So I am after a blobeye WRX

So I am after a blobeye WRX.

around here the regular wrx goes for roughly $10-16k aud

STIs are around $26k+

is it worth spending that much more for the STI or should I just get the regular wrx, get a turboback exhaust and STI kit?

it's going to be a daily driver

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crKCJiOFF-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sexually
Transmitted
Disease

STi will be worth something when you're ready to sell it, WRX will be worth shit all in 5 years time. You can already get a 2012-2014 WRX for less than the price of a bugeye STi, which is exactly what I did.

whats your budget

$30k. ideally I would spend less than $20k but I'm willing to spend more if an STi is really worth it.

I'm set on a blobeye.

if I get a regular WRX will I regret it?

You'll have STI envy if you get a regular. Get an STI.

I'm happy with my hawkeye wagon, but god do I dream of making an STI wagon out of it all the time.

What are the major differences between a reg wrx and STI?

Can I ever make my reg wrx as good as or better than an STi?

I can find a few stock WRX for around $11-12k the STIs avail seem to be modded.

>
>What are the major differences between a reg wrx and STI?

you'll vape at least 20% more clouds

>Can I ever make my reg wrx as good as or better than an STi?

Better, just get a twin coil ohmless mod

This. Dealers even sell stis cheaper than craigslist. Vapers think mods = worth more money when selling.

From what I hear, the WRX has a much weaker transmission.
I could be wrong.
Might be worth it to swap the transmissions for that price though. And if you plan to do coilovers and such then the STI suspension is going to be thrown away anyways.

I own a blob wrx and I can't say I wish it was an Sti, but I'm not a huge speed freak.

Sti is 6 speed, different differential setup, 2.5 instead of 2.0. Has some other minor stuff like an intercooler spray button. The Sti is just a much tighter setup.

If you just want a vapewagon either is fine, but the Sti is certainly the better car if you want to do mods.

Don't look at the new Focus ST Diesel then, or Focus ST-D for short.

Just traded my Blobeye STI lol
Should have spoke up sooner
The EJ25 just wasn't cost effective in terms of making solid power gains. Even after going to a bigger turbo, fmic, etc.
Still a great car though OP.
Look for an 05 not an 04. The 05 has better syncros and the more standard 5x114 lug pattern instead of 5x100

You literally bought the same car, they both have advantages but you chose to take a huge loss

The 4G63 was better suited to my needs for the car. It's a track car.
Where did I take a loss? I went up in terms of vehicle condition.
Plus the Evo is just a better handling car imo.

Evo smokes the sti, sorry pal. However at the price of a Walmart interior and wooden rollercoaster ride

I'll agree the fit and finish of the STI was better. But the oem Recaros in the Evo blow the sti's bouncy seats out of the water.
The car is getting two FIA spec bucket seats and is gonna be set up for road course and tarmac rally. So interior quality wasn't a big deal to me. The way the car handled was.

EVO>>>>shit>>>STI

Dumb Subaru Poster

see
t. owns an evo 8

I'm back, had to go get some quick lunch,
Was under impression your previous STI was in great condition too. I honestly don't think the marginal improvement in handling is worth selling and buying a whole new car. Would you say some pilot supersports and beefier sway bars wouldn't help? I think you took a loss with the well know STI 6spd. They can both be great machines if built properly, you mention you threw alot of money on the sti with all those upgrades so in the end what did you get out of it investing so much just to sell for a car that is said to handle a little better. Again, both great cars just doesn't seem to make sense when both so evenly matched
To my understanding STI is faster EVO just Understeers alot less and feels lighter upfront.
Stop being a shithead they are both great
Relax, I like em both

>they are both great

Wrong

Explain..

It was in pretty good shape but had some wiring issues to be addressed. The transmission was also in need of new syncros and the passenger side head was starting to seep oil.

