Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lqu7lKcmQJY?t=1m22s
youtube.com/watch?v=HL8uTl6PB2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is tom hardy /ourguy/?

hyperanon, just buy a switch

They do where i live

I'm a club hang around.
Not a gang though, although technically on an a FBI watch list.
Hang around only because my Dad's prez of a chapter.
Also a purely sport bikes club, no faggy cruisers

Still gay as fuck my dude. Motorcycle clubs may as well wear pride patches as a requirement,

Yeah, Mongols and Hells Angels operate in northern Nevada.

Especially Reno.

Meh, the dudes are cool, the comradery is nice.
Not going to actually prospect though. Too much politics.
Also, they can party like nobodys business. I grew around it and have the ability to drink anyone under the table. Trade off is I'm an alcohol, but that's also partly due to my depression.

How is life as an alchahol?

youre an alcohol huh

too bad

Sexi

Not too bad. I think my morning irish coffee is tasty.
Only thing is the times when I can't be inebriated I get massive headaches.

>Going through DTs on a regular basis.
Feels bad man

Where'd the windshield go?

>I'm saying you are a lesser rider if you only ride under a narrow set of conditions

I can't remember the last time I read a post this autistic

I disagree. I think it looks weird. The lights looks like those funny-eyes thing you glue on paper. Someone should shoop that in.

>newfags itt

RIP old sportbikes

>tfw it's all edgy design, 250/300cc twins, and 600/1000cc i4s now

that bike is fucking ugly

You're fucking ugly.

>old sportbikes so much better!
>posts the ugliest possible versions of them
cmon m8

Still don't know if I should get an XR400 or a DRZ400 for trail riding.

Wreck your bike?

I've got an Indian scout sixty and someone earlier who has one as well mentioned putting in progressive springs to replace the shitty stock ones that dive hard when braking. I'm new to owning a motorcycle but have worked on cars since I can remember, done motor swaps, differentials, etc. I'm mechanically inclined basically. Now how hard is it to swap springs in a set of forks? I don't know what to look out for. Are they under a lot of compression like struts in a car? What else is there to be cautious of?

You're neglecting that those 600 and 1000cc I4s are practically as small as the 400cc I4s you are jerking off instead of weighing 600lbs like they did then.

Drz400 has a much better aftermarket, something to think about.

Ive never done it, everybody pn the Indian forums reccomend them.

Im about 175 pounds, the front is too soft for me.

>have 30hp shitbike
>blast away from stop lights like a mad banshee
>still faster than 90% of cars out there in traffic
>lane spit like a mong through rush hour to get home
>turn a 40 minute drive into 15 minutes on surface streets
>final turn before my neighborhood jump the curb into an easement and haul ass offroad sliding back onto the road and into my hood
>scrape peg around final bend onto my street waving at R6 biker bro that lives on the corner
>stoppie into driveway

I never knew these fun commuting feels until I got a shitbike.

you cum guzzling queer nothing wrong with that vfr

Yep. I prospected for a particular motorcycle club too. Decided against it for endless reasons.

Kinda wish there were MC clubs for adv bike riders, where everyone would wear full ATGATT and ride their BMWs and KLRs to bars but get drunk and pick fights like OS MCs but it'd be like a band of shitty asshole knights off game of thrones.

WR250R has similar power to weight of a DRZ but weighs less than 300lbs

If it is only being used off road why not get a proper dirt bike?
If it has to be a honda or suzuki the crf450x comes to mind and so does the rmx450z.

The DRZ400 and XR400 are both en a different realm of reliability and maintenance compared to the very maintenance intensive CRF450 and RMX450's

wr250r has a piss poor engine that isnt suitable for highway use

Says who?

WR250R is arguably better on the highway than a DRZ400 and the motor is bulletproof.

I haven't experienced that in a long time desu

t.neverriddenaWRRonthehighway

lol a WR250R is 10 times better on the highway than an XR400 will ever be

You might be thinking of a cfr250?

They are also in a different realm of performance being heavy and under powered.

If you are poor that is fair enough i guess but maintaining an enduro bike really does not cost much.

