AMA

Ask an Autozone wagecuck anything

inb4 rad for an air cooled beetle

What's the dumbest thing that people buy in your store but doesn't actually do anything?

Hola senor, nessecito un filtro de aciete para Ford Lobo 5.4 litros. Tienes?

generally anything stop leak, shit lasts for a couple days then they are back instead of just buying what needs replaced

How can I make your life a living hell?

uhhhhhh yeah same

generally by walking through the door does someone make my life hell, but the biggest thing is not knowing what kind of car you drive, theres shit you can sorta poke at with a rough model idea but like i get people coming in for axles and have no idea what car, motor size or anything and it makes me want to commit sepaku

So what if I took off the VIN, the markings for the car, and badges?

Would that make you die inside?

si

pasame el vin de tu pickup para conseguirte el correcto.

Why did Autozone fuck up the rewards card system? That was the only good thing about that shitty store

could still probably guess the car based on body unless its super uncommon to see, but i mean it wouldnt bother me because id look at it and just nope the fuck out

do you help old ladies install light bulbs, or do you tell 'em tough luck while you sit on the stool behind the counter with no other customers in sight?

because its a money hungry corporation

generally help anyone, regardless of age, race or gender. it gets me out of the store and away from other people but makes me feel good inside

At least you work around cars. I'm a cuck dishwasher making only $500 every two weeks. It's shitty.

why are most autozone employees completely clueless about cars?

everytime ive come to ask about something kinda specific they have no idea what im talking about, and go to the computer to figure it out.

they seem as knowledgeable of cars as walmart employees.

feels bad man

nobody who actually knows anything about cars is going to work a shit minimum wage job

because the company hires almost anyone, its a dying job. you can get paid more and deal with less bull shit working as a mechanic instead of trying to help people at a parts store. but yeah, they hire anyone regardless of how much they know or are willing to learn so you get kids that just work there for money not because it interests them or anything

this

3FAFP11362R190786. Necessito pastillas de brake tambien. No tengo una tarjeta de id, así que no preguntes. Toma EBT como pago?

si no hay pedo amigo

no ocupas id para comprar pastillas de frenos ni filtros de aceite

gib code for free stuff

Get to back to work boy, you haven't hit your checkout challenge and wittdtjr goals for the month

ayyyyyyyyy

just bitch about prices at advance or oriellys being lower and youll usually get 10% no problem

Hey, I'm a walmart employee and know a fair amount about cars. Working in their tire and lube while I'm in school. I would go for a real shop but most won't be as flexible with hours as walmart is, and I make $11.21/hr, at 19 I could definitely be doing worse.

not bad not bad

Wal-Mart guys have always been more consistent on knowledge than my local Auto-Zone. The O'Reily's IS staffed by educated guys, but they don't know much about newer technologies (anything post-1982) or parts. Wal-Mart guys let me shoot around ideas and shit while they give me some Pennzoil Platinum "by accident" for a $5 tip. I love knowing most of them and most of them being my age. One of my longtime school friends is the section manager or whatever (He has the top/rightmost picture), so that's cool.

Are you a MGTOW or does all your meager wage go to support some fat trailer park cow?

Go front & face you pathetic red shirt!

but senpai im a cs

As a fellow AutoCuck employee my biggest gripes is the constant nagging for add on sales, and customers that don't know shit about their cars. "What's the year make and model?" "Uh, it's red."
Also, I can agree that most people at Autozone don't know shit, but I at least try to help them and always try to learn myself.

Do you guys sell titanium ngk spark plugs? The mobile site sucks dick and I'm too lazy to get out of bed to check on my desktop.

sup autozone nerds

i got fired from a rss position at o'reillys for calling the russian kid "vodka vodka kalashnikov" lmao

whats worse gamestop or autozone?

please off yourself now r/the donald

I like AutoZone because they actually have parts in stock.

ANGRY

i just had to fight with parts guy over what shocks i need for my ranger. its a 2wd edge. i told him i needed 4wd, he thought i was retarded and gave me 2wd ones. i returned them, he then said "these should work" and hands me ones for coil sprung. i return them as well when they dont fit. eventually he gets the fucking message and orders 4wd ones.

he did a vin check and told me i had an xlt. i did a vin check on my phone showed it to him and said "edge bitch"

Tfw reading this at work rn while remodelingthe whole auto area

That's pretty unoriginal honestly

I work at AutoZone too, and yeah it's pretty fucking annoying as a car guy to listen to the shit that people say to you about cars, but after working there for over a year it's gotten to the point where it's just a daily thing and I just got used to constantly hearing dumb shit from people so I forget it.

One thing I do though is I subtly fuck with dumb, rude or bad customers

>Lady comes in
>"Hello, welcome to autozone, how may I help you today?"
>Lady: "I'm looking for motor oil."
>"Ok, what is the year make and model so I can look up what you need?"
>Lady: "just show me where the dang oil is okay?"
>"It's in the back."
>Lady goes back there picks up a random oil then comes back
>Lady: "is this fine for my 2007 corolla?"
>Hands me a bottle of AutoZone brand 20w-50 oil
>"Yeah that'll work."