My cousin/roommate offered to buy the car from me after selling his 14 Sti.
I didn't really want to sell but told him I'd trade for an EVO. (the car I had originally wanted, but I practically stole the STI from the dealer I work for so no complaints)
So we found a clean Evo with nearly equivalent mods and he bought it, then we traded. I wanted to keep the car in the family after all the love I put in it, and I know it's at a good home (mine still lol)

In the end both cars need nearly the same amount of work done to them. It was a tough decision but I decided if I was gonna spend the money on building the car I'd rather have a 500hp Evo than a 350hp STI. I can get better results for the same money.

Plus I hated working on the boxer. Don't get me started on spark plugs. I learned to work on cars working on Toyota 4 cylinders. So I feel at home cranking away on the 4G63.

If he ever gets bored of it or blows the stock EJ I might try to buy it back lol

So you bought a poorly kept/abused STI? How many miles did it have? Not worth the headaches with these cars you have to buy with low miles and pray for the best. Luckily for me it was just a power steering pump and bad coil pack connector which was replaced under warranty (still have). The maintenance is a pain in the ass but it's not too bad if you stay on top of things before shit hits the fan. Realistically will you go for the 500hp? Anything over 400-450 seems like overkill for these cars but hey nice car user enjoy.
So cute

Nah the car was in fair shape. 88k miles
It was all original though. It had no power brakes when I bought it due to a cracked vacuum line, and it boost cut because of a dirty MAF. I had it fixed an less than an hour lol.
The passenger door has been hit and painted. It doesn't quite match and I was gonna have the whole car re painted and restored anyway.
The wiring is a mess from the previous owners obsession with fast and furious gauge pods. Which have all been removed but the wiring remains.

The Evo has 105k miles on it. The body is in pretty much the same shape. A small bump on the driver's side front fender has been repaired before. And now I need to repair those repairs lol. But overall it's a pretty clean car. I'm gonna restore it and set it up as a weekend car/track toy. The car is also on a set of beautiful Evo9 BBS wheels. So I got lucky there.

As for the power output 400 at the wheels is the goal. I don't want to sacrifice spool time for more power. So I'm looking at an FP Green. Which is just a tad larger than the stock Evo 9 turbo.

My next task is to get rid of the stupid turbo timer I hate excess wiring and bullshit I don't need. Where are you from, I've seen a yellow evo just like yours on my commute occasionally

Tampa FL
I'm the only yellow one I know of around here. You just reminded me there's a disconnected HKS turbo timer floating around behind the dash of the Subaru somewhere still! I stuffed it behind the ashtray when I got tired of looking at it

I was talking about the subaru wrx sti with my Normie friends and they got uncomfortable and we stopped talking about it -_-

Ah, im in northern california.I don't get what it is about Subaru owners and tacky pods and timers it's hideous. Rest assured that turbo timer is coming out. A shame no backroads for you in Florida, just parking lot cones to duck amirite?

A few cars ago I bought the z4 coupe (3.0 not z4m). It took me about a month before I wished I had just got the z4m.

Skip ahead to now, I learnt my lesson and bought an sti instead of WRX and I'm so glad I did. It's hard to find someone with a sti who says "wish I just got the WRX"

Do yourself a huge favour and get the sti.

Better yet, sexually transmitted infection

No canyons to carve. But there are some hidden gems here and there. Lots of highway cruising lol

That only makes sense if they are lazy and don't feel like doing the work themselves

If you have never owned a >200 BHP vehicle, the normal WRX will give you plenty of fun to deal with.

The STi might be just overly powerful and you might just fold it against a tree. I have seen plenty of kids ruin their STi within a month after purchase.

unrelated question, but what the hell are these?

>not getting a 1995 GC8 Subaru Impreza STI
>not using said vehicle to play around with cops

youtube.com/watch?v=crKCJiOFF-k

Ricer horns

Hella horns, they're supposed to be really loud.
I'm thinking of getting one because my horn sounds so weak.
But I would paint it black and try to hide it.

