So when do you guys think Christianity will become literally history? I'm thinking by the end of this century...

So when do you guys think Christianity will become literally history? I'm thinking by the end of this century. It's a dying religion and pretty pathetic when you analyze it's core tenets. It preaches a slave morality and tells you to turn the other cheek when you're wife is getting fucked by a negro.

Other urls found in this thread:

religionnews.com/2016/09/06/why-is-christianity-declining/
washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/12/christianity-faces-sharp-decline-as-americans-are-becoming-even-less-affiliated-with-religion/
conservapedia.com/Atheism_vs._Christian_revival_and_Christian_apologetics#Evangelical_Christianity_is_growing_in_secular_Europe_and_atheistic_China
conservapedia.com/Essay:The_Coming_Fifth_Great_Awakening_in_America
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
youtube.com/watch?v=IYEyv5a_3LM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-says-he-would-baptise-aliens-9360632.html
livescience.com/48208-religion-extraterrestrial-life.html
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/sub-saharan-africa/
washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/20/think-christianity-is-dying-no-christianity-is-shifting-dramatically/
theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/05/european-churches-growing-flock-muslim-refugees-converting-christianity
answersingenesis.org/christianity/church/pew-research-why-young-people-leaving-christianity/
gordonconwell.edu/resources/documents/2IBMR2015.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty soon

>>dying
kek. my sides user, stop

euphoric

What does christianity actually suggest in such a scenario? Are you just suppose to ignore them and patiently wait for them to die and go to hell?

>religionnews.com/2016/09/06/why-is-christianity-declining/
>washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/12/christianity-faces-sharp-decline-as-americans-are-becoming-even-less-affiliated-with-religion/
The sooner you accept it, the less it will hurt you later on.

It's an apocalyptic religion, so when there is a horrible calamity such as a nuclear war, expect Christians just to give up.

God will always have his 7,000 who will not bend the knee to Baal.

Christianity, especially Evangelical and Pentecostal, is booming in Africa.

>Some experts predict the shift of Christianity's center from the European industrialized nations to Africa and Asia in modern times. Yale University historian Lamin Sanneh stated that "African Christianity was not just an exotic, curious phenomenon in an obscure part of the world, but that African Christianity might be the shape of things to come."[20] The statistics from the World Christian Encyclopedia (David Barrett) illustrate the emerging trend of dramatic Christian growth on the continent and supposes, that in 2025 there will be 633 million Christians in Africa.

the great falling away is a sign of the second coming being nigh

time to get saved user

The decline of Christianity, it being a doomsday religion, will actually help it big time since the remaining Christians will feel like divinely blessed saints. I don't see religion playing a major role in society ever again, with the advent of technology and the internet.

conservapedia.com/Atheism_vs._Christian_revival_and_Christian_apologetics#Evangelical_Christianity_is_growing_in_secular_Europe_and_atheistic_China

conservapedia.com/Essay:The_Coming_Fifth_Great_Awakening_in_America

7/10, nothing special.

This is kinda worthless. Even if it is growing in China, it will die just like in the West (perhaps even faster) as their middle class grows and general living standards improves

Africa is the last hope for Christianity but I assume to most people here that it is as good as dead if that is the case.

>So when do you guys think Christianity will become literally history?

It's already rapidly in the decline. Christianity is entering the last stage of its life-cycle.

it's thriving in the developing world

Catholicism is, not Christianity

It won't literally disappear but it'll become like Zoroastrianism, practiced by a (relatively) small few in select regions. But the concept of God/heaven/hell will remain.

proddy pls

in fact proddies are growing even faster than catholicism (mainly pentecostals, charismatics, evangelicals)

Christianity will turn to the left, after its failure (everything on the right fails).

And so is atheism/irreligion, in the developed world as the middle class continues to expand.

The China thing is pretty bullshit because yeah, there's millions of new christians but only because China is so ridiculously populated. A sliver of the Chinese population is still a ton of people.

That said Christianity isn't in any danger of dying, it's not growing with any great strength but shithole countries aren't letting go of it anytime soon. It has already died out in northern Europe and is hanging by an edge in the rest of the continent. We still care in America but with millenials being the rest religious generation we've ever seen it doesn't look good long term.

My prediction is that Christianity won't be literally irrelevant in the west, with only a few scattered active churches here and there, for at least another century. At which time it will still be a big deal in Latin America and Africa.

atheism is a religion

Shouldn't have blown your load in Iraq.

>Daily reminder American "ideologies" are always killed by occupations.

I can't award any points, you'll have to do better than that.

And they'll be happy about it.

> (everything on the right fails)
Hello plebit

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

>These bants coming from Reddit.

