V 12

I want a car with a V12 in my life, preferably for under 30k.

Which V12 is best V12?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhX0Y2wQfqo
destatis.de/DE/PresseService/Presse/Pressemitteilungen/2016/09/PD16_327_122.html
jungefreiheit.de/debatte/kommentar/2016/raum-ohne-volk/
breitbart.com/london/2016/09/21/germany-40-percent-migrant-background/
youtube.com/watch?v=95MhCNKf7CA
youtube.com/watch?v=CFVOXsVN97Y
youtube.com/watch?v=y7F9U8GHPd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I definitely get you there, but they're like 200 HP, right?

Xj12

regardless of the haters, the electrics are fine
and cheaper than an 850

And most of the cheap ones are autotragic. I could forgive that on a MB 600 series but on the 8?

>V12

If Veeky Forums was a boyband, this would be there name.
12 Virgins.

Mercedes-Benz R129 series 600SL/SL600 with the M120. The S-Class also had it but it'll be more expensive. The M120 was afterwards used highly tuned by Pagani for over a decade, but in the Benzes it's incredibly understressed and long lasting, and the cars themselves also only have a few specific and very foreseeable issues.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhX0Y2wQfqo

No shit? I mean, those XJS convertibles are tempting.

Those are tempting too, I really like those SL's.

I really wish they had a steering wheel retrofit that carried over that MB 60's era aesthetic. Those 90's era pillow wheels are such a turn-off.

Phaetons are pretty cheap if you can find one.

That thing wouldn't suit the car at all. What's wrong with this wheel?

I know. I just like those wheels.

I just think these make Baby Jesus cry.

>390 horsepower
Ok done deal.

BMW E32 and E38 750. They're the cheapest and most reliable V12 cars around. Cheap and reliable to be taken, well, I don't even know anymore.

The 850 is north of 300hp, the 5 litre is 300hp on paper and the 5.4 is 320. Usually they have been dynoed much more than that stock.

BMW E32 750i
Best V12 for the money

Nothing BMW makes

be warned about bmw

>lowest reliability
>highest depreciation
>chronic issues
>unimpressive engines and gearboxes

If you can't afford to pay more than 30k for a V12 there's literally no way on earth you could afford the maintenance on it. Stop trying kid.

It's not that bad. Been dailying a 750 E32 for 4 years now with no problems.

This is true shitposting

Nice anecdote with zero proof

Nice anecdote with zero evidence.

Only american teenager keyboard faggots with no own car dont know that the 728/740/750i engines from the E32 and E38 are one of the best engines ever made. You can find a lot of cars with more then 400.000km here in Germany. Now fuck of keyboard racer

If you don't mind autos then the DB7 can be had for bargain prices.

>implying I can't

I can afford, but I'm 1. Cheap and 2. Want to have a fun car 3. Like wrenching 4. Not afeared of complicated

They look so boring though.

>bmw
>making a legendary engine

L M A O

You know they pipe in fake engine noises into the cabin to make up for how shit it is naturally right?

Enjoy your low reliability, understeer, super depreciated shitbox

>forgetting the 730 M30 and M60
Rude desu senpai. The 3 litre M30 is nig invincible and the M60 can take a hell of a lot abuse too before batting an eye.
Owned quite a few M30 cars and currently own one M60B30 powered 530 E34 wagon as my winter drift mobile.

You know Benz and audi do that too? Pretty much everyone does it, BMW is no exception but they aren't the only ones

Jaaaaaaaaaag
Not a complicated engine, just a lot of it

Mark of a shitty product

Makes sense that BMW fags love it

Cucks probably pay extra for it too

Competition Package Plus
- Extra loud Fake BMW© engine noises in the cabin: $4,999

I'm telling you, I'm looking at a 1990 XJS convertible and am seriously considering it. It's a gorgeous car.

The SL600 isn't as sexy but that power tho.

The SL600 has terrible electronics and they come pre-stanced due to the suspension beingg made out of hopes and dreams, broken ones.

If you want to work on it yourself, the Jag is a lot simpler mechanically.

Beware of Lucas electronics though.

Jag is far better option than any trash BMW can muster which will be in for repairs more than you can imagine

>Oh boy, a thread about very specific models that haven't been made since the early 90s!
>Better shitpost about the brand as a whole with sweeping, nonspecific generalizations, bringing up shit from 2010+ models!
You are trash.

BMW shill exposed

>bus driver

I'm doing research on them. Seems like they have issues that are mostly easily addressed, and getting a bump in power with some intake and exhaust mods is easy and beneficial. They say the 93 and up models are the best but you lose the nice headlights and Jaguar kind of made some questionable style changes.

I'm looking at a 1990 model for 9k that is sexy af and needs some light work, just up my alley.

A 27 year old car BMW for 9k?

Seriously?

A 27 year old Jaguar for 9k. Reading comprehension.

>shilling 25 year old cars
Mental deficiency exposed. Global ban on shitposting when?

