Is NO2 still cool?

Is NO2 still cool?

it was never cool

D:

This, NA, pure engine power is the only way to go.

lol

...yes?

This retarded kid that bought my car had a NB miata that he put nitrous in. I have no fucking idea why. He didn't boost it or do anything else, just changed the timing and had an unsecured bottle of nos rolling around on his passenger side....he claimed he wanted to drag it...a fucking nb miata...

So why not let a car run on pure NO2?

it's not flammable
it's only supporting the combustion

Are NO2 + Boosted setups common place?

Because all nitrous does is cool the intake charge you mong
It becomes denser when you do that which means you can dump more fuel into the combustion chamber and make more power
This is like the Veeky Forums equivilant of day/k/are

It's N2O retards, NO2 is nitrogen dioxide. It comes from your shitty TDI jetta exhaust

>calling people mong
>doesn't know that NO2 breaks apart above 570f
>splitting it into Oxygen so the combustion burns higher

Congrats, you played yourself.

I run Nitrous
On my land barge Challenger which handles a dry 100 shot pre MAFS

Been running this set up since 2011

I spray 90% of the time at the track and 10% For shits and giggles off the track...

Maybe gone through 2 dozen 10lb bottles since 2011

Car still runs fine

Correct me if I'm wrong, but NO2 is completely NA isn't it?

You probably mean N2O like the other user pointed out.
But no I have no idea about Nitro engines.

No, the NO2 tank is above atmospheric pressure.

After reading a thread with a bunch of autists arguing about it I think it's pretty much down to semantics.

I can see why not NA though

why don't you just hit the gas pedal harder instead

It's all the way to the floor.

It's still pretty cool - because it is stored at high pressure and ambient temperature. When injected into the intake airstream, it literally cools the intake charge, so it really never stopped being cool.

>Are NO2 + Boosted setups common place?
Not exactly common, but they are a thing.
On positive displacement superchargers (roots/twin screw) nitrous can be used to cool the intake mixture, which is a big thing on those non-intercooled setups.
On turbo cars, you can use a small 50 shot to spool quicker, since nitrous expands significantly during combustion.

No, because you're introducing more oxygen into the engine than a natural atmosphere can provide. It's essentially chemical supercharging, which is why nitrous is considered a power adder in most (drag-)race classes.

Cut the floor out. Then push it more.

Because a 5.7-powered Challenger is actually pretty slow.