/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread
Maido edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 03/3/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61842924
archiveofourown.org/works/9679244
oumakokichi.tumblr.com/post/158317712885/can-you-please-explain-why-ouma-isnt-a-nazi-or
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ahoge!

I want Makoto and Kirigiri to hold hands, cuddle together, and whisper to eachother words of endearment!

Fetishposting

Posting best girl!

>Tenko's design isn't hot

Hoshi was probably either a super driven guy who wanted to live at all costs (and needed the prize money for x reason; maybe in a twist of irony he was indebted to the mafia), or suicidal and TDR built on that and gave him a dramatic backstory.
I think the producers had it 'rigged' against him- I'm not trying to piss and moan over one of my liked characters, but you don't give someone who has already offered to die because he doesn't care about living a blank motive video saying "sorry, nobody cares about you, you have no reason to live".
He was death fodder, probably because TDR knew he would be unpopular (and then, hey, he was 15th place in the popularity poll).

Game!Hoshi would probably be disappointed with meeting his real life counterpart, because he was a punk who never did anything, besides maybe liking cats and playing tennis.
(Real!Hoshi probably never even had a girlfriend; he might have requested it not to seem so much like a loser.)

>Maido
>Not meido

SPATS
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=61842924

Forgive me user

nth for Superior Pairing
Great thread

DR1 was also based around the assumption that the Tragedy was orchestrated by a larger Ultimate Despair group, that Junko was a part of. There very well could be the same parallel with Team Danganronpa, with it being an operation by purely Shirogane or that she's the lackey for a larger mastermind much like how Mukuro was for Junko.

Korekiyo was an asshole for removing Tenko from life.

She's destroying nee-san's pussy in the afterlife as we speak

(I don't have any pics of normie Miu by herself)
I like to imagine real!Miu was a more timid, bookish girl. (Like her "real" personality in the games) TDR needed a fanservice character, though, so they built on her intelligence and ballooned her into an overconfident braggart.
Was probably a shy virgin who wanted the money to pay for college. (Btw, am I off the mark in remembering that there was prize money involved...?)
Was a big fan of Danganronpa, mostly how the robots, simulations, and execution machines worked.

Real!Miu would probably be mortified at meeting Game!Miu; she might dress a little loosely, but she would never spew vulgar insults like her TDR personality.
She does get a little mad at her counter part, and ends up yelling at her, making her cry.

But she's a lolicon.

I want impregnate her.

I think she does make it clear she's only a lackey, and if you think about 1984 it might be she got caught and brainwashed into submission.

I find it almost ironic that Kiibo is possibly the only character that was forced into the game for "practical use" and didn't sign up for it, yet he's the only character who's real personality we actually saw and know about. The others are on audition tapes that have a 50/50 shot at being a truth, but Kiibo's actually happened.

Then again, having a character that didn't sign up for it at all be the only real personality shown could hide that the crazed fans of Danganronpa personalities are real too.

Tiny meido.

>tiny meido will never give Hoshi a reason to live

After I posted that a few threads ago, I realized the speech bubbles were actually an off-white color, rather than just pure white.
That's my fault for not noticing, so here's a fixed version.

Imagine how much fujos would have creamed themselves over big Hoshi.

>Sad character that lost all will to live in this world and simply wishes for the best for his classmates and other friends.

The fact that he gets ignored so much just because of his design makes me so mad because you're fucking right.

Hoshi is such a good character, I feel ashamed that when I first saw him in the scans, he was my least favorite and I hoped he died early.

Boy did I get my wish, but now I look back on the time when I was unenlightened and shudder.

No worries; thanks for translating it in the first place!

I don't blame you for being skeptical. All the other cartoony characters up till this point were walking jokes. Hoshi was the first one that actually got taken seriously and he's still ignored just because he's not fujobait like the fujo four of the game.

>fujo four
oh god my sides.

>fujo four
Do you mean Saihara, Amani, Kibo and Ouma?

That's exactly who I mean.