Plz. These are homegrown by Leftypol

People really do confuse me with this meme of religion being a thing of the past.

youtube.com/watch?v=IYEyv5a_3LM
The world is going to be more religious in the future as far as we can tell.
Religion is on the decline in the west but so is our birth rates.

Fertility rate among atheists is just about 1 while being 1.3-1.5 among secular folks but being even 7 among strongly religious enclaves. It takes just 5 generation to change the demographic balance of 1:1 to even 1:7000 favoring strongly religious enclaves. This is well known fact all over the world. It's stunning and rather shocking for left wing atheists to realize how doomed they are by evolution.

interesting

By 2020

Atheists aren't going anywhere. As a population their total percentage is only shrinking by a little bit. Even so however, this is just taking into account birthrates. It's not like people don't lose their faith later in life. I mean I was born into a religious family and that shit didn't last.

Still, it's probably true that the religious will remain the majority for a very long time. The irreligious just aren't attracted to having a lot of kids.

>evolution

Religion isn't genetic you moron. And by your logic atheism would have never sprouted in the first place. Obviously there's more to it than just what your parents believed.

watch

>watch this totally not biased 40+ minute video

Waste of time, especially if you yourself can't make a real argument after watching it.

You talk like an atheist, OP.

You speak as though Christianity is a purely materialistic and historical phenomenon.

It isn't.

probably an american

It's just a paint job on their juju albino-eating superstition you fucking idiot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
>A 2016 U.S. study found that church attendance during young adulthood was 41% among Generation Z, compared with 18 percent for Millennials at the same ages, 21 percent of Generation X, and 26 percent of baby boomers.[40]

Atheism b t f o

muh pol

There's over 11 000 african christian denominations
parts of africa were amongst the first christian countries

It's pretty much gone in Europe.

So Christfaggotry would hang around the third world for a long time to come.

Can we have a thread without preaching for once.

>It's pretty much gone in Europe

another bible fanfiction sect will replace them

I don't think it's likely that the English or Germans experience a religious revival at this point. They're so jaded and detatched from religion that if you're openly religious you're actually considered a bit of an asshole.

Inshallah

>Religion in the European Union is a diverse matter with significant levels of belief in all EU member states. The largest religion in the EU is Christianity, which accounts for 72% of EU population, with its largest denominations being Roman Catholicism, Protestantism (especially in the north), and Eastern Orthodoxy.

For the lurkers who don't have time to watch the entire video I'll just mention a few things:

1) The number of children a woman have througout her life are affected mostly by three things being: marital status, education and religiousity.

2) In the 60's there were few orthodox jews in Israel, today 1/3rd of all Israeli school children are orthodox because of their birthrates.

3) Conservative christian denominations have larger birthrates than the liberal ones.

4) Muslims growing up in the UK are more conservative and more religious than their parents (pointing this out for the people who adhere to the view of "their children will integrate and become secular just like us").

5) If you invest/spend alot of time in your religious community it will be harder to leave, it's one thing to leave a episcopal church that you just go to every sunday here and there when your family and friends are fairy secular and don't mind. But imagine leaving the faith in a community where life revolves around the church/mosque. Your friends might abandon you and your family might cut off contact.

6) Why now? The question that usually comes after this is "well if conservative fundamentalists have more children then why aren't we are baptists now" or something along the lines. And the answer is that the material incentive is more or less gone now. Before you needed lots of children to work the land, to take care of you when you grew old + most died young. Thanks to the welfare state, modern medicine and urbanization this is no longer a problem. The link between sex and procreation is has now been broken aswell, the amount of children you have is now a choice so your personal values are much more important now than at any other time. More education and secularism=fewer children (see point 1).

No, just someone who takes these sorts of things seriously.

I think materialists are incredibly foolish. There's far more to the world than mere matter. To believe otherwise is to invite danger and folly. Be careful.

Nice empty churches btw.

they're not like americans, at least western europeans, they are christian in name only and often never stepped inside a church service
the situation in australia is similar (60%+ population identify as 'christian',

Sadly not, most Muslims living in Europe drop into the path of Dhulmi after a generation or two.

>conservapedia
Baiters don't even try anymore

I.e. the irrelevant world

I mean, we still have fucking Zoroastrians rolling around, what makes you think a faith that roughly a third of the global population follows is going to die out that fast?

The math just doesn't check out.

It is you dumb christuck. The supernatural doesn't exist

no they are often more religious than their parents

*tips fedora*

No, they are not. Saladin is right about something once

>It's a dying religion
It is growing at a faster rate and has more followers now (even as a percentage of the world's total population), than it has ever had before.
You can whine all you want about disliking Christianity, but to say it is dying is demonstrably untrue.