>isnt suitable for highway use

lol okay

why do you fags feel the need to touch yourselves furiously whenever someone mentions wr250

its an OK dual purpose bike

its shit for highway use

If He's looking at a DRZ400 and an XR400 he's likely looking at a reliable form of transportation and/or long distance dual sport/adventure bike.

An RMX and CRF are shit at these things.

It's not about being poor, its about wanting a bike for something other than playing with in the woods then having to tear apart every other ride.

if you try and go 70-75 mph on the highway in the city I work in youll have cars trying to crawl up your tail pipe all day every day

no thanks, its too slow

see:

If a WR250R is shit for highway use then so is a DRZ, XR400, XR650, etc.

WRR's can cruise forever at 75+mph, top out at around 100mph, get 60-70mpg while doing so, and only need an oil change every 3000 miles.

What else would you need a bike to do to be "good" on the highway?

I live in LA area and keep up with traffic fine on a WR250. I commute every day at ~85mph passing traffic on the freeway lane splitting.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

he said
>XR400 or a DRZ400 for trail riding.
not for riding down the highway.

It needs to do 90mph in first gear because shifting is too much work

>dual sports aren't good for highway
right
>What else would you need a bike to do to be "good" on the highway?
Strong engine, tall top gear, lots of torks, wind protection, stable steering geometry, comfortable seat, etc.

Good taste.

Biggest reason I'm looking at the drz and xr is the maintenance. I don't get to go out often, and I don't want to spend half of my free time working on the bike. It needs to be able to sit for months, start after a few kicks and be flogged before being put away again.

fuck you guys are autistic.
the guy asked about an xr400 and drz400 for trail riding and you sperg lords start arguing about riding a wr250r down freeways...

yet millions of people the world over commute on dual sports with less power and shittier highway manners than the bikes mentioned here just fine.

But I guess you're the expert...

>jacket
>boots
>gloves

What are you wearing, what do you want, what did you wreck?

my bike has a relatively tall 6th gear but fuck all for torque its fine though

downshift once or twice even from the passing lane (thats the far left lane for all you idiots who cruise there going the same spped as those to your right) rev it to the moon you can overtake just fine

if you are riding off road you still need to do nearly as much maintenance on something like a drz as you would a high strung enduro.

you are still going to be washing it after every ride, cleaning the air filter after every ride and you might get a ride or two more between oil changes.

If you arent going to be riding sweet fuck all id go all out and getting the high strung bike.

>Indian scout sixty
> damper rod forks.

It's not the springs that let the front dive, it's the old-fashioned "damper rod" forks.

Modern bikes use "cartridge" forks, which contain a cartridge much like the strut of a car. It uses a shim stack for damping, etc.

One of the fave cheap-out options on bikes is to use the much-cheaper "damper rod" forks, that use a rod with a hole in it as a damper.

Now, the resistance of an uncompressable fluid raises to the square (or was it cube?) of velocity, so the result is that you have very harsh forks over bumps, and not enough damping to resist brake dive.

BTW cartridge forks have been available since the 80's, so fuck the makers who use them, but all the entry level models use them. R3, sv650, 300 ninja, etc.

The upgrade you want isn't springs, but a drop-in sorta-cartridge-upgrade thingie called a "cartridge emulator" from Race-tech. The install requires you drill more holes in the damper rod, then reassemble and stick the emulatro between the srping and rod. It's a compression-only cartridge that uses a screw-adjustable spring for compression adjustment. The result is pretty plush over the bumps, but very little dive and good control.

what are you trying to prove? I never said it's not possible to ride a dual sport on the highway. You asked what is "good" for highway riding and I gave a list of good qualities.

Shitbikes are very powerful, sometimes not in the streets, but in the feelings they provide.

>joe rocket comet jacket
>hiking boots
>$15 leather gauntlets off amazon
>bell vortex helmet

Vortex is alright but loud as fuck and I don't have the money to replace it all yet. Haven't wrecked anything yet, it's my first gear, been riding almost a year now.
I want those Icon Elsinore boots though, they look badass. They look like tanker boots. I'm iffy about the side zipper though. Zippers are up there on my list of cheap *convenient* shit that wears out along with velcro.