A lot of the fans of this series focus too much on appearance.
It sucks, but it's to be expected.
A select, dedicated few do like him and create fanart for him (some that is not wanted, ie- babycon), but he's never going to get any good merch or a role in whatever the DR series does next.

The fucking sad thing is of the four, on Saihara and Ouma were important.

Amani and Kibo were walking plot devices and Kaito was more important overall than them.

>fujo four
I need to remember this one

Kaito got so ripped off. He's so important to the plot and has a great character but he's not fujo enough so there goes any chance of him getting doujins or other fan stuff. His ranking was total bullshit too.

Sounds like a boy band

Ah, this one is new.
Think this'll be my last one for today.

>there's a difference at this point.

Kaito and Maki were great but they got fucking shafted.

How the fuck did Kirumi "MUH COUNTRY" Tojo get over them I don't fucking know.

archiveofourown.org/works/9679244

Kaito would be super popular with fujos if he just lost the goatee, I know it. Maybe rounded his chin a little too.

>fujo four
God bless, user.

I still maintain that Hoshi, Gonta, and Yumeno (joke, giant, and loli characters) all three should have been part of the survivors.
We still haven't survivors of the former two types, yet...

>will never be into omorashi/pissing
>there's a ton of it for ouma

I-is this how despair feels?

There was no way that Hoshi and Gonta would survive.

They don't fit standard DR survivor looks.

She didn't get over Maki but she got close. Maki took a huge hit in popularity overall which was really lame. Despite her story, "literally who" and "finally fucking relevant in the last chapter" beat her out. These two don't have much of anything and yet they still got up in the top half of the cast while Maki slips into the bottom half.

Thanks a lot, user!

Damganronpa V3 is now being 'localized' by 4Kids in their prime.

What changes?

Kaito isn't kawaii nor mysterious characterwise. He's not popular material, just deal with it.

>muh fav died whining all over again
Jesus fuck /drg/, you don't need character alive to like them nor the fanarts nor high popularity places in polls. Is this how low is your love?

That's exactly what I meant, user.
If this is the "end of Danganronpa", then it would been nice if they had subverted all expectations we had before.
(I don't think they're ready to kill this cash cow, yet, so I doubt it's the End end.)

Change the opening theme to softrap.

I could be without certain fanart of my fave if that was a form of showing love.

Almost thought that it was Shinguji instead of Kiibo but then I remembered what he did in the game

oumakokichi.tumblr.com/post/158317712885/can-you-please-explain-why-ouma-isnt-a-nazi-or

"The truth about ndrv3′s plot twist is this: all of the characters actually signed up for the killing game themselves and were assigned talents and backstories in order to participate in a “killing game reality show.” Their talents are fake, and all their outfits are made and provided for them by the mastermind, who is the SHSL Cosplayer."

I know it's Tumblr, but isn't this a giant leap in logic? Shirogane herself talks about dying with pride as a copycat criminal and it's too early to say what the truth is.

I don't really like how people dismiss her as Peko or Mukuro 2.0.

Peko killed Mahiru even though she had no other reason than "tool of Fuyuhiko" and Mukuro was literally a nobody who turned out to be a despair-loving psycho who worships Junko.

Maki was manipulated by Tsumugi and Ouma was being a asshole for no apparent reason. It's not totally her fault that things happened the way it did in Chapter 5. People who blame Maki totally for Ouma and Kaito's deaths miss what happened in Chapters 4 and 5.

Shirogane herself admits she's not the mastermind, and it's very clear that whoever on TDR or otherwise is actually setting up the game didn't fill her in, hence why Ouma drives her narrative off-rails in Ch 5.

Unfortunately very true.
Hopefully that won't summon Those Posters.

Doesn't he say in previous posts that it's not the whole truth?

And for an Oumagodfag who says that Ouma is gay, his posts when talking about other characters are more reasonable.

The only people who like Shinguji are those who are fetishposters.
Everyone else doesn't like him as intended.

