/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qEGWtyJAkO0
youtube.com/watch?v=R1vDupMEds4
zelda.gamepedia.com/Talus_Peaks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait a minute

Why is Link Right handed in this game?

For Honor is a better game

you're a better game

Favorite thing about the game, least favorite thing about the game
>Exploration, generally rewarded for doing so
>On the other hand, too much empty space at times, lack of enemy variety
There aren't many bosses either, is there?

He's the truest Link, with the same handedness as the original Link of Skyward Sword

Downfall Timeline wouldn't have happened if OOT Link was righthanded

thx bb

/our/ boy will return in the DLC.

Just wait and see!

There are a lot of world bosses

Now that I've finished the game and got the true ending, should I just start a new game and try to go for ganon without any of the memories, divine beasts,or the master sword just for the extra challenge/seeing other endings or just wait for the hard mode/winter DLC? Do you only have one save at a time (not counting autosaves) or can you have multiple saves? Don't want to lose all my progress if I decided to start a new game.

Tingle suit that uses octo balloons to fly when.

claim your BOTWaifu

I think he's using that backwards.

Unique bosses? I fought three Taluses already, I'm not looking to fight a fourth in another area.

How do I wake up Buried StalHinox? I found one near Hebra North Summit. I have waited at night and it will still not wake up. Do I need to do something specific first to wake it?

I went back at night and it was active. Maybe it has to be a blood moon?

W-w-what do the great fairies do to Link when they upgrade to his 4th armor?

After my first run I'm doing a 100% 3 heart run to make the game harder and after that a go after ganon run.

Apparently you need create a new profile for each run if you don't want to delete your data.

I heard you have to play the game under a different account or something to play on another save. You can probably find a guide or info on that online if you look for it.

hug him

Oh right, they've been working on this game for so long that Iwata is in the credits.

Alright, just didn't want to lose all my progress by starting over. I guess I sort of already did a 3 heart run since I spent all of my spirit orbs maxing out stamina since most enemies would have one shotted me anyway since my armor was crap for a good portion of the game.

I miss music.

But the way they handled exploration is pretty much all I wanted from a 3D Zelda game.
There are a lot of things they could polish, but the game still has me addicted and very pleased.

What time do you think night is in this game? It activates the same time as every other skeleton

Heh.

I cannot seem to find a decent page with the armor upgrade requirements on phone and it only takes 2 secs on pc. Why?

>You can't carry any more meals

Maybe a blood moon like said. Though if you need a stalnox for your compendium, there's one under Hyrule CastleYou also get the Hylian Shield for beating it, which is the best shield in the game

>Your inventory is full.

What's your guys goto meal?

>Meat
>Salt
>Fruit
>Hearty ____

All them hearts

post the cucc webm pls

Did the gyro just stop working on any of you in BOTW on WiiU? It was working perfectly fine till the segment where you rode Sidon to get to the Rutu dugeon. The motion controls don't activate the moment you draw a bow or use the magnet rune unless you tap the right analog and even then it'll just stop working shortly afterwards. I thought i turned those controls off, but it was not changed in the options and I thought my tablet controller was giving out but it worked totally fine in Splatoon.

Just curious if anyone else had this problem.

posting for laughs
youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qEGWtyJAkO0

Throw all my meat on a fire
Any heart food cooked on its own for the FREE FULL RESTORE
After the yiga camp BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS

No waifus for me only quality husbandos

So if I hit one of the dragons in the belly, does it always drop a scale, and can I only get one drop per day? Need horns for the sweet tunic upgrade

>The old hag who looks like an 8 year old

What did he mean by this?

For some reason, the game is now requiring an update, when before, it would let me postpone the update and keep playing. It now only allows me to return to the wii u main menu. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

I hear it's possible to spoof the fierce deity link amiibo using a phone or something, anyone know how that works?

Best girl, of course.

Try updating the game

My best guess would be to update your game

That'll stop if you do the update.

How many ambers can you possibly need for upgrades? I have 160 atm and I need cash.

Yes, you have to actually hit it in the horn to get a horn piece.
If you're having trouble aiming, splurge on an ancient bow; they fire much harder and don't start arcing until an extreme distance.

That is pretty funny

Those skely hands look awfully fondly.

>Play Time: 24:33
>Times Played: 2
I think I have a problem.

Ambers are used in the upgrading of the hylian set and the amber earrings.
But they aren't hard to find, so just sell them.

I hope they add more women's clothes for Link to wear.

does the wild armor set have a bonus?

>Iwata

>harder
nigga I got an ancient bow. I'm just trying to think of where I'd even try to stand. I normally just stand on the bridge itself. I guess I'd need to get on one of the towers or nearby hills.

And I only get one drop per it flying around?

is it fucking programmed to rain whenever you want to do a fucking quest that requires fucking torches likethe fucking garbage ancient labs?

They generally cause updrafts when they're around, that's your cue to ride one and fire a focus shot.

I'm pretty sure ancient lab blue fire cannot be put out by rain

Classic Zelda dress when?

