/ovg/ - Lake Louise Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/5u1ig
youtube.com/watch?v=i4dDEmg64BE
youtube.com/watch?v=X_Dup9uHofY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1889
>one off
Sad!

streamable.com/5u1ig

Those italians sure know how to bug test a game.

>sort by participation
>all the results on the first page are rFactor
>first 10 pages are all rF/GSC

why are people shilling AC and rF2 again?

He said, filtering out all the GSC events to hide the fact it's a better game and keep shilling barebones rFactor.

did you even read the post? isi and kunos really need to work on their bot software.

>Filtered out all the original Season 1 events to make it seem like it never existed
FIFTY TWO DRIVERS

LOL is this an Initial D reference?

>ABS breaking in rFactor you just slam your foot to the floor
>Track limits
>Track geometry
>Dated graphics
>Dated FFB even with RealFeel
>Setups for cars don't make any sense and in most mods there is always a cheater setup or car combo that is easily the fastest
>We've exhausted most of the good mods already

Biggest reason why we haven't done AC series before is because the game was missing a lot of functionalities that we require to race.

Series organizers are just tired of rFactor and its flaws and want to move on to newer more up to date content. Everyone is free to organize series despite what SJ wants others to believe, but believe it or not it requires some effort from the organizer. Not just a "we should race X in Y someone make this".

If your series doesn't get much interest it's not some shadow gobirmint trying to ruin you, your idea just wasn't good.

By the way half of those races there are duplicates.

tags
SJ Sporc Juct la li le lo lu 724 burgers

Yeah, I read the post, but you made a screenshot conveniently hiding GSC events.

I want to replace my G29, looking at T500RS. Is there anything better at that or similar price?

>it requires some effort from the organizer
Honestly, hosting a server isn't a lot more than just launching the dedicated server and giving people access to the content. It's not hard at all, just takes a little bit of time. Which is why I don't understand why people keep going "we should race X in Y" instead of actually hosting a server and making it happen.

this is true but in rf1 the chance of a random bug fucking shit up is pretty high

just ask around about how much effort went into making the Ultimate GT3 mod playable

It requires *some* effort, varies a lot what you want to do.
If you're using a mod that hasn't been raced before you have to test out the content by yourself and/or get people to test it for/with you, this applies to the cars you're using and the tracks.
If you have points you're going to have to give penalties to people, this requires you to watch each race replay based on incident reports.
If you have skins you either have to do those skin packs yourself and fix most peoples .VEH files because they ALWAYS fuck them up.
Then you just need to keep the google doc up to date, make sure all the links are working and update the skinpacks and points every week.

In some cases you can just host a server and tell people to show up at a certain date and time.

Those are just what I can think of.

Yes, the T300.

Just two pedals, though. Why T300?

You have to set up the multiplayer.ini and player.plr files right too along with having good enough upload

iirc the wheel itself is better than the T500

you can buy the pedals later

You said wheel, not combo. T300 + T3PA or Fanatec pedals is a good combo and is cheaper in most cases than the t500 set.

Interesting, thanks - what makes it better?

it's definitely those italians and not that 200 ping :° )

smoother ffb due to using a belt instead of gears

Remember, if a program misbehaves it's always the programmer's fault and not the user being hopeless.

T500RS is also belt-driven, isn't it?

Thank you for correcting the record. 2 servings of gelatto have been deposited to your accounts as a token of our appreciation.

ok hopeless boy now fix that connection and try again

couple the delay from your inadequate brain and your ping from your shitty connection and there are probably full minutes between your actions

Thank you for correcting the record once again. 2 servings of spaghetti and meatballs have been deposited to your accounts.

yeah

wtf i love rfactor now

p. sure its gear driven

>Everyone is free to organize series despite what SJ wants others to believe
Except that's bullshit and you know it.
When someone is hosting something on Saturday, and instead of bothering to do anything with it you put your series on at the same time purposely, that's not allowing other people to organize shit at all. It's happened not once but twice now where a series got fucked by GT3 scheduling and was forced into cancelling. When anything was brought up regarding it, it's somehow the smaller series' fault and not the asshat that scheduled a conflict.