>he's not popular material
Says the person posting a twitchbot image. Kiibo wasn't even relevant and didn't do shit until the last chapter of the game and yet somehow he's fucking loved. Kaito helps build Saihara's character and plays along with Ouma's plan to end the game and gets fucking 11th place. Not even in the top fucking 10. 11th. To fucking "MUH COUNTRY" of all damn people. The guy was a great fucking character along with Hoshi but because they aren't fujo bait, nobody is gonna want them and that's just bullshit.

That would be funny but his batshittery makes him hard to fujo seriously. He makes for great kink stuff though.

Yeah, if anything they forget that the start of chapter 5 was literally Ouma playing chess with the game itself and Maki was his player. He knew she was close to Kaito and could bait her into attacking, which she did. Because of that, he set his plan into motion with Kaito because he knew he had Kaito wrapped around his finger too. I'm kind of mad that he's popular but I saw that coming from a mile away. At least he did shit for the entire game though.

>serial killer
>sister fucker
>hated by both the cast and the fanbase
>dead and won't ever by missed by anyone
Am I retarded?

Think less about the pissing, and more about Ouma and his partner's reaction to it! Urine is but the vehicle of a great many arousing situations, the means if you will.

Holy fuck, I agree.

Just what is it about Ouma that makes him a target for this fetish? The white pants?

It takes a particular mindset to be tulpafucker.

I have to admit I liked the Kaito one whenever it got pastebinned here.

Kaitofags are fucking annoying.

Who's you favorite character, user?

how did kodaka fuck up v3 so hard!!!
zero escape fans are laughing at us bros its not fair

Hoshi gave all the bullies in his school wedgies and got detention for the next 3 weeks for it.

I want to feed Ouma until he has a nice big butt so I can smack it!

But seriously watersports in all its forms is like the go-to humiliation kink for people too vanilla for scat and Ouma's personality makes him perfect for both sides of the equation.

Gotta keep the money flowing for fujos.
Seriously though, they got shafted. Hoshi died horribly and Gonta should have commited suicide rather than be used as a weapon to off Miu.

Tulpafuckers are the most persistent shitposters in /drg/.

Shinguuji is a bliss.

I assumed a combination of that and some kind of humiliation thing?

It's not my favorite humiliation kink, though.

No clue, as an Oumafag myself I'd say Ouma's interest in people seems to skew more towards 'Not boring' and 'Hard to figure out' than him just being gay. That's why he only calls Kaito not boring at the end since their team-up to crash Shirogane's script was completely unexpected.

Goodnight /drg/! I hope you all sleep well and have a great day tomorrow.

>it's not fair bros it's not fair!!11
>all characters are shit but muh totally special and so interesting bruh kaito!!11
Grow up.

Good night, Kaede user.

Like pottery.

Night.

Well he is better than Amami and Kiibo. Amami didn't do shit and Kiibo didn't do anything until the very end of the game.

Goodnight kaede user! Tonight's picture is nice as well.

>Shirogane herself talks about dying with pride as a copycat criminal and it's too early to say what the truth is.
Still don't really understand what the point of that line was. Was it just to leave the ending open-ended with the possibility that everything was real after all?

Good night Kaedeanon! You get some sleep too!

Kaitofags are cancer

sleep tight little leader

Everything's up in the air so 1) fans can keep talking about the game until Kodaka inevitably makes the next DR and 2) be able to easily retcon anything Shirogane says as lolshewasbrainwashed if he finds himself written into a corner. He did the same thing in DR1 by making it vague as to what the outside world was really like and leaving little unanswered breadcrumbs like the bloody classroom.

I have the worst fucking taste but I may or may not find the idea of this very appealing.

Stop crying and just accept your shit boy isn't popular.

>cheeky bastard twink shota-like bishie who doms the shit out of multiple characters in game
>teases, seduces, turns on, and pushes around much taller/larger MC without shame or shyness
>not at all embarrassed by sexual topics, and can bring out the lewd shittalk when needed no problem
>50% of his lewd art is humiliation fetish/crying uke shit

nips are fucking wasting his potential