Epic comeback my fellow redditor
Upvoted

>The supernatural doesn't exist
Proof?

>no they are often more religious than their parents

I've seen this claimed often, but never cited.

Good.

So don't complain about immigrants then. They're more christian than you'll ever be.

>So don't complain about immigrants then
I don't see where I did or how that's related to what's being said
>They're more christian than you'll ever be.
I guess that depends very heavily on each individual immigrant, doesn't it?

you know you could watch the vid

Not gonna update you on the last 200 years of philosophy and science. Enjoy your medieval worldview.

>watching some random talking head

Nah. I'd prefer an actual study from a credible academic institution.

>all immigrants are christian

Most of the growing converts of Christianity you speak off is outside the western world.

Since people like you tend to be "Christianity is the bedrock of Muh Western Civilization" types, ergo you cant complain about such people coming into your countries.

why would we?

more religious immigrants is better than more atheists

You're jumping through some pretty massive mental hoops there.
The only thing you know about me is that I said Christianity has its largest numbers in history right now. Everything else you've come up with yourself.
Even if I did believe Christianity to be the bedrock of western civilization (which I never claimed, although an extremely strong case can be made for it) I don't see why that would at all impact my views on immigrants that share in the ideological bedrock.

also

>America and Yuropoors are the whole world
Do you also think Heterosexuality will be liteal history soon?

Most christians aren't looking foward to an apocalypse, rapture or not.

What will give the abrahamitic religions a serious run for the money would be the discovery of extraterrestial life. For the jews it would be:

"What if The Messiah doesn't pick Earth for His first comming?"

For christians and muslims, it would be:

"If Jesus was crucified for all our sins, did He only do it on Earth for everyone, or did he do it on all the other planets with sentient life?"

Bronze and iron age miracle mongering would seem so insignificant in comparision...

>implying that a religious enclave can stay 7-kid mom for approx 100-150 years
No, user. The grass is always greener on the other side.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-says-he-would-baptise-aliens-9360632.html

According to statistics its growing at a rate slower than the increase in population.

From what I recall, Islam is the only religion growing faster than the increase in population.

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the various theological questions that will rise. Not at all.

It will probably be replaced with a European form of polytheism. Hell, we might even see Jesus integrated as a god in this new religion, the god of forgiveness or something

Christianity isn't going away any time soon. Evangelical Christianity is booming in Latin America, Africa and China. It'll just stop being associated with Western civilization and become a religion of the developing countries.

Are you for real?

i'm sure they'll do some mental gymnastics like the switch from young earth to old earth creationism and evolution

some denominations/sects have made some attempt accommodate it

livescience.com/48208-religion-extraterrestrial-life.html

>Evangelical Christianity is booming in Latin America
Cannibalizing on catholicism, user.

True, but it will take a toll...

Do you think that the darmic religions will be better or less worse off?

Latin America is home to more than 425 million Catholics – nearly 40% of the world’s total Catholic population – and the Roman Catholic Church now has a Latin American pope for the first time in its history. Yet identification with Catholicism has declined throughout the region, according to a major new Pew Research Center survey that examines religious affiliations, beliefs and practices in 18 countries and one U.S. territory (Puerto Rico) across Latin America and the Caribbean.

catholicism is doing well too, particularly modernist charismatic factions

The new survey finds that Protestants in Latin America tend to be more religiously observant than Catholics. In nearly every country surveyed, Protestants say they go to church more frequently and pray more often than do Catholics; a regional median of 83% of Protestants report attending church at least once a month, compared with a median of 62% of Catholics. Protestants also are more likely than Catholics to read scripture outside of religious services, to approach the Bible literally and to believe that Jesus will return during their lifetime.

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/sub-saharan-africa/

This a diagram of saints made.

For over a 1000 years, it was quite stable. Then suddenly, a wild reformation appears. Then it's quite still on the canonization front. Then it gets really interesting.

My guess is that any canonizaton splurge a reaction to a crisis. And the church sure has a crisis. The canonization of that despicable greater-Albania nationalist nun is the perfect Hail Mary. The church is losing ground in the western world. What better strategy than to canonize someone that even non-believing non-catholics like (for some strange reason)?

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/20/think-christianity-is-dying-no-christianity-is-shifting-dramatically/

theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/05/european-churches-growing-flock-muslim-refugees-converting-christianity

because people like to think they are helping.
especially if they are not.

News articles aren't good sources, post statistics

Stop them because you are supposed to prevent others from sinning.

answersingenesis.org/christianity/church/pew-research-why-young-people-leaving-christianity/

gordonconwell.edu/resources/documents/2IBMR2015.pdf