/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Tentatively expect a beta in mid-March 2017

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/?
youtube.com/watch?v=xqw1byJrkbA
youtube.com/watch?v=2o8GRrvUXZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_sgRKBot5bs
youtube.com/watch?v=IHzLzhcvMxA
youtube.com/watch?v=VRSjLkj0VMw
youtube.com/watch?v=xqXsm8ERgEw&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=yHMmx_x2LQI
youtube.com/watch?v=j5wO5oaEnnM
youtube.com/watch?v=KDXOzr0GoA4
youtube.com/watch?v=PNFjLzVKVdk
youtube.com/watch?v=fZKRCqxs5cc
youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good morning, citizens of Nirn. I hope you all have a blessed morndas and I am curious as to what you are all busying yourselves with?

Praise the Nine Divine.

this needs another update soon. there's another gote.

Post height difference

Finished sewing a jacket. Going to sleep soon

is Skyrim Mod Combiner worth using? Or better to just frankenstein shit together manually?

Yarti is smol

Currently I'm playing Kenshi. Its a fun time waster but is pretty shallow outside base-building. The next major update is hinting at adding quests though, so I feel that this will change.

Working on some textures for Maze-Sempai

I've been thinking about attempting some cape textures. I've been using this torn hide cape on Fanar. I liked it so much I've started using it on Yarti too, I guess Fanar gets it from mama. The texture is hideous though.

There must be some reason that nobody has gave them good textures by now though. Bad uv maybe. I'll look into it eventually.

Is there any reason you would use that instead of Merge Plugins?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/?

Pure muscle though!

Any of you guys still using the citrus heads? I'm getting tired of having my eyebrows clipping through my face all the time and I'm looking for an alternative.

That's all you need if you're gonna be a cool adventurer!

smc and merge plugins do different things.

merge plugins, as i understand is just a tool for essentially smushing multiple esps into a single esp and in some cases improving compatibility between mods.

smc is a program that basically generates a curated 'best of' of retextures by checking a directory on your computer for various texture mods, and then pulling the ones the creators determined are the best / work best together.

i'm asking if the smc 'best of' is noticeably better than just using a single pack (e.g., noble skyrim), and if it's noticeably worse than taking 10x longer to manually merge/cut/hide individual textures between packs to create my own 'best of', if that makes sense.

Oh.
It won't matter how good smc is, anyone here will tell you to pick/choose yourself, period.

Applying textures I got from the Dark Souls nexus onto the Dark Souls mods I have for Skyrim.

I guess this is the best I could get without a metal map

youtube.com/watch?v=xqw1byJrkbA

citrus was shit, went back to using vanilla.

your image feed featured white stockings. Will that file be public?

Oh those are from lingling's wedding dress for UNP. They weren't converted by me.

I dislike how realistic the series is trying to appear

Something about Oblivion's visuals really gets me

Realistic, good looking for the most part, but still very much a video game

as long as you have a head replacer of course

I dislike that about pretty much every game honestly.
Nothing better than games spending all their money on marketing and art than actual fucking gameplay.

why do people suggest you "optimized texture" with that shitty tool, every modern texture pack is already fully optimized that tool will ruin all your normals and fuck shit up, bad idea

Because
1) No they're not all actually optimized, you're actually just talking out your ass.
2) No, people don't actually suggest you do that if you don't need it, again just talking out your ass.

i see it in about every single skyrim modding tutorial

Just because it's there doesn't mean it's required.
We recommend a billion different armors for some reason, you aren't supposed to get them all if you don't have a use for them.

So I'm getting crashes whenevr I load in Whiterun, I've uninstalled mods and all that and it's still not fixing it. Im running out of ideas, is there anything else that I could try doing?

Tried checking it out with a new character?

tried downloading crash fixes?

What could be causing this? I swear it wasn't like this before but before was a while ago because I don't usually look at candles like this.

Is interesting NPCs good?

ok i made a slightly less edgy roster

tried those and im still getting crashes. could it be a memory issue? since it is whiterun, and I have heard that it always crashes for people. Unless there are other crash fixes out there and all that?

Let me guess, you got SMIM and Ruins Clutter Improved installed?

Go to Ruins Clutter and download the second latest version of the mod. The new candle textures from Ruins dont work with the current SMIM meshes.

