Bought 12 brand new spark plugs for this bitch right here, thinking it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal to change them...

Bought 12 brand new spark plugs for this bitch right here, thinking it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal to change them. Then I realized the terrible mistake I have done.
Do I just drive her to the nearest mechanic and beg and/or trick them into doing it for me or man the fuck up and become a hermit for the next week or so to get my hands somehow behind all that shit to start replacing the plugs myself?

I am fairly confident in my skills, but I am not confident in my patience.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eHEcf0itBuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cry more

I'm confident in your faggotry and that you have to get the fuck out

Just do the easy ones. Who honestly needs all 12 cylinders?

>he fell for the "German Engineering" Meme

Rude desu, triggered because it isn't the umpteenth vette vs GTR thread or some other bait thread, but instead is somehow related in actually owning a car?

To be honest, none of them are easy, they're all pretty much equally terrible.
Right cylinder bank is probably a bit less autistic in design as you have to remove the washer tanks only to get access. Right side is very autistic.

I did, twice. Second example of "German Engineering" is still sitting in the service despite already wasting 700 bucks on that thing last week.

>he fell for the "muh V12" meme
FTFY

This is quite accurate. Was thinking about buying a V8 instead because I have prior experience with those and know that they aren't all that bad in the end, but the V12 meme overtook me. I thought I could keep up with the fuckers, but I was kinda underestimating them.

These are basically two of their straight 6s mated at the crank, no?
You can do it user, I believe in you. Don't rush it, take your time, and revel in the fact that you fixed something that most mechanics wouldn't even dare touch once you're done.

Yep, in theory it's just 2 M20B25's together. Decided to man up and start doing it. It hurts just a bit but I can take it.

Also, plugs aren't supposed to look this rusty, right?

>2 entirely different name formats
Low quality bait. Don't even try to say "but I used muh camera/wife's phone"

I did too, user. Right now I'm waiting for a part to come in all the way from fucking naziland

>why isn't a V12 as accessible as my NA 4 banger, wtf germans

Rust doesn't look so bad. Water pooling up in the socket will do that.

The gunk and color is slightly questionable, but doesn't look like cause for alarm if it's been running well.

do a compression test

Thread starter is old, from time I used android 6. Later pics are from android 7 taken right now

>already wasting 700 bucks on that thing last week
You should give your money to homeless niggers. They are cool when you buy them cigarettes, 40's, and shit.

But why? Also, there are no niggers over here, much less homeles ones.

Also, right bank is done, yayifications.

Thus far it has been much easier than I expected, almost enjoyable. The dreaded #12 plug was much easier than I thought.
10 plugs in, 2 to go

NOBODY CARES

>I am fairly confident in my skills

Nice duct tape, faggot.

That's just rude.

OP just be real with the mechanics at your garage and they wont care.
Just walk in there and be like i got these thinking i was gonna replace them myself and then realized I didnt know what the fuck I was doing

I own a v6, the engine is mounted transversely. I cannot get to the second bank of cylinders without rocking the engine

I'm scared that if you walk in there and tell them you don't know, they'll take advantage and try to overcharge the fuck out of you

That's why it helps to get to know a particular shop, chat with them about different options, demonstrate you're not a pro but you are at least kind of a car guy.

If you bring your own parts they'll find ways to make up for lost profits on labor or whatever, but basically once you develop a relationship with an honest shop they'll tend to value retaining a happy repeat customer.

Yeah I have a v6 accord and getting to the back ones are a pain, but possible without having to remove anything (other than coil packs)

That's by the previous owner, this was a 2 grand car. The interior is missing pieces too and the seats are mismatched.

Also
>think I am done
>clean up
>count 11 old plugs
>12 cylinder car
I thought I was done.

What kind of car is it, faggot

> ITT: We complain over small jobs that just to happen to take time
Really Veeky Forums....?

Obviously a 750i

It's an old BMW E32 750i

Well it's not all that small for this boat.

Also, oh fug I broke the left side gasket for the air sensor going into the intake. Gonna jurry rig a new one from the spark plug case and buy a new one tomorrow.
Are those gasket glues worth anything or should I just buy some paper and make a new one?

>should I just buy some paper and make a new one?
Hard to tell from the picture, but what about cutting the same shape out from the leg of an old pair of jeans or something wild and crazy like that to get by for now?

Oh and also lightly oil said jeans to assure a good seal and keep it from being set on fire by engine bay heat.

Just an odd thought.

Confirmed retarded

I cut a new one from cardboard and hope that thing holds together long enough to get me to the store tomorrow. It seems to be a generic paper gasket, doubt the intake gets that hot especially as there's a plastic intake air temperature sensor in that block the gasket goes on.

Also, I believe it's just a generic throttle body gasket as the intake manifolds are symmetric and identical on both sides, you can swap the left side bank to the right, just swap the air temp sensor backplate and the throttle body to the other side of the intake and it fits on the right cylinder bank.

Cardboard has a lower flash point than cotton weave and probably inferior sealing ability, but I guess if you crushed it down in the process of reassembly it will probably keep you going until you get a proper replacement.

That's what I'm hoping on. I believe the throttle body doesn't have to withstand great internal temperatures and the gasket for the air temp plate is a throttle body gasket.
I'll get proper gasket sheets tomorrow first thing after work though.

Ha ha t. 10mm socket.
I really need a decent light though, anyone got any suggestions for a light that's under 100$ and not too large? Also need one of those long dangly magnet things.

RTV

Dangle magnet things are great. I have a big shop light with a clamp for general stuff and a small LED light with a magnet for tighter areas. Inherited both so can't comment on price unfortunately.

Yeah those magnet things are the shit.

fug

You just reminded me where my 1/4" drive 10mm went. I forgot to fish it out before junking the car.

That shit, is it worth anything? My old man swears by that stuff, but I've heard a lot of people calling it useless shit.

My old man has pic related, shit's great for almost everything. It's quite bulky though, almost the size of a good dewalt drill so the tightest spaces are inaccessible for this thing, which my BMW has a lot of.

Yeah, adding to the list of things to get from the local parts/tool store tomorrow

Don't you hate it when stuff falls down to the bottom armor, especially when it's something quite important like a god damn 13mm socket/wrench?

i told you not to get the 750i

you should've kept your fucking 730i

you didn't LISTEN

I KNOW ITS YOU

I am sorry ƒam but it is too late. I have been consumed by the 750's.
I am now eyeballing a nice 850 too.

There are reasons for the use of different gasket materials.This is primarily dictated by heat, pressure, and even exposure to certain chemicals.

youtube.com/watch?v=eHEcf0itBuE