> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ckQw50MTeTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for freedom

Ideas are worthless until you make them reality.

>Slow the no dev nigger manchild in charge of anything other than shitting himself

>gonna fail because my game is multiplayer only

>he types in the url bar

Call me when the scripting language isn't horribly slow.

A very small error. Whereas doing many floating point operations accumulates error and you end up way off. Also you'll only be dividing in order to use it for rendering or something so it's unlikely the error will be noticeable.

>not making your own language

Gang Beasts did fine and it doesn't even have online

I still hold that we are making the same game

Which is better

Blender or Maya?

Neither, but Blender is free. So...

Blender

user, are you sure you are telling the fire to draw the correct image index every frame?

maya wasn't designed for aliens

I'm going to go kill myself now

I did.
For scripting.

Haha... Don't be silly user Aliens don't exist or use Blender

Blender is not that difficult to use for the basic modelling stuff. Animation is a bit more questionable.

who's /ourdev/?

blender is like a jet that uses voice commands to steer

maya is like a jet that doesn't come with a manual

Get yourself the student version of maya. Exported fbx files don't have metadata saying what it was from, let alone when ue/unity have their way to make special internal files

Just never tell anyone what modelling software you use, and if you're really scared just buy a months worth of the full version subscription to cover yourself

knightdev

Resident evil dev

cubeman dev

gogem

wait. idk how to fix this issue. The sprites need to scale constantly as you move and so I redraw them every frame. How can I keep an animation going? I need to think.

draw_sprite_ext(pair.sprite,0,x,y,pair.scaleFP/scaleDown,pair.scaleFP/scaleDown,0,myShade,fadeRatio)

So is Recap kill once again? Or was it posted and I just missed it?

What's the jet that just werks in autopilot?

Why not tell people I only have used Blender and had fun making models in it?

user, you set the subimg to zero, of course it's not going to animate.
You are supposed to set it to image_index.

sadly None

because then you're putting yourself in a web of lies that only increases your chances of getting caught

What if they start offering patreon money for process videos?

What do you mean? I actually had fun making random models in Blender

>had fun using blender
already caught in a lie, user

I'm serious I enjoyed it

how do you know it doesn't have some embedded data?

maybe maya has a special way of formatting something as mundane as spaces to catch pirates

There is literally nothing wrong with using Blender

Are you using unity or unreal?
When you build and export a game, it converts everything to unity's own proprietary formats. Any metadata that it would have had is lost

Alternatively if you're a super paranoid fuck, make/export the models in maya, then import/export them through blender

It's inefficient compared to maya's much more logical and streamlined workflow

>not building your own processor architecture

for animation, rigging, and UV Unwrapping maybe. Fuck modeling in blender though.

Both interfaces are pretty much the same

Making a character for a 3d platformer to take my mind off my spider game, which I hit a writer's block on.

I don't like this meme. Making your own language is a perfectly feasible thing for someone to do. Making your own processor is obviously not.

bait

Do you have a pissed off rant in your game's comments?

youtube.com/watch?v=ckQw50MTeTY

why not model in Blender?

It's not monday yet. Last week he skipped due to DD.

>being able to change projects without at least a day required to shift mindsets
how I know you aren't truly invested

For you.

no, but I have apologies to anyone who decompiles my game and has to sift through the hilariously bad code

Does this look anything like a waterfall?

Casual devving > Invested devving

repost

>twiddling your thumbs doing nothing for days because you lack motivation and testosterone somehow makes you more invested in something

I guess you could buy an FPGA, but making a COMPETITIVE processor is an impossibility for any of us. On the other hand, almost all programming languages are garbage and it's not very hard to do better if you're versed in PLT.

you should switch over to Maya instead

Progress part 2 is an extremely important asset: a path decal.

This is sort of broken; due to how UE4 does mesh decals, it's possible for it to Z-fight with the terrain (there's no actual surface wrapping right now) but for the most part it looks really good. It can break down at extreme camera angles though, and become apparent that it's more or less just a mesh floating just above the surface and being blended into the mesh below. Still, given that the alternative is vertex-paint-blending the paths in, this is much easier for fast level design iteration and looks about as good as the alternative.

The advantage to how the pathing asset is set up is that I can easily slot in just about any texture or material to act as the "path" on a per-level or per-floor basis and it will work.