Yes it can. I suffered through 3 rainfalls.

There are about 3-5 types of over world boss, depending on whether you count Stalnox as being a different archetype from a regular Hinox, and whether you count Lynels (despite them not having a boss health bar or their own music).

Someone should draw a shield-surfing Link ans a spinner riding Link doing sweet skateboard tricks together.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1vDupMEds4

Why does Revali's theme sound like it belongs to a completely different character from what we got?

I guess you don't think about it while you're playing but there is an astounding attention to detail in the physics of this game.

I hope you aren't neglecting your mental health /loz/

I want this so bad

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

>Sitting on overhanging rock waiting for urbosa's fury to return and master sword to repair
>Fury returns
>Few minutes later sword is repaired
>Glide down from rock
>Do a plunge attack with the crusher
>Turn around to engage lynel in mighty combat
>Notice moon

Just fuck my ass

Was it also windy outside or something? I haven't had this issue yet.

Post pot lid locations
- Kakariko village cooking setup
- Rito village cooking setup
- Old man's hut on the plateau
- more?

Context: Farming guardiants and occasionally missing parries eats your shield and I'm a cheapskate

at least you got a cool pic out of it.
also 50 fucking wood what the fuck no

any tricks for this shit i dont want to go lumberjacking for an hour

>No fast travel
>Fairy tonics and inns only for healing, no consumption of any other meal/material
>No Great Fairy gear upgrades

Would this be enough of a challenge or would you add more to it?

I was also thinking only allowed to carry one piece of each gear type at a time.

I don't even do the parry thing anymore for most of them, if it's a decayed I just storm up to it and kill before it's fired a shot, if it's a stalker I again storm up close, two shot a leg off, wail on the body, take another leg, body, leg, body etc. Never gets the chance to fire.

Master Sword OP, nerf pls.

Get a double axe from the bazaar in the desert, then head to faron. It'll take like 10 minutes, tops.

I just realized all the champion outfits have their divine beasts on them, while Link has the master sword.

Go to a forest and lumberjack for 5 minutes

50 wood? Piece of piss m8.

You got the stable outside the rito village? Go there, two free axes, shitloads of wood to chop and then on top of that there's a ton of trunks PRE-CHOPPED, stacked right at the stables waiting for you to hit and turn them into wood bundles.

You'll have your 50 wood in a minute.

>Brynna Plain
>Lodrum Headland
>Horon Lagoon
>Tarm Point
>Samasa Plain

These are all references to the Oracles games.

>Labrynna
>Holodrum
>Horon Village
>Tarm Ruins
>Samasa Desert

Super fucking cool.

I feel like I've bought everything from this guy, including the horse armour, how do you get dark link costume?

Stop being so lazy, you fuck.

He stocks it after you've freed all four divine beasts for 999, 999 and 1999 mon.

That's fuckin' sick

Ah shit, I did it, dealt the killing blow about two seconds before the bloodmoon cutscene kicked in. That was intense!

Fuck, I just assumed Talus Plateau was about the monster but

>zelda.gamepedia.com/Talus_Peaks

It's a thing from Oracles too.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS "CLASSIFIED ENVELOPE" KEY ITEM FOR???

Paya best girl

I guess Horizon Zero Dawn did what it wanted. Looked really nice in screen shots. I think the price you pay for graphics like that will always be a loss of longevity.

But hey, as long as you get enough preorders, who cares if they play it 6 months from now.

Ayy that works really well. Thanks, got a ton of drops - do they drop more if you take up all the legs?

I think the reason I never did this before was that my 1H weapons were weak early game.

I think so, but don't de-leg them on a beach. That shit will be blown away.

is there any chance they'll patch optimize the fps around tall grass?

Does killing the Talus/Hinox/Moldugas for him count as a sidequest? I'm at 75/76 and it's the only thing I could think is left.

I like botw and haven't played horizon, but you can tell how fucking skewed and nit picky these videos are, probably plenty of shit in horzion that don't happen in zelda, but better not show that.

dunno but you get medals

Aha! Finally my Radiant Set is maximized!

>60 armour
>+80% damage to Stal- and -Bone weapons of all kinds, stacks with dmg up, throwing and crits for MEGA DAMAGE
>Makes undead neutral
>Glows in the dark
>Makes people give the "Shock" reaction at night

What a wonderful set!

No one snapped up Mipha so I will, she a best

It's possible, but I expect most modern games to be all flash and no substance. I've watched streams, and it just looks like it feels awkward.

It also makes you the CHAMPION OF THE RING

El héroe de Hyrule.

Olé

... source? Reverse image search does nothing.

Set of the Wild aquired. Gotta say I don't like these shorts, they look like something a fuccboi boyscout would wear

so i guess they're perfect for this link

I feel like they really went out of their way to make the enemies in this game interesting, especially after the disappointing muppet that was the imprisoned.

>Get the Barbarian leg armour
>SHORT
>SHORTS
>LINK

Is Set of the Wild the one you get for completing all of the shrines?