Leave em colored. Watch kids call em turbos. It's funny. They actually sound great. I'm gonna get another pair for the Evo and just hide em somewhere.

Bonus you sometimes scare the shit out of people with the horns.

Christ hella horns are pure sex. I'm afraid to put supertones on my pigfat kia sportage though, will that look ridiculous?

>he thinks he needs a STI

you have a death wish?

Just paint them black

In stock trim it's not really that fast
People wreck these things because they think AWD is their savior and they they just understeer into a ditch.

OP doesn't sound like he's 16

The stability and grip gives false sense of security. some find out early and are lucky not to wreck, others not so much

You have to be going so absurdly fast to split any GD Impreza at the B pillar that if it happens to you then you were asking for it.

Everyone learns somehow. I learned the hard way too.
I totaled an 08 nismo 350z like 6 years ago.

Man that was heartbreak. I gotta find a pic of it I should have before and afters.

My best advice is go out and autocross. Go hit a few cones. It's better than hitting a tree!

>08 Nismo 350z
Did you lose traction and slide off the road on a turn? Overcorrected too much?

Overcorrected basically. Drove through a familiar road and didn't account for change in road conditions.

It was a 90 degree left corner I drove pretty quick through everyday to and from home.
The road turned 90 degrees but turned into a dirt road at the end and went into a strawberry field. It happened to be strawberry season so all the trucks had drug some of the dirt up into the road.

I lost the rear when I hit the dirt and over corrected. So when the front tires caught the clean pavement. I went into the ditch and broke a small tree on the right hand side.
Set all the airbags off. That's not fun btw.
But I was fine. A little shaken. Way more upset about my car. It was like hurting a friend.

My tofu dreams destroyed all in one swift blow lmao

Any before/after pictures? What do you drive now? And I don't know how such a situation works out with insurance do you get all the cars value back on a check?

I paid less for the car than what it was worth. So I made a little money. I wanted a larger car at the time so I bought a Mazdaspeed3 and with the leftover money I put a little work into it.

I ended up breaking 2 axles in that car and completely exploding the clutch into powder after a weekend at Bradenton Motorsports park. But I drove that for about 4 years. Towards the end it was returned to stock because I got both new axles under warranty lol.

I bought an R6 after that and actually lost my car keys while riding, and because I didn't want to buy a 300$ key I just rode my bike to work for 6 months straight, 10k miles, untill it got too cold too and I got a key.

Sold the car soon after and bought the 04 STI. I daily drove that for 6 months before my new position at work offered a company vehicle. Thus the Subaru became a weekend/project car.

After a bit work this was the Subaru. I called her old Betsy. I had that up until just recently when I got the Evo.

If you're interested in my garage I've got some other cool stuff.

Fuck those wing stabilizers kill my erection, so now you have the yellow evo and the red mazda? What else?

>mrcummy claims he's going 50mph in this webm when he's obviously going maybe 20mph tops

The wing makes a loud noise at speed. It's from the plasting wing buffeting from the air. They're more function over form.

No I sold the Mazda to buy the Subaru.
Then traded the Subaru to my cousin in a deal for buying me the Evo in return.

The Evo is my current project.

Other toys include 2 bikes. An 11 Yamaha R6 and an 04 KTM 525sx supermoto.

About a year ago I bought a 997 Turbo. Which is currently being stored on a lift. It's just sitting here collecting value because I don't have time to drive it.
But hey not a bad problem to have.

I remember you lol, you're the guy with the auto Porsche a few years ago right? Always parked in corner parking spot indoors

Mines a six speed!
If you lived in skyhouse then yeah maybe lol

>a 2006 sti is 26K
holy shit why just why

Ah, was some other poster. Been so long since he's posted his auto porsche. I have these two, my dad has a 67 Shelby gt 500 and a pretty 67 F100 with a three on the tree I'll pressure him to get em up and running soon they have been sitting for years but in great condition.

upside-downbux dude

thats not a gc, obviously gd dash