Gf drives standard and only has driven standard Corolla

>gf drives standard and only has driven standard Corolla
>she drives my auto Accord on a road trip while I "sleep"
>Transmission goes 5th > 3rd > 5th > 3rd > 5th > 3rd the whole time we're on the highway with the car repeatedly jumping between 2k and 5k rpm
>"Sorry hunny I don't know how to drive automatic, your car is too fast!"

>not having cvt transmission

I've never driven an automatic, but it doesn't sound like it's her fault
You have a shit car

Does she peg you, too?

I haven't driven auto in so many years I can't even tell if this makes sense.

It means she's flooring it every single time she accelerates which causes the auto to downshift twice

why would she do that.
you dont do that in a manual, so why would it be a habit.

>you don't do that in a manual

Except you do, situation depending of course.

funny concept for a shitpost, I give you that

you're always flooring your manual in regular traffic? what do you drive?

>letting a girl drive

>Transmission goes 5th > 3rd > 5th > 3rd > 5th > 3rd
She is not bothering to learn that automatics have a little lag to get to speed compared to a manual that gives that acceleration feeling right away. So she is stomping the accelerator pedal down in order to give her the same physical acceleration feeling. So it's no wonder the car is revving hard in the downshift based upon her demand for immediate acceleration as if she was on manual.

Literally she drives an underpowered Corrolabox. Of course she's flooring it.

When I'm going up hills and I'm too lazy to downshift to fourth or when I'm overtaking someone, sure.

Mazda 323/Protege5.

The situation being your car is an underpowered torque less pile of crap, you have no idea how anything works, and it's hilly.

>trying to argue that you shouldn't use full throttle

Next you'll be telling me the Corvette is faster than the GT-R, amirite?

Why are you complaining on your fiance here?

For fucks sake how hard can it be to explain what throttle control is to her?

>Being so autistic that you can't talk to your own gf

>your car is too fast

Did she flick your dick out the window like a cigarette when she said that?

I hate automatics that pretend TC lockup = a whole gear. Drove a friend's Subaru that would skip from "5th" to 3rd very jarringly whenever you even slightly nudged the gas pedal to get up a hill.

Worse - There's no 4 on the gear selector, only D321, so if you manually change down it does the same shit. Can't be good for it.

Also there was no o/d button either, so no choice but to run with the TC locked. Really shitty for trying to not ride the brakes down gradual inclines.

manual transmissions do not suffer from either spontaneously shifting or locking/unlocking TC or not having all of the gear selectors.

I rented few cars in the US while, all of them were auto and they suck. No engine braking, no feedback on the steering wheel, it's ridiculous.

>automatics are easier!
>they literally aren't

Fuck that noise I'm keeping my normal transmission, thank you very much.