What about of fucking nerds, lmao.

More like good enough.
Sure there are characters and voices than make you want to slit your wrists, but there's enough great and at least decent characters to make up for it.
And god does skyrim need more diversity that isn't shoehorned races where they don't belong.

crash fixes fixed literally every problem i've ever had so i usually recommend that first

i imagine it's a memory issue if you're positive it's not a mod fucking something up

what abunch* holy fug I should go to bed

rude

I have to sleep. Post action or cool shit

Ok. Thanks f am

THANK YOU.

Sleep is for the weak.

a c t i o n

Wait, 2.9? I just checked and I have the same version. There's also no patch. Fug...

action

Download version 2.8

Thanks again.

www.skyrimgems.com is dead

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

Geez. Did somebody make bone pile textures yet?

>have kickass castle
>let it be all dirty and fucked up
You'd think with all the human cattle slaves stuff like that would be taken care of.

but
a e s t h e t i c

buy mods

Where should DynDOLOD and the BillBoards be in relation to other texture re-placers in the Mod Organizer priority list?

Should they be near the bottom closer to Overwrite, or should they be placed before most other texture mods?

What are some good mods to add more books into the game
big books too like lotr or goosebumps :^)

do yourself a favor and watch that long as fuck video by gamepoets its like 1hr but you will spend 12 hrs trying to learn even the basics of dyndolod.

Dark Souls stuff with some fresh textures

I've installed DynDOLOD with no problem really. I just don't like some of the low res textures brought in from Enhanced Landscapes. I have higher ones that it's overwriting and I'm unsure of if it's okay to move things in front of DynDOLOD and Enhanced Landscapes stuff.

Would that video cover that stuff?

enhanced landscapes dont put any new textures they use whatever you got already

>no qt babette replacer

do we have a guide on how to make one

Sorry I should have specified the grasses and plants plug-in.

>Grasses and Plants
>Enhanced Landscapes contains its own unique grass plugin. This was build on my other mod Unbelievable Grass Two, but is very different looking. Textures were optimized for performance, but still high quality

There's something in the works for Skykids but it depends on Skykids ever getting updated

BIJIN WARMAIDEN'S PAGE IS DOWN

HOLY FUCK THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE BASED RXKX LET ME SUCK YOUR DICK

Don't be ded.

pretty fucking dead in here

Is Requiem worth playing? I'm in the mood for something new but I get the feeling it might be shit

ded as heck

how can any other husbando compete?

where does wrye bash fit into this equation ?

trust your feelings

post what ur listening to

youtube.com/watch?v=2o8GRrvUXZQ

This song is growing on me exponentially.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sgRKBot5bs

youtube.com/watch?v=IHzLzhcvMxA

Please don't reply to this post, doing so is advertising for the respective channels because they can monetize from the ads and that is spamming the thread and against the rules.
Thank you for your compliance!~

f
Nothing is eternal.

youtube.com/watch?v=VRSjLkj0VMw
Is that a new album? Oughta check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=xqXsm8ERgEw&t=

youtube.com/watch?v=yHMmx_x2LQI

Trying this again:
Is there a mod that would add a male tracksuit to the game? There are at least four different mods for female characters, but I failed to find anything for males.

boris?

Aleksandr

youtube.com/watch?v=j5wO5oaEnnM

youtube.com/watch?v=KDXOzr0GoA4

>poor little whitestrake

>I get the feeling it might be shit
Skyrim is a shit game. No mod can fix that.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNFjLzVKVdk

>MSI

What are some must have mods for Oblivion?
Are there any that fix the broken leveling?

I could use any paired picture I wanted to honestly.
youtube.com/watch?v=fZKRCqxs5cc

Leveling in Oblivion is indeed the worst. Use Quest Award Leveling. It will update your leveled unique items so you can't miss out the high-level versions.

Anyone know what causes this bug Occasionally when I kill a draugr he won't ragdoll and he'll just float in his idle animation. If I reload the area he's ragdolled on the floor. Not a big issue since I rarely fight draugr anymore.

Only happens to draugr so I assume its a skeleton issue. And obviously google is no help because searching for bug issues on a 6 year old bethesda game gives you like fifty thousand results that aren't related to your issue.

Perhaps you installed creature animations and messed up creature skeletons somehow

youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0