I am just going to leave this here

I am just going to leave this here.

Any details?

never gonna happen

>subaru giving people what they want
Why would they do that?

Would rather an svx 2

JUST DROP THE DAMN STI ENGINE INTO IT ALREADY AND MOVE ON.
And let Toyota do a supercharged version of it.

never gonna happen

The BRZ cannot be faster than the WRX

Sell it for base price of 35k and give it 330whp. I know it probably wont happen but I dont see why it wouldnt sell like crazy.

Only reason I could think of as to why they do this is that the platform itself would be "too quick" for the plethora of 16-24 year old males who drive it and inevitably crash it. I know 330 isnt that quick but in a light car it would rip. The chassis and suspension geometry are designed for lower power so it would be it would be interesting to see how the car performs when you nearly double the HP

least they could do is offer a factory option TRD supercharger or something

They could let it get closer though. There are still important differences like
>AWD
>4 doors with a real back seat
>ground clearance and suspension travel
>curb weight

I could see them doing this as the Target demographic for the WRX/STI is not the same as it was 10 years ago. It's much more a family sedan that's fun to drive instead of a rally car with four seats.

It really wouldn't be taking any sales away from the WRX/STI. Plus people are deciding NOT to buy the BRZ because of its lack of power. That seems like a much bigger sales loss for some relatively simple engineering.

Heck, I got mine from a guy who traded up for an STI because he cared more about power after a year and change.

And that's the issue, except people aren't always trading up for another Subaru. They're trading up for a different brand, which means sales loss for Subaru.

I can't imagine how a BRZ STI wouldn't make them money... Especially if it could put down some impressive laptimes that competes with cars well out of its price range and they could market that.

It doesn't matter though because it's obvious they don't care about giving it any more power.

Doesn't matter what they think if the consumer is clamoring for it. They'll give it to us sooner or later or fail as a business.

are they really though?

toyota and subaru don't have any problems selling the cars they have

I bet if they just juiced up the baseline engine some and fatten up the torque band for daily driving purposes it could respark some interest. It's going to be 5 years without any substantive changes pretty soon.

>Can't be faster than the WRX
Why not? the cars appeal to different customers
>How can they make money
They already have the engine, actually would be a big profit because they can charge a premium with very little engineering costs, and very few changes to the manufacturing line.

You know there is still a waiting list for them right? It's not like the cars aren't selling.

How long is the waiting list out of curiosity? It's not really a very high volume car, so one would imagine they're attentive to managing supply and distribution to match up with demand.

It's a pretty neat car even in its current form. But I'm just thinking it would be an easy way to stay ahead of the game if the sales numbers adopt a clear downward trend. You have to wonder when the used market for the current version gets big enough that people would want something more for the cost of a brand new one.

What Subaru should do is offer an STI Turbo package as an aftermarket/dealer option. This would mean that you offer the opportunity to customers to make their car faster with a warranty, but the actual production car would stay the same.

Damn OP easilly baited everyone ITT with no effort. You all should feel bad

i wanted to talk about the BRZ Sti anyways

even though it'll only come out with changes to everything BUT the engine.

There is no BRZ STI and there never will be, get over it dork.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is just anecdotal but i bought a wrx last year and asked some questions about the brz -.which are next to impossible to find in stock - and the stealership told me subaru kind of downplays the fact that they make sports cars because it goes against their brand image which is tailored to soccer moms, hippies, and millenial faggots. They also don't like the vape crowd that rices their brz and stis and slaps aftermarket fart exhausts on them since they piss off their core customer demographic. Also, people seem to kill themselves in stis a lot thinking they are travis pastrana or david higgins and subaru likes to keep that quiet. So i think that's a big reason they leave the brz so tame

Interestingly, my BRZ cost roughly the same as my beat up old subaru econobox to insure. The stealer was surprised at that considering he's well aware that the WRX and STI are really expensive to insure due to the boyracer demographic.

I hadn't really thought about that going in, but that's a perk for sure vs. how much difference it makes to haggle over the purchase price.

It would sell like hotcakes, that's the point. It would give the WRX HELL in sales, which would be great if Toyota wasn't gonna snatch up 90% of those. Not to mention the WRX team doesn't wanna contend when they have their market segment in a knot.

It is kinda funny how if you looked at Subaru's TV ads in the US you wouldn't know the WRX existed despite it being one of their most profitable cars. Subaru should probably just spin off the WRX, STI, and BRZ into their own enthusiast oriented marque because it does seem like they worry about their rice rockets polluting the image of their otherwise "progressive" brand.