I've also started hammering out the core motif for the game's main theme song based heavily on "We Bury the Hatchet" by Garth Brooks

it looks like a shiny towel
try animating it first

It's not about motivation user
it physically takes time to empty your mind of all the shit about one project that you usually keep in your memory so you fill it with shit about another project instead

maybe a frozen one

>mfw watching this while listening to Snake Eater

How do you make explosions so pretty and smooth? Is it one of those alpha mask things where you shift the range that is visible at a given time which creates the animation?

Changing projects is as easy as clicking New Project in Unity. Also, it's better than doing nothing. I'm just implementing ideas I had for a while.
It is Maya.

I really like that rock stuff, in fact I think most of your attacks should be like that.

if it's a special attack make the special attack be bigger rocks.

Any pixel artists want to work for pay?

Did you fix it already? I want to feel the warm embrace of animated fire.

rate my cat tho

I'm gonna be totally honest, user.

When I first got UE4, it was charging for a subscription. When they went free, they gave me $20 Unreal Bucks for their asset store. I spent that $20 on a toon-styled particle effects pack. The explosion was a part of that. It's hand-animated across 16 frames sub-UV to get that effect (then tripled for the yellow, red, and black segments).

I didn't make it. I asset store'd it. It looks so fucking good I didn't tweak it (like I did every other effect that came with it, including the flame and muzzle flash effects). I'd love to tell you my secrets but there are none; I cheated for the explosion.

this is pretty accurate

The shard effects occur whenever Dixie summons a hand. Summoned hands in-combo occur mostly for finishers; think Wicked Weaves. Everything else occurs for special attacks/moves and abilities.

I can look into adding a little burst-and-trail for all attack animations as well, just to emphasize the movement of Dixie's hands/feet, but the thing is, 99% of combat won't be unarmed, it will be with weapons, so I don't want to dump the summoned hands thing into basic melee too much or it will make the weapons seem pointless.

NOT FOR HONOR, BUT FOR YOUUUUUU

Lost a lot of respect for you.

back, had to kill myself.
actually just took a shower and now ultra comfy

I just think you need bigger attacks then, or like windups or something.

I get what you'r saying with the wicked weave that was my first impression, it's just such a huge difference in visuals that it makes your normals look weak.

btw, it's very smooth in game. just a slow capture.

What said. Manual gradients and bloom are a pain but they work just fine. Also, with the right contrast and lighting (animation helps too) you can create the illusion of bloom without needing to actually 'make' it. The eye naturally tends to see things like that when it expects them to be there. Something something brain filling in the gaps.

because I could model in another application far more efficiently. I use both metasequoia and Wings3D for modeling. The hotkeys in wings3d are godlike and customizable

I'm surprised it can look that smooth from being basic drawn frames. Thought it would've looked cool in slow motion

Oh look! A shader!

I'm sorry. It's literally the only effect that I paid money for untweaked; the list of effects that are made by modifying something from that asset store pack is as follows:

>The cel shader (heavily modified)
>the muzzle flash effect (copied the texture on the muzzle fire, the rest is my mesh and animation stuff)
>Dixie's landing dust effect (which isn't in place yet, but was for Mayhem League and which I'll bring back)
There's also a lightning effect I'll modify, if I decide I need an electric/lightning effect

Hand-animating SubUVs is tough as hell, I did it myself for my slash/swipe effect, and it's something I'd rather not do myself if I can avoid it easily. I had free UnrealBux, gotta use em for something.

noice

Change the material to be additive and it will look like light and not have the black rim

I'd be your animating personal whore if you taught me

It still does, though that's down to how UE4 handles subUV interpolation.

Anyone here use phaser? I need to know how I can lock a physics body so it'll only move on the Y-axis.

That background is too obtrusive.

The ball is somewhat difficult to track at times.

I unironically agree with Googum that "fun isn't real".

Idk its okay

Dont worry senpai, I know this sounds fucking stupid but I try to post updates daily because I think it makes me more productive. I didn't intent to have that as a thing in the game.

Fun isn't real, the same way that happiness isn't real

Made a sprite for you guys to use

you made this yesterday

same it does I have been posting my drawings and pixel art daily and I am slowly getting better at art

xD what a funny and hilarious meme!

Arfag here, taking requests for single sprites.

I'm not memeing you.

wew. i wish you could see it at full speed.

A bunny eating a carrot

a 2d cute monster girl

a dog eating the bunny that's eating the carrot