Wow thanks for the info. Definitely going to look more into it to make sure I don't fuck something up. I mentioned I've worked on a lot of cars, never said I fixed any of em

Weight maybe, but the shop near me has a 90s gsxr400 and the thing is small as fuck.

It's some special Japanese version with a computer controlled carburetor there was only a couple hundred made

Those look homosexual

youtube.com/watch?v=HL8uTl6PB2k

Jesus christ that crash

>crash
That was 'dropped once in a parking lot' tier

Click bait joke I believe

Guy all motorcycle boots look like that and 'tanker boots' are just engineer boots which have been around since before tanks.

it's a miracle he survived

The WR250R was mentioned as an alternative to the DRZ400 and XR400.

An attept to disqualify based on it "not being suitable for highway use" here:
This is a garbage argument given the context because the WR250R is just as good if not better on the highway than the DRZ400 and XR400

tl;dr learn to context retards.

>all motorcycle boots look like that
Hahahaha no they fucking don't. Where else can I find classic looking motocross boots? Boots today are either: plastic power ranger mx boots, motogp booties, and fugly "engineer boots" for harley riders.
>'tanker boots' are just engineer boots which have been around since before tanks
Thanks for the history lesson but who cares about the nomenclature? Search Google Images/Wikipedia for both engineer and tanker boots. You get pretty different results.

>Vortex is alright but loud as fuck and I don't have the money to replace it all yet.
take the padding out then tape off the vents behind the ears. Thats what makes it so loud on those helmets.

Drop some plastic cement in the exterior of the vent to quiet it up more, make sure its taped off before you do this.

fuck off you dirty wigger. No one cares about your shit tier videos.

>actually falling for a retarded motovloggers shit tier blatant guerrilla marketing on 4chin to boost views on his garbage content.

Is that the vin card that's been scratched off?

>wr250r has a piss poor engine
lol

wr250r has a better engine than DRZ

shit tier pic cant see what you're even talking about

99.99% of motovloggers are fucking retards

the only good ones normally record separately instead of talking to the camera while they ride or aren't riding on the street when they do it

Are these high enough above the ankle for the memelords on /dbt/?

not if you actually like your ankles. and why do they taper downwards in the back? the fuck is the point of that

better than hiking boots tho

yes

Those boots suck

Those are just fine until you get on a motorcycle.

VIN is usually stamped onto the steering neck

won't do anything for your ankle.

Pick them up in the store, you'll be able to fold them in half I guarantee.

You realize you could get a practically the same looking full length boot and just wear it under your pants unless you're a skinny jeans fuccboi if you're so concerned.

Or those Dainese in pant boots or whatever.

only if you're buying jap scrap.

Plenty of interesting triples and L-twins and shit out there if you bothered looking.

wow great quality pic, which pixel is the bike

And to add on, I was going to buy those $100 O'neal mx boots but since my dual sport riding is mostly around town and through the woods, I figure a beefy leather boot would be adequate for that riding + hopping off the bike and walking in town.
I've taped the inside, along with taping the outside of the vents and even adding foam to insulate but it's still bad enough that I have to wear earplugs. I think the ridges are part of the problem in pic related. There's also a lot of wind noise around the neck, the chin/neck curtain don't do a good enough job.
But whatever, it's a sub $200 helmet and noise is the price of ventilation.

I heat you, but I'm usually going to work on my bike, not qualifying for a MotoGP championship

>says jap scrap
>posts an unreliable pile of shit britbongcycle.

top lel

>it's still bad enough that I have to wear earplugs.
You mean like 99% of helmets on the market?

>sub $200 helmet.

I hope you paid less than $100 for it.

I bought one last year as a spare for $80.

Put your shoes on at work

Any poorfag alternatives for a Sena? Most if the Bluetooth earbuds I've seen look bulky.

you mean 100%?

probably because it was manufactured like 2 years earlier than a full price one

>tfw your manufacturer isn't even on the list

Thanks Broski, excellent info

I got 2 Bluetooth/Mic and speaker things for like $130. They're called buyee Bluetooth communicators or something on Amazon. With pretty well and can pair with senas

Because they would have to scale down the graph to make it go all the way to 90%

Does it have a chin curtain?