Also, most people don't like to do more than one, maybe two races a weekend. There's plenty of times where something on Sunday was tried but people were already exhausted from racing Saturday and didn't want to show up.

Point is, people are able to host whatever, but only the main guys on mumble really have any sort of successful playercounts and series.

>the main guys on mumble

I hosted a series when I'd barely fucking been here. Stop being a bitch nigga SJ

p. sure you're wrong

although it's possible that t300 had brushless motors while t500 was normal (and therefore ffb could feel worse)

>We've exhausted most of the good mods already
This better be a joke, because 2 leagues had enduracers car, 3 if you count the current GT3 league.

There are quite some good rfactor mods to do.

>I hosted a series when I'd barely fucking been here. Stop being a bitch nigga SJ
And I've been for years, and everytime I do I get shut the fuck down.

Touring Masters? Died because nobody played it outside of when GT3 got cancelled two days before the first race, while Valrys scheduled it at the same timeslot as mine.
VTCC? Died because GT3 S4 was starting at the same timeslot, then it was moved an hour later but that didn't work because people "got burnt out playing two races back to back" and had to be canned.

The only one left is my trackday server, and even then I'm already having doubts on bothering to organize it when A) Nobody will show up and B) I get shitposted to fucking oblivion even talking about it on my chan.

For being "open to everyone" there's a lot of bullshit hurdles I have to go through even to play a basic racing event. Even when I do I get accused of wrecking or hacking which isn't fun either.

The only hurdle is doing something interesting. If people want to do it they will show up

>The only hurdle is doing something interesting.

Touring Masters was using Group A cars on old 80's and 90's layouts of tracks, even by OVGTP there were some tracks that were played too much. The purpose of it was supposed to be interesting things people didn't normally touch.

VTCC was a grab bag of various tracks nobody had raced either since the previous series (Touring Car Thursdays) was a success. The racing was decent and at times surprisingly good, however once GT3 S4 scheduled a time conflict nobody wanted to show up after being exhausted from racing GT3 earlier in the day even after changing the timeslot.

I tried to do some variety and do shit people weren't used to after people complained in the thread about doing the same tracks and cars over and over. Instead I get told FUCK OFF SHILL and other bullshit that is demotivating as fuck to continue to bother trying to organize.

nobody wants to race on a shitty laptop server that lags horribly when more than 10 people have connected but no one visibly complains because you don't listen anyway

people get worn out after racing two heats or want to take a break.

Why not try hosting racing series late at night Saturday like from 9:00 to 10:00 PM EST? Think outside the box.

this (and any) general is too chumpy, regulars will prefer to shitpost off-topic together rather than play a racing video game alone. they are more interested playing with their faggot "friends" than racing something they would even otherwise prefer

this general is full of malicious shitposters (as is any community that's regularly active on VOIP programs) that will bring down more ambitious and on-topic focused users, whether it's for a cheap laugh or in fear of losing their group dominance

tl;dr mumblr/"shadow government" is a bunch of vapid cunts

Lake Louise is not that cool irl too may Chinese and shit skins plus is not that long

>nobody wants to race on a shitty laptop server that lags horribly
I don't use a laptop server, the only time a laptop server was used was during Laguna Seca and Sebring during GT3 S1. It was during Road America that I set up a permanent server, but with 40 some players showing up the load was too high. Even Kita's server was having some trouble with ~20 from the reports I got.
The server box got a facelift in time for VTCC which was what it ran.

>but no one visibly complains because you don't listen anyway
That's not an excuse. I set up an entire section of discord to use to bitch and moan at me about things but nobody used it and decide to act like passive-aggressive assholes instead. You could have bitched on Steam but nobody did, so when I get no feedback on anything I assume what I'm doing is good to go.

>Why not try hosting racing series late at night Saturday like from 9:00 to 10:00 PM EST? Think outside the box.

Problem there is the time conflict for Europeans, it works well for Americans but at the end of VTCC about 60% of the server was Europe. I did use Sunday, but the same issue arose when GT86 started: I had to reschedule my schedule since GT86 put itself on same time, and people were burnt out racing two races in a row.