>low reliability
>understeer

This is what Americans believe. Never had a german quality car but shitposting about them like they know. This is pure comedygold when you know how shit American cars are, whole world buys BMW because of supreme quality. No one buys American cars.

>faggit thinks companies dont shill

go back to your containment board on reddit and apply to be a mod there

>pic related, its you

Jaguar.

Impressive! Legendary cars!

The ULTIMATE, DRIVING, MACHINE!

The only v12 BMW I would consider is the 850 with the manual.

>I need a v12 in my life.
I love you OP,you have figured out life.

V12 around 200hp?
Why/how? I know fun can be had at any hp but it seems as if the manufacturer went out of the way to only make 200 HP.
Emissions, yourp tax,just some engineer goofing around?

This car triggers amerifats.
>muuuh V8
>we had 7.2l V8 with 200hp in the 90s muuuuh V8

this triggers eurocucks

>let in millions of muslims intentionally
>you will be working the rest of your life to subsidize these millions on welfare
>40% of kids under age 5 are non-white
>attack car manufacturing over climate change fake news
>engines have been getting smaller and smaller thanks to leftists and the communist european union

Meanwhile, based America has been cranking out V8s forever

When you have your information from /pol/ and start shitposting when the truth hurts. Btw in my state of Germany life 0.8% muslims. So btfo Mr. 60% white, the chance that im debating a nigger is very high.

First of all, pol is always right.

Second of all, I am just using German leftist information:

destatis.de/DE/PresseService/Presse/Pressemitteilungen/2016/09/PD16_327_122.html

jungefreiheit.de/debatte/kommentar/2016/raum-ohne-volk/

breitbart.com/london/2016/09/21/germany-40-percent-migrant-background/

Enjoy your own grave, you dug it.

>jungefreiheit
>breitbart

Hahaha im 100% sure now you are a troll. You can't make this shit up. Worst sources in history of the internet

>conveniently ignores Communist Merkel's own government statistics website which is used to generate the journalism articles

>thinks brietbart isnt reputable

Enjoy your grave

:)

>He took the blue pill.

>everything but the CSi is slow and mostly autotragic
>CSi's sell for 40k-80k

>I don't like these sources, that mean's it not true!
>as he probably gets his fucking news from shit like CNN

No man, the only reputable sources for news is the New York Times and Comedy Central.

Everyone knows that.

>strawmanning this hard
>in defense of breitbart

Tell me which story Breitbart has posted which is fake and I will show you 20 NYT has posted in just the last two months.
kys leftist

Are you familiar at all with the strawman fallacy, or are you deliberately acting retarded?

A lot of that has to do with the rest of the world just hating America, wanting to see them as inferior. Its astounding the mental hoops people will jump through, along with the things they will sacrifice just to fulfil their own bias.

Jaguar v12 or merc m120 are dirt cheap

The jaguar v 12 has quite a following

lawl, don't forget Salon and Huffington Post! Bastions of truth and honesty, they!

>this thread

Holy shit americucks md as fuck they can't into v 12

IDK why Cadillac doesn't make a v12.

I mean, honestly, Cadillac, what the fuck?

>MB R129 SL600
>Jaguar XJS convertible

been sitting here hours, pic related. Can't decide.

The Jag will probably be less of a pain to work on. Pretty important if you're gonna work on it yourself.

I know, right?

Imagine this...

with a bumper delete like this.

the big rubber bumpers are the only regrettable thing on the car.

A 1993-1996 XJS V12 is completely fine because all the electronics are Japanese

Also those have a GM 4L80E transmission which a HUGE improvement over the 3 speed slushbox in the pre 1993 v12.

Maybe so but I'd have to do something about the headlights, they're not as sexy as the older ones.

But the R129 has power und speed und German Engineering (before it went to shit).

Swap the quad ones in. Not difficult at all.

The 4 speed transmission is a massive difference in drivability and acceleration.

I'm looking around, something like 100 manual XJS's were imported in 94 so they do exist....

Couple that with free-flowing cats and a better intake and I'm sold.

All the factory manual XJS are 6 cylinder fyi

youtube.com/watch?v=95MhCNKf7CA

There was a short run of manual V12 models right at the start, but those quickly stopped as transmissions ran out, since they were using leftover V12 E-Type stock.

oh, oh well, nbd I guess.

I used to have a Datsun 280Z about 20 years ago. I miss changing my own gears.

There are kits to install 5 or 6 speed in a XJS v12

Costs about $4-5k + transmission

Don't give me more terrible ideas, user...

Ah ha! I'll look into it.

I really like the idea of taking a cheap car and making it something special.

I think the knock on the MB would be that it's something I wouldn't want to change much.

Is the handling on the XJS convertible shit like most convertibles, or was Jaguar able to keep it pretty good? I've never had a convertible, I kind of want one.

youtube.com/watch?v=CFVOXsVN97Y

youtube.com/watch?v=y7F9U8GHPd4

Life is short user