, Leper, Arb, and Occ
>Buy literally all the food, holy water, antivenom, and bandages available
>Panicking because I can't use my good trinkets and have to choose the most important ones for each class to bring along
>Start up the mission and realize I didn't buy torches, even more stressed due to the possibility of this being a massive fuckup
>Manage to equally maintain stress with careful use of campfires, but my Arb becomes afflicted
>Occ gets a resolve check
>Stalwart
>MAA gets one
>Stalwart
>take time healing up and stunning the remaining templar when I kill his allies to prep for the next battles
>Finish the dungeon my first try, relatively easily, probably would have still been A-ok even if everyone became afflicted

Such a fucking satisfying, successful feeling, boys.

Also, the endgame in this is really satisfying. I feel really tense, I guess it's the fear of the unknown and each new iteration of the darkest dungeon being differently dangerous and filled with things you don't know how to prepare for, knowing you could lose your A team, but you'll carry back the knowledge of how to better perform next time. Also the whole atmosphere of things, as well, and the new ancestor dialogue.

Are you making a variant mod pack? Sounds fun desu

The bigger the risks and the stakes, the bigger the satisfaction. The soundtrack at the end really helps.

>week 32 Stygian
>Guild 66%
>Blacksmith 84%
How am I doing lads?

Skills are much more important.

Skills are not more important. The most important thing is upgrading your weapons

>Tfw mastering long champion dungeons

Haha holy fuck anons, every long run brings in about 80 crests, and 20-30 of a couple other heirlooms.

My inventory each time is literally just all heirlooms, this is ridiculous.

For each weapon upgrade is a small jump in dmg and crit. Upgrading skills become more important so they count for every time you use them. Compare being able to do 1-3 more dmg with a stun that never fails or upgraded heal that lets you survive a attack with 1 more hp. Upgrading certain skills give accuracy and crit boosts on top of that. Upgrading party buffs give them better potency to make them worthwhile and usable. Take into account that you don't have the trinkets you need to make certain skills much more than usable at early game like HM's baton, jester's stress heal, PD's vial, occultist's incense, leper's forunate bandlet (you shouldn't use him until after you get a ACC trinket through) or adom's restraining/dmg locks.

Welcome to the Got Gud club.

I know I'm late but I just got this on Vita and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed, everything is pretty close to pushing my shit in, is this normal?

Also, I just barely beat the collector, is that a boss or a normal enemy?

The Collector is a regular mob, at later levels you fight 4 of them at the same time and they each summon 3 heads. The screen actually adjusts/zooms out to accommodate them all, it's very intimidating.

Shush you. Don't spoil the surprise.

It's normal at first. The entire game is about risk management, and pushing the rng in your favor.

The Collector is a miniboss of sorts that appears randomly sometimes when your inventory is partially full of loot, I think.

Some general beginner's tips i can give you would be something like:

-Feel free to dismiss low level people who pick up bad quirks, and become afflicted if they don't have any money put into them through armor and skill upgrades
>Don't everbe afraid to run from fights, and missions as a whole, if it means saving a good hero, or one you spent a lot of money on
>Always being a little bit more food than you think you'll need. if you're doing medium or long missions, keep in mind the requirements for having a feast for the when you camp, so you can restore health and stress easily
>Bring one person with a campfire skill that negates nighttime ambushes, trust me, they'll fuck you over HARD sometimes
>learn that the curious you encounter in hallways and in rooms
>Scouting is incredibly useful, it lets you see traps, predict what's coming and set routes accordingly if you need toa void a fight if your team isnt doing well, and lets you chart out secret rooms. it als entirely prevents you from being surprised, even at 0 light
>Buy more supplies than needed, learn what locations need what supplies for the curios and enemies/ status effects contained therein
>Target the backline stressers right away. You can heal damage easier, but stress is more difficult to deal with, and can result in affliction checks which can add on to the piling stuff which will screw up your runs
>Generally try and run teams with good synergies, people who can attack from most spots no matter what their formation, people who can stun, etc.
>Healing isn't always the best course of action, and you may do better to try killing the enemy first and heal when you're safer

You'll learn more over time, but I hope some of this general information helps a lot.