>this general is full of malicious shitposters (as is any community that's regularly active on VOIP programs) that will bring down more ambitious and on-topic focused users, whether it's for a cheap laugh or in fear of losing their group dominance

I've been examining other generals on Veeky Forums while blowing off my frustration at the merrymen and this is a recurring pattern, /ovg/ is no exception. People will rather play a bad server with a server host they know/like than play a good server with someone they either don't know or don't like. I can think of two instances specifically in the past two years that happened and it divebombed the entire generals into oblivion as a result.

>Even Kita's server was having some trouble with ~20
Kita's issue was configuration, not load

Yes it is.

The report you got was probably from Jeb and that guy is literally the biggest shitter you inflicted on simracing. Not to mention holding the current record for mumble mutes, having been muted by everyone on the server, because he is truly insufferable on voice chat.
Also stop being a beta and cancelling series and getting your feelings hurt. You managed to turn /ogc/ into a safe space by throwing a bunch of redditors into the mix, but this shit won't work here.

>I set up an entire section of discord to use to bitch and moan at me about things but nobody used it
oh fuck off SJ that's not true. You did not want to listen at all. You insisted on running your fucking meme series with meme tracks. We had a good thing going with WTCC and even trucks until you decided to run the fucking shitty stadium track noone wanted to run, it was so bad that in Race 2 we had to switch back to the one from week 1. DTM was great as well, but nooo we have to do fucking old as fuck mercedes F1 cars.

Fuck off SJ

Keep going and I'll post the steam messages for everyone to laugh.

>Keep going and I'll post the steam messages for everyone to laugh.

Go ahead, I have nothing to hide from the shadow govenment and the anons in the thread. That's just a empty threat.

>, but only the main guys on mumble really have any sort of successful playercounts and series.
You don't think it's because they work together as friends to make this shit happen instead of alienating everyone around them?
You have a huge swathe of time in which you could run a racing series.
Nobody hosts racing at like 11 PM EST or anything, it's all in the middle of what would otherwise be a productive American wageslave working Saturday so the Europoors can clog the track on their weekend off. But you keep trying to squat on this slot in time. I don't get it.

>tfw ovg will never do supertrucks again

k

I've been playing ac for a while but I still don't really understand how to brake properly

Are you supposed to slam the brakes and then depress as you turn in and ride the brakes, when your car faces the exit apply accelerator? That's how I was getting my fastest laps even if I braked too late and understeered. However I've been trying to do it on the Nurburgring and it's almost impossible on some corners

well idk, i dont even have a wheel

im sure both are great wheels

the burgerking is rly deceptive, in some sections you're not meant to speed up at all despite being on a straight

>expanding operations
>have to crack down on the Discord
>Rolling Guys to investigate

SJ just listen to some vaporwave until whatever shit you're on wears off holy fuck

How do these fair against the ORR2 trophy truck mod? I only tried that one because of the baja rfactor race I never ran.

Is this rallyworld?

considering collision detection quality i would say it's AC, but when one car bumps up wheels are on the car instead of the ground so that kinda breaks my theory

That graphic quality is definitely from rFactor.
Maybe the webm spammer can help instead of be annoying.

I think that _was_ ORR2.
If we ever do trucks it'll be WCORRv3 or something more developed. Rallycross mods on stadium truck tracks are really fucking fun.

There's a new version?
Link?

WCORR3 fucked up the server install of rF. I'm not sure how well it is suited to be run over 2.5

looks like AC

yes it's Rallyworld Gr. A and Targa Florio for RF1

Wasn't that a with the """upgraded""" trucks that paul did?

So this has been my first season with you guys and I'm having a lot of fun.

The main thing that appeals to myself and friends is the pricetag, free*

I hear some guys want yo move to AC but of the group I know (myself and 3 others) only two stand to play because of system requirements.

That's my main worry. I'm saving to upgrade my PC enough to play AC.

I'd love to run an rfactor server but I don't think you guys would appreciate Aussie server ping.

ok sj

Well it wouldnt hurt to try

no idea what you're talking about

Paul modified the trucks to have more power or something, and it kept crashing the server or something. That much I remember.

Also, we can always ask the people who made it for help.

paul had nothing to do with this and i'm not even sure if i know what paul you're talking about.

Everyone's favourite scouser that stalls cars and cant be arsed anymore.

I think he installed the WCORR mod over an existing rFactor install and it broke everything.