Wow I fucked up that post a lot

Shameful

>critical Treebranch Smackdown
good fucking lord

Had one up already, but the code its really outdated as its from beta era DD, im updating it and now that I've become experienced with photoshop I can do the artwork miself instead of delegating it and ending up with just a recolored version.

>tfw finally got Ancestor's Lantern
Torchless Runs are now basically a piece of cake.

Hypothetically, is houndmaster the best choice for this trinket?

Now here me out on this one. There are a number of reasons why I think there isn't another hero more suited for this:
>dodges count more when your hero is at death's door than anything since it increases your hero's chances of surviving a DD check
>he has ranged attacks to strike any position and make the most out of the trinket buff
>he even has an AoE attack + dog treats to increase his lethality
>can self heal if you need to back out on using the trinket
The gimmick focus is to use houndmaster without healing him until he hits DD and finish off most enemies. He should be equipped with another trinket or quirk to boost his dodge and speed so you can negate the chance of him dying prematurely and give you opportunity to choose fight/self heal. Killing enemies before they do potential harm to him is priority and focus on healing him if there is a chance that he lands on DD with a DoT in effect.

Your main strategy is to bring more food/bandage/anti-venom just so you can fix him. Don't gamble the trinket's effects if there is a chance your houndmaster will get DoT. When you decide to use the seal, have him bodyguard people to increase his dodge and center the damage towards him so he can get DD faster. Buff his spd and dodge over damage which he can muster with 2 unlocked remaining quirks or bonuses against beast. When he hits DD, have him wipe out enemies and heal him whenever you feel like there's a good chance he won't make it. Recommended quirks to give him are evasive, quick reflexes, unyielding, last gasp, clutch hitter, second wind, Beast x-er and other damage quirks.

Discuss.

Torrent where?

>4 More days till it comes out in Europistan.

FUCKING GOD DAMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Why did it get delayed, according to the wiki it was scheduled to release 3 days ago.

I lost 2 lvl 5's to that dumb fucking skill today, a crusader and a hwm.

FUCK

I dont know, but I know it came out in America a while back, in japan on the 23rd and its coming out in europe on the 17th.

I personally use Jester when fucking around with Death's Door stuff. Your idea isn't a bad one, but Jester has the other highest Deathblow resist trinket in the game and I personally find that extra 12% more valuable.

Maximum Death's Blow resistance caps at 87%

But if you can deal a shit ton of damage with finale then that would be interesting.

>Maximum Death's Blow resistance caps at 87%
>implying that'll ever make a difference

>20% increased chance to avoid permadeath
Yeah.

>going for that ach with starting duo
>leveling them on easier stuff
>Swine King
>Occultist stunned by Wilbur twice in a row
>King crits Dismas
>Dismas ripostes him and kills him
And then Dismas died on Swine King from Wilbur

>taking them to boss fights
>not just leveling them up on short missions
You have only yourself to blame.

True true.
Oh well.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago
except he riposted and killed wilbur instead

>he takes the cripple class duo to bosses
even tho crusade is honestly not that bad, you can set it with a man at arms an constantly push it back with the stun to spam holy lance.

>leper is a dude who got leprosy but wants to do good with what life he has left
>abomination is a dude who got forcibly turned into a demon but wants to use his unholy strength for good
>leper: NO I HATE THAT GUY
really... makes u.... go huh.......

It's implied the Abom did it himself.

Where?

Leper is a religious fanatic and abomination is walking, talking blasphemy.

Some of his barks imply he was a scientist beforehand and that he fucked something up.

he most probably went full Hag and at some point started to experiment on itself, it is stated the Hag once was an attractive lady, and probably the only one the ancestor had any professional respect for, now she's probably trapped on her "abomination mode"

>implying hew and rake wouldn't be the most broken combo ever

Feels 40s man