I see more and more people not playing rFactor because it's too dated. So perhaps we'll be losing some guys but gaining others.

So yeah, T300RS with separate pedals or T500RS with nothing else?
T300RS with pedals would cost more, though.
I don't want my G29 anymore, please help.

>Except that's bullshit and you know it.

No, it's not. I hosted two and all I did was make everything myself and make sure that nobody was running series on top of it by asking people what they were going to do.
Your series that you had were outside of /ovg/ threads to begin with and a lot of people who follow this thread didn't follow whatever board you were using(8ch?). Also probably because there is always more interest for GT3 than any meme bullshit.

>but only the main guys on mumble really have any sort of successful playercounts and series.

Probably because they also put the most effort into their series and communicate with eachother so they don't end up running shit series for 6 months on tracks that only existed in Sonic the Hedgehog.

>I've been for years, and everytime I do I get shut the fuck down.

You know why? Because you don't talk to ANYONE who actually actively takes part in /ovg/, you just play the victim card of how you were first and everyone on the internet should respect your snowflake series and its schedule.

>VTCC? Died because GT3 S4 was starting at the same timeslot

Literally nobody knew about this outside 8ch and your hugbox. We(I) already ran a series in VTCC as well. I checked what you had in your series and it was just the stock content, no skins, no engine fixes or anything that was done in the previous series. If you had just ASKED for anything I would've given you the skinpack and the turbo fixes for the cars. But you probably didn't even know about these things because you're not that interested in good racing, you just want to be the leader of something.

>Instead I get told FUCK OFF SHILL and other bullshit that is demotivating as fuck to continue to bother trying to organize.

Yeah, because you left to 8ch to make /ogc/ and organize races there, yet you advertise your series to people you despise and left behind. What's the logic here, stockholm syndrome?

>I did use Sunday, but the same issue arose when GT86 started: I had to reschedule my schedule since GT86 put itself on same time

Again, you're accusing people of taking YOUR time, while nobody has a clue of what you're doing.

>People will rather play a bad server with a server host they know/like than play a good server with someone they either don't know or don't like.

Lets see, last time you were running Saturday series you wanted to change the rules mid season so that you could change the drivetrain on any of the cars to FWD/AWD/RWD to "fit all driving styles". EVERYONE complained about this but you still wanted to do it. You even had custom sounds to engines and horns making YOUR car unbearably loud for everyone else and horns that were there just to distract others. Also, I don't really see you as a good series host because of the aforementioned reasons.

Trip just so you know it's me.

if you can afford the T300 + pedals it seems to be the best choice

Why is T300 better than T500, though? I need a reason to make a decision. ;_;

savage

people say it has smoother, more refined ffb

youtube.com/watch?v=i4dDEmg64BE

T500RS = raw power
T300RS = smooth detail and quiet compared to T500RS

T300RS has brushless motors, better belts, smoother design. But less power than T500RS. It's not really a which is better, it's just what you want.

If you get the T300RS get the Alcantra or Ferrari edition since the normal one has a high return rate since a few batches have been faulty.

i managed to host this successfully on a laptop server over wifi and that was before i knew what a mumble was, who the shadow government were or even owned a voice headset at all.

the first series was on a different liveracers i think. the max in any race was 47 (suzuka) but some of the quali/warmup sessions might have had more.

can't comment on the T300 but when i tried a T500 i didn't get on with its non-rotatey paddle shifters

Coming from a Logitech G29 (4 warranty repairs in 1 year), I kinda want reliability more than anything. And raw power = faster rotation? I'd like to try drifting in AC, which was impossible on my G29.

perfect video for you

youtube.com/watch?v=X_Dup9uHofY

So, they're both okay for that? Can't really see everything on the video.

both are good but notice how the guy has to use his hands much more often in the t300 because the wheel doesnt turn fast enough, while the FFB on the t500 is so strong that the guy just lets it turn naturally

or as the uploader himself said

>T500rs is more power and more countersteer speed
>T300rs is more Smooth but lower countersteer speed

Thanks, guess I'll go with T500 - cheaper and might be better for drifto.

Spa in season 1 and Suzuka in season 2 would have had 50+if the server